Page 207 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1071571972032042052062072082092102112172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 75153

I had cartoons of the week lined up ... but I this is the only one needed.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I had cartoons of the week lined up ... but I this is the only one needed.

And it set the tone perfectly.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Anyways, with Trumps visit to my state today, I live near Bangor, one of the states biggest papers is calling for him to resign

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/06/...ld-resign-now/

I was only able to briefly stop by the protest today near the airport, decent anti Trump crowd, plenty of crazy Trumpers as well, kind of a crazy scene lol
    Last edited by Maine Starfish; 06-05-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Who gets to determine what the real issues are?
    the people who are being oppressed, not the people who are doing or supporting the oppressing.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You keep using the word "looting".

You don't loot lives, last I checked.

Over a 1,000 people were killed by police a year. You're claiming that looters are murdering all these people.

Fine, dude. Start naming them. When you get to a thousand, you might not be a hypocrite.
    I'm not saying looters are murdering 1000 people ... but I am saying the lives lost to the looters matter too. If that's somehow hypocritical in your mind so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The vast majority of shootings are not all that controversial. It's a stretch to equate looters killing someone with cops shooting a man who is in the process of stabbing a woman.
    I still don't seem to see any names of the victims of "looting" that's somehow murder and not theft he's complaining about.

Does it even come close to this?

Again, y'all seem to have trouble actually doing the work on any argument where you're pretending "both sides are just as bad".

Maybe you'd like to give credence to the president trying it on Charlottesville again, eh?

Repeat: Look at yourselves. Who are you being right now? Who are you defending, who are you trying to delegitimize, and what are you tolerating?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not saying looters are murdering 1000 people ... but I am saying the lives lost to the looters matter too. If that's somehow hypocritical in your mind so be it.
    Name them.

Unless you can't. Because it sure seems like you can't, and this is posturing and a false argument.

To defend systematic racism and police brutality.

Great cause, you're working on.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You might as well just start with the "All Lives Matter" shtick at this point, your so close already.

Entire BPD Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)–News 4 has learned the entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned from the team.

That’s a total of 57 officers.

We’re told this is a show of support for the officers who are suspended without pay after shoving 75-year-old Martin Gugino.

They are still employed, but no longer on ERT.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

‘Police just went nuts’: Charges dropped after video surfaces of police beating student, other protesters with batons

A Temple University student arrested during protests Monday was released from custody Wednesday after video surfaced of one police officer striking him in the head with a baton and another using his knee to pin the student’s face to the street.

Prosecutors dismissed the charges against Evan Gorski, 21, an engineering student, after viewing the YouTube and Twitter videos, according to his attorney, R. Emmett Madden.

Madden said Thursday that he had been told by court personnel that Gorski was being held on allegations that he assaulted a police officer by pushing him off a bike, causing him to break a hand.

Eight seconds into the 36-second video, Gorski — with a ponytail and wearing the Eagles jersey — appears to reach in to separate an officer and a protester, and immediately retreats when another officer raises his baton.

That officer then strikes Gorski sharply on or near his head and tackles him, while another officer presses Gorski’s face to the pavement by placing his knee on the back of his head and neck. Madden said Gorski required medical treatment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    You might as well just start with the "All Lives Matter" shtick at this point, your so close already.
    That's better than saying some lives don't matter, right?

It's not like some of the business being destroyed and the lives lost weren't minority people too. Just saying.

I saw this and almost couldn't believe it, but for the past 5 years I've been forced to accept so many things I thought would be unthinkable . . . and that is so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    the people who are being oppressed, not the people who are doing or supporting the oppressing.
    I personally know 4 people who had their lives livelihood ruined in the past couple says due to looting... to them it's a real issue.

To others it's not... just something they read about on the internet. And I'll wager some view police brutality that way too.

All I'm saying is there is plenty of tradegy to go around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Oh really? If that victim the officer killed was Asian, White, or Latino. Think we'd still be experiencing these riots?

Also, have Black Lives Matter spoke out against anything other than White Cop harming a Black Person?
    Black Lives Matter was created because of Trayvon Martin's death who WASNT killed by a cop.

Stop spreading alt right talking points and educate yourself.