Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I really lost faith in the public at large when Trump won in 2016 in spite of:

The Access Hollywood tape where he brags about assaulting women
    Mocking of a physically disabled reporter
    Insulting John McCain and POWs in general by saying they're not war heroes

All of these things are indisputable and we're seen by millions. And I am not even going to count his grifter ways, Trump University, etc. If millions of people can vote for someone like that it just makes me frightened and sad about the future of this nation. Not that I am a big fan of Oprah but she once got into hot water for saying that there is a whole generation of people that are " born and bred and marinated, in that prejudice and racism and they just have to die" It's Trump loyalists, the ones that show up at this rallies and defend him online, etc not the politicians will go where the wind blows to get elected that are the issue. IMO they will not suddenly be struck by a bolt from the blue and "see the light". They will be with us for years to come. We have to hope that interest in Trump and his politics will die out in succeeding generations
    I voted against him both times, never liked or trusted him but for the longest time I didn't hate him per se. Unlike Bush he didn't start any unnessary wars and the economy seemed decent enough. My mom totally did hate him though, for years she'd go on this angry and long rants everytime i saw her about how the president was a racist fascist or something, and I always thought she was exaggerating. Then 2020 happened, and the fat idiot spent the whole crisis underplaying and politicizing the virus while hundreds of thousands of citizens die, and now he's undermining the fabric of our democracy, and manipulating his cult like followers because he's a narcissist and a sore loser. Had to call my Mom the other day to tell her she was right, that wasn't fun.

The 2016 Trump vote is pretty simple to understand, because for most it had nothing to do with anything but R versus D. Supreme Court seats were going to be up for grabs. People will vote for anyone if it means Supreme Court seats, thats a simple fact.

Which probably means the SCOTUS has too much power, but thats a different discussion.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for him! But for people I know who did, it was court seats. They squinted through the sleazy stuff about him, imagining he was going to get better or "it was lockerroom talk" or some such. Sort of makes you lose a little faith in humanity, though.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-03-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I voted against him both times, never liked or trusted him but for the longest time I didn't hate him per se. Unlike Bush he didn't start any unnessary wars and the economy seemed decent enough. My mom totally did hate him though, for years she'd go on this angry and long rants everytime i saw her about how the president was a racist fascist or something, and I always thought she was exaggerating. Then 2020 happened, and the fat idiot spent the whole crisis underplaying and politicizing the virus while hundreds of thousands of citizens die, and now he's undermining the fabric of our democracy, and manipulating his cult like followers because he's a narcissist and a sore loser. Had to call my Mom the other day to tell her she was right, that wasn't fun.
    Reminds me of this

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

In terms of Hillary's loss, Democrats have always been kinda spotty at campaigning. People who volunteered for the Democrats pretty much said so. Remember, Obama formed his own election group independent of the democratic party because he thought them so incompetent?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Which reminds me, The democrats lost with jaime harrison because he ran one of the worst campaigns ever seen (Accordingto the people who live there)
    . Jamie Harrison worked for John Podesta's lobbying firm with companies like Walmart and Wells Fargo. He was also a Clyburn staffer forever. He was hand picked because the Demorcats in power wanted him.

I literally had NO idea what his political positions were other than getting rid of Lindsey Graham. 100 million dollars wasted on a party connected lobbyist.

DC law requires nonprofits to use funds for stated public purposes, and to avoid unreasonable, wasteful expenses.

Our investigation revealed the Committee willfully used nonprofit funds to enrich the Trump family.

It’s very simple: They broke the law. That’s why we sued.
    Twitter Link

This is batty. Americans are in dire need of food and paychecks. More people died yesterday from #COVID19 than any day since. We have work to do. Yet, @HouseGOP
    just motioned to adjourn Congress. What the hell are they doing?
    Twitter Link

I believe more people died from Covid yesterday than died from 9/11.

We changed fucking everything after 9/11. Yesterday won't mean anything to anyone.

We will "never forget" 9/11. Yesterday will be forgotten because it won't even be the highest single day total.

Republican voters are screaming at Democratic Governors to end the lockdowns, while apparently being completely fine with Mitch intentionally not providing relief to the same businesses they say Dem Govs are killing.

This country is a fucking pile of ****. This is a failure on every level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I believe more people died from Covid yesterday than died from 9/11.

We changed fucking everything after 9/11. Yesterday won't mean anything to anyone.

We will "never forget" 9/11. Yesterday will be forgotten because it won't even be the highest single day total.

Republican voters are screaming at Democratic Governors to end the lockdowns, while apparently being completely fine with Mitch intentionally not providing relief to the same businesses they say Dem Govs are killing.

This country is a fucking pile of ****. This is a failure on every level.
    Every. Single. Word. Every. Single. Syllable.

All of this is the miserable fucking truth.

IT seems the main reason people got upset about 9/11 and not the deathtoll of Covid-19 is that the attackers being 9/11 are all foreign non-white people. When WASPs commit to murderous policies with a death toll in the 6 figures, and triple the 9/11 body count every week...nobody bats an eye.

Yeah, the darkies did 9/11. So we still take our shoes off to get on airplanes 20 years later.

Won't wear a mask, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Which reminds me, The democrats lost with jaime harrison because he ran one of the worst campaigns ever seen (Accordingto the people who live there)
    . Jamie Harrison worked for John Podesta's lobbying firm with companies like Walmart and Wells Fargo. He was also a Clyburn staffer forever. He was hand picked because the Demorcats in power wanted him.

I literally had NO idea what his political positions were other than getting rid of Lindsey Graham. 100 million dollars wasted on a party connected lobbyist.
    According to my family, he ran a great campaign. But SC is deep, deep Red and they aren't voting for a Dem, no matter what the GOP candidate does. They still talk about losing the Civil War there.

Harrison did just about the same as Biden in that State.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-03-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    According to my family, he ran a great campaign. But SC is deep, deep Red and they aren't voting for a Dem, no matter what the GOP candidate does. They still talk about losing the Civil War there.

Harrison did just about the same as Biden in that State.
    Civil War began at Fort Sumter in South Carolina. Some folk in SC refuse to celebrate Lincoln's birthday. The GOP don’t name their annual official fundraising party "Lincoln Day" in South Carolina.

Lindsey Graham joked "We don’t do Lincoln Day Dinners in South Carolina. It’s nothing personal, but it takes a while to get over things," referencing the fact that Lincoln's election led to the secession of South Carolina

Lincoln Day is the primary annual celebration and fundraising event of the GOP in some states.

BANNED

At the end of the day, Jaime Harrison's campaign in SC had him scoring 1,110,828 votes or 44.2% against Lindsey's 54%.

Dem candidates ran major GOP candidates in a deep red state on a margin no GOP can run against a major Dem in a blue state. That shows the strength of the Dems and not their weakness in my view.

Harrison made Graham, a longtime senator for SC sweat and beg his way to victory. And even then Graham's victory came because of RBG's death and seating Barrett not through any action of his.

The GOP relies on FL and TX for its major electoral base and Biden won more votes in both states than Trump did in 2016, while Trump boasts no big improvement in blue bastions like NY and CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm not denying that the Clinton Campaign made huge mistakes. However, they might have made fewer of them if the person they were running against was someone they understood. Someone like like Ted Cruz, or John Kasich, or Marco Rubio, or Jeb Bush.
    If you go into any election going on the assumption that you have a given amount of "Huge..." mistakes that you can make and still win?

You are a complete and total blockhead who should never open your mouth about politics again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The introspection was there, but often not played out in public. I suspect that the Biden Campaign learned some things from Cinton's mistakes, just enough to beat Trump [with help, of course].
    The seats Democrats just lost in Congress tend to suggest otherwise.