Page 925 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 425825875915921922923924925926927928929935975102514251925 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 75153

Looking at replies to political posts on Twitter and Facebook can be a horrifying experience, but there’s something I’ve noticed about the way right wing people perceive democrats. They see democrats and liberals as incompetent weak morons who cant govern and somehow also diabolical geniuses who are responsible for everything bad. It’s Schrödinger's Democrat!!!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So now Trump supporters believe that Biden will make gas $8+ dollars a gallon. Having to explain that President's do not control price of gas and that oil from OPEC/Demand is what drives fuel prices etc. That back years ago when GW Bush was President fuel prices were $4-5 dollars a gallon and no one blamed Bush for it. But fully expect this to start popping up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So now Trump supporters believe that Biden will make gas $8+ dollars a gallon. Having to explain that President's do not control price of gas and that oil from OPEC/Demand is what drives fuel prices etc. That back years ago when GW Bush was President fuel prices were $4-5 dollars a gallon and no one blamed Bush for it. But fully expect this to start popping up.
    Of course. But when it doesn't happen, I wonder how they'll react.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Of course. But when it doesn't happen, I wonder how they'll react.
    Same way they reacted when Obama didn't take their guns, and didn't turn the US into the Soviet Union, they dismissed facts and said he would have done it if he were able.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It was a self inflicted wound from the debate. He got lured into an obvious trap and bungled his response. I said then it was the big mistake he made the whole night. It plays directly into fears that Democrats hate the Oil industry and are out to get it. Its right next to the "they want to take all our guns" fears. It was a huge mistake because it puts downballot Democrats in these tight state races on the defensive for no reason.

Texas for example every downballot Democrat I guarantee had to grimace and start preparing to fight the negative attack ads that they were coming for the millions of oil industry related jobs. Nevermind the fact that the industry has been in a slump for many years predating Trump. But he has made it worse. Especially with his poor handling of the Coronavirus. Pushing almost all drillers into bankruptcy. We have had lay off after layoff this year at accelerated paces because the effect of covid and quarantines worldwide have had on doing business.

Biden camp has been walking back and "explaining" what he said ever since. So on top of the voter suppression and intimidation the GOP has ramped up in these tight races. On top of the insane conspiracy theories they run ads on all day everyday. These tight races now have to go back and combat the line of attack the Dems are coming for your Oil jobs day after the election.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It was a self inflicted wound from the debate. He got lured into an obvious trap and bungled his response. I said then it was the big mistake he made the whole night. It plays directly into fears that Democrats hate the Oil industry and are out to get it. Its right next to the "they want to take all our guns" fears. It was a huge mistake because it puts downballot Democrats in these tight state races on the defensive for no reason.

Texas for example every downballot Democrat I guarantee had to grimace and start preparing to fight the negative attack ads that they were coming for the millions of oil industry related jobs. Nevermind the fact that the industry has been in a slump for many years predating Trump. But he has made it worse. Especially with his poor handling of the Coronavirus. Pushing almost all drillers into bankruptcy. We have had lay off after layoff this year at accelerated paces because the effect of covid and quarantines worldwide have had on doing business.

Biden camp has been walking back and "explaining" what he said ever since. So on top of the voter suppression and intimidation the GOP has ramped up in these tight races. On top of the insane conspiracy theories they run ads on all day everyday. These tight races now have to go back and combat the line of attack the Dems are coming for your Oil jobs day after the election.
    I've heard that argument before on Spacebattles but it's also been countered with the South having an increased desire to move towards Renewables anyway.

Not so cut and dry in Texas
    Texas Produced More Energy from Renewable Sources Than Coal Last Year

Like everything else, Trump lives in the 50s
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Epic Rap Battles covers Trump VS Biden.

Favorite line "Sometimes I can't tell for which side you're rootin'. When we go high, you down on Putin."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I've heard that argument before on Spacebattles but it's also been countered with the South having an increased desire to move towards Renewables anyway.
    The point is how he phrased it. And how it will be used in attack ads. It forces the candidates to come back and rephrase it or explain away th free hyperbolic responses.

To sell climate change and moving to more responsible renewable energy. You have to balance the science with the plans to transition the millions who depend on the jobs they already have in the energy sector .

They are already inherently leaning GOP because of their tendency towards deregulation for example. But that isn't to say there aren't votes there for democrats. Specifically minorities. They might not vote for trump. But if they don't feel like their jobs are valued or will be protected they might not vote at all.

I'm not saying that the record turnout will be effected much by the comment. But I think it does blunt the close state races. Texas democrats would like to be to flip more seats get some relief from the gop blockades here in state government. We didn't need these small unforced errors making it harder.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-24-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The point is how he phrased it. And how it will be used in attack ads. It forces the candidates to come back and rephrase it or explain away th free hyperbolic responses.

To sell climate change and moving to more responsible renewable energy. You have to balance the science with the plans to transition the millions who depend on the jobs they already have in the energy sector .

They are already inherently leaning GOP because of their tendency towards deregulation for example. But that isn't to say there aren't votes there for democrats. Specifically minorities. They might not vote for trump. But if they don't feel like their jobs are valued or will be protected they might not vote at all.

I'm not saying that the record turnout will be effected much by the comment. But I think it does blunt the close state races. Texas democrats would like to be to flip more seats get some relief from the gop blockades here in state government. We didn't need these small unforced errors making it harder.
    I guess we'll have to see. Most have already made up their minds.

I like how every perceived minor gaff loses Biden millions of votes, but Trump can say whatever idiotic, dreadful, untrue thing he wants and no one talks about it hurting him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like how every perceived minor gaff loses Biden millions of votes, but Trump can say whatever idiotic, dreadful, untrue thing he wants and no one talks about it hurting him.
    Yeah, let's be honest. People already made up their minds.

Yeah, let's be honest. People already made up their minds.
    True. A few undecideds, but probably not enough to make a difference. The question now is who will vote, who will be allowed to vote and who will count them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    True. A few undecideds, but probably not enough to make a difference. The question now is who will vote, who will be allowed to vote and who will count them?
    I honestly don't believe there's a single person undecided between Trump and Biden, just undecided between not bothering to vote and one of the candidates.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I honestly don't believe there's a single person undecided between Trump and Biden, just undecided between not bothering to vote and one of the candidates.
    I think most of the undecideds lean GOP, but can't bring themselves to vote of Trump.