Page 86 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 75153
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am happy about how protective you guys are of the dignity of African-American Donald Trump supporters.
    What dignity is there to protect them? I literally called out one of them who used to post here as one of the stupidest posters I ever met.

The thing I always keep saying is while African-Americans are historically inclined to vote conservative, what exactly is there motivation for them to gain from supporting Republicans? The Southern Strategy Barry Goldwater implemented resulted in all the Southern Democrats who helped keep Jim Crow laws in place transition to the Republican Party as the Democratic Party moved further into the liberal/moderate shift. Meanwhile, history revisionists like Dinesh D'Souza keep arguing Democrats have always been the party of racists and bigots, going back to the first Democratic president (Andrew Jackson, a fervent right-winger who carried on the ticket for being a war hero and resulted in some of the worst policies enacted during his reign), ignoring the gradual transition of party lines around the beginning of the 20th century. The Democratic Party of the 1930s was nowhere the same as the party of the 1830s (unless you lived in the South and legit believed in racist policies and theology, hence the term "Southern Democrat").

A good portion of today's Republicans argue for nationalistic policies that seem to want to hearken back to a time period where white men held all the influence, and that's what baffles me when I see people that aren't white men agreeing with it. Why would you support policies that are clearly designed to make you worse off?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Yes, passing a fiscally unsustainable law that reduced choice and was going to bankrupt the country was going to be great for everyone. Promise kept.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Maybe if Republicans cared about getting people healthcare, or the system wasn't designed to punish the people who use it, things might be different.

Hell, trying to reach a middle ground, Obama used a system that was created by Republicans and still they railed against it
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 05-22-2020 at 12:48 PM.

I have to ask, what has Biden done in his decades in Washington that make him worthy of your vote? Voting for the 90's crime bill?

I get people don't like Trump because he runs his mouth too much, I really do, but even if you don't want to give him full credit for some of the things he's accomplished in his first term inn regards to minorities you have to see it is still FAR more than Biden has ever done.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...black-colleges

Permanently funded hsitorically minority colleges - Did Obama/Biden do that?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...black-colleges

Lowest unemployment rate in history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b05_story.html

Criminal Justice reform

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-military/

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2...omplete-chart/

Pay increase for the military - which has a larger percentage of minorities than the general population

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...alth-care-law/

Along the same line, he gave veterans more choices in health care specifically to seek private health care when necessary.

You can dislike the man, you can hate what he tweets, but he has accomplished things for minorities - and he's only been there for 3 years, not 47.
    I don't have time to debunk everything since I am about to leave home for a couple of days to visit my parents, and linking is terrible on my tablet.

But the 1994 crime bill had heavy support from black community leaders. Trying to frame it as intentionally horrible is disingenuous at best, and veers very close to a lie by omission.

His 'lowest unemployment rate in history' is claiming to win a race when he started inches from the finish line, or are you forgetting that the economy was near historic employment levels before Trump took office? Much like Trump's charity, it's really just him trying to take credit for what others have done.

And we can balance Trump's criminal justice reform with the removal of consent decrees on police departments that had a history of racial injustice, his judges doing what they can to insulate police departments from oversight and consequences - and that's just what happens to black Americans.

I'm sure someone else with more time can come up with links, and answer the rest. I don't think Trump will come out looking good.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump deems churches ‘essential,’ calls for them to reopen

Last I checked, coronavirus is still very much around while there’s no vaccine, and churches, chock full of parishioners make for ideal petri dishes. Despite all that, Drano Don wants churches reopened to up the COVID numbers which he’s proud of, because that’s exactly what’s going to happen. But, please, tell me again how Trump cares for the American people, including minorities who could well be affected most.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

If you've done all that and have come to a conclusion, then cast your vote with pride. everyone has different priorities about what is important to them and even how they judge the success/failure of one candidate over another. I just believe it should be based on proven facts and accomplishments, not simply emotion.
    You should be telling that to Donny.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At least Biden owned up to his blunder. Trump would’ve doubled down and made things worse.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

New study indicates Trump and Bolsonaro may be mass murderers:

Seriously ill Covid-19 patients who were treated with hydroxy*********** and *********** were more likely to die or develop dangerous heart arrhythmias, according to a large observational study published Friday in the medical journal The Lancet.

Researchers analyzed data from more than 96,000 patients with confirmed Covid-19 from 671 hospitals. All were hospitalized from late December to mid-April, and had died or been discharged by April 21.

Just below 15,000 patients were treated with the antimalarial drugs hydroxy*********** or ***********, or one of those drugs combined with an antibiotic.

All four of those treatments were linked with a higher risk of dying in the hospital. About 1 in 11 patients in the control group died in the hospital. About 1 in 6 patients treated with *********** or hydroxy*********** alone died in the hospital. About 1 in 5 treated with *********** and an antibiotic died and almost 1 in 4 treated with hydroxy*********** and an antibiotic died.

Researchers also found that serious cardiac arrhythmias were more common among patients receiving any of the four treatments. The largest increase was among the group treated with hydroxy*********** and an antibiotic; 8% of those patients developed a heart arrhythmia, compared with 0.3% of patients in the control group.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At least Biden owned up to his blunder. Trump would’ve doubled down and made things worse.
    The usual 'He didn't say that, didn't mean that, was joking it doesn't matter' is what we'd get from his supporter too

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I don't have time to debunk everything since I am about to leave home for a couple of days to visit my parents, and linking is terrible on my tablet.

But the 1994 crime bill had heavy support from black community leaders. Trying to frame it as intentionally horrible is disingenuous at best, and veers very close to a lie by omission.

His 'lowest unemployment rate in history' is claiming to win a race when he started inches from the finish line, or are you forgetting that the economy was near historic employment levels before Trump took office? Much like Trump's charity, it's really just him trying to take credit for what others have done.

And we can balance Trump's criminal justice reform with the removal of consent decrees on police departments that had a history of racial injustice, his judges doing what they can to insulate police departments from oversight and consequences - and that's just what happens to black Americans.

I'm sure someone else with more time can come up with links, and answer the rest. I don't think Trump will come out looking good.
    No point in that, I have seen this cherry picking game before. They never own up to what Trump has really done.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Arguing against a drive by trumper is a wasted effort.

44% of Republicans think Bill Gates wants to use coronavirus vaccine to microchip them: poll

Hold onto your tin foil hats.

A poll taken this week found 44% of Republicans think Bill Gates is working on a coronavirus vaccine because he wants to plant a microchip in them and monitor their movements. Just guess where many of those people get their news.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

I saw this earlier today. I wonder of this belief comes from the Bible.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Arguing against a drive by trumper is a wasted effort.
    Yeah, I feel silly now. I didn't check the past posts before posting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I saw this earlier today. I wonder of this belief comes from the Bible.
    It's from Skynet 2:14 I believe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Yeah, I feel silly now. I didn't check the past posts before posting myself.
    Tough to argue when facts aren't on your side. Always easy to ignore rather than engage. Can't say I'm surprised, but still a bit disappointed so many take that stance.