Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nope. As I've said numerous times, this all part of my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that red states are intentionally letting virus cases rage, then blame Biden and Democrats for the chaos.
    Is it possible to stoke their manufactured outrage in their legions of dead voters?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I will admit I watch Fox news at times. I watch all the news networks at different points in the day. Cnn, NBC, ABC, and yes Fox. One show I was watching this morning was Faulkner Focus. She put the blame on the spread of Covid on the Brown Community (its not racist I guess because she is also brown.) The vaccine was a Trump vaccine and a large number Trump supporters and the Republicans have taken it. They have always been excited to take it while the brown community has very low numbers, lower then the Republicans who have taken it. Yet for some reason the GOP is getting the blame.

Also she could not shut up about what a great idea Chip Roy has about making companies that take bailout and coivd relief funds pay them all back if they fire a worker for not getting the vaccine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will admit I watch Fox news at times. I watch all the news networks at different points in the day. Cnn, NBC, ABC, and yes Fox. One show I was watching this morning was Faulkner Focus. She put the blame on the spread of Covid on the Brown Community (its not racist I guess because she is also brown.) The vaccine was a Trump vaccine and a large number Trump supporters and the Republicans have taken it. They have always been excited to take it while the brown community has very low numbers, lower then the Republicans who have taken it. Yet for some reason the GOP is getting the blame.

Also she could not shut up about what a great idea Chip Roy has about making companies that take bailout and coivd relief funds pay them all back if they fire a worker for not getting the vaccine.
    They are blaming migrants coming in from the Mexican border, even though there is no data backing up their theory.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They are blaming migrants coming in from the Mexican border, even though there is no data backing up their theory.
    Which is also funny in itself. because of the Republicans are bitching that as Biden lets them in the country he is giving them the vaccine that could go to Real Americans yet at the same time are blaming them for the spread. Which is it? Are they vaccinated because Biden cares more about them then Americans? or are they spreading it and killing Americans?

But she was also putting blame on black Americans because she said brown people like herself.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Is it possible to stoke their manufactured outrage in their legions of dead voters?
    In the dead? No. But live voters still brainwashed by Faux News and Qpublicans? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Umm, I'm confused. Because the vaccine was being developed while Trump was in office, that made it the Trump Vaccine, so Trumpanzees and Qpublicans were anxious to take it. But, once The Former Guy left and Biden took over, it became the Biden Vaccine and right wing/conservative idiots who hadn't gotten the shot now treat it like, pardon the pun, the plague, thus the uptick in virus numbers blamed on the GQP. Was that what that harridan was trying to get across, or did I read that wrong? Please advise.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-12-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In the dead? No. But live voters still brainwashed by Faux News and Qpublicans? Absolutely.

Umm, I'm confused. Because the vaccine was being developed while Trump was in office, that made it the Trump Vaccine, so Trumpanzees and Qpublicans were anxious to take it. But, once The Former Guy left and Biden took over, it became the Biden Vaccine and right wing/conservative idiots who hadn't gotten the shot now treat it like, pardon the pun, the plague, thus the uptick in virus numbers blamed on the GQP. Was that what that harridan was trying to get across, or did I read that wrong? Please advise.
    She was trying to make a point at how the rise in covid numbers that happened were not the fault of the GOP because it was a Trumo vaccine and pretty much every Republican was excited to talk it and taken about how most GOP supporters and Trump supporters have had the shot. So the fact the the numbers went up and were being falsely blamed on the GOP who for some reason have been painted as anti vax is just not true.

One thing I don't get. If they don't want to take the vaccine, and they don't want vaccine mandates, why do they care if immigrants take the vaccine? Is it a similar concept to them being upset about immigrants taking jobs that Americans don't want?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    One thing I don't get. If they don't want to take the vaccine, and they don't want vaccine mandates, why do they care if immigrants take the vaccine? Is it a similar concept to them being upset about immigrants taking jobs that Americans don't want?
    Its the blame game. We want it but cant get it because the immigrants. Or it is the We dont want it but we will be damned if anyone else gets it. Even more so if they are not real Americans.

But the GOP talking heads cant decide what story to tell. The immigrants are getting all the vaccines, or the Immigrants are spreading covid and making it worse. But they sad thing is the GOP cult will beleive whatever version of the story Fox decides to tell that hour. I have seen Republicans I know change their minds on the matter 5 times in 3 days,

Now the only GOP I interact with personally are my aunt and a couple of her nutjob cult friends and 2 friends of mine that I know but the story they have been kicking around and I dont know how this is with other GOP cult members is this.

It started with immigrants taking all of our vaccines. Then it changed to the immigrants are spreading covid and that is why the numbers are so high. And when asked about how both can be true it turned into Biden is giving them fake shots to gain support and they are still spreading covid. Then I asked why there is still such massive bitching on Fox news and such about the immigrants getting our vaccines is it is a fake shot why not expose Biden? No answer to that other then I dont understand what they are saying or I am twisting the facts.

Nope. As I've said numerous times, this all part of my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory that red states are intentionally letting virus cases rage, then blame Biden and Democrats for the chaos. By the way, I find it rather ironic that Abbott railed against "federal overreach" after he signed a bill putting the country's most restrictive anti-abortion bill into law in Texas. I guess that severely limiting a woman's right to choose isn't overreach and a vaccine mandate that would help save lives is. Madness.
    I saw a picture of a sign on Instagram today that sums it up nicely: "In Texas, the virus has more rights than women."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Do they not understand there is so only so much he can do?

And part of that is clearing out folks in Congress and even in other offices who keep getting in the way?

The man has been in office for now 10 months. What were they expecting?

That parts bugs me as well. It's like the expected voting rights, police reform, human infrastructure- all of it on day one, and when they didn't get it, they got pissy. So Democrats will probably take a hit in the midterms, Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate, and then NOTHING will get done at all- and Biden will still get the blame.

Something I saw, maybe on Maddow, last night- most people don't realize that Biden was the one who got them the child tax credit. Because of timing, it came about around the same time Afghanistan imploded, and news of the credit got lost in the shuffle. So the Democrats did this great thing that helped lift thousands of kids out of poverty, and people don't realize it because they never got the message out.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I’m not sure how Biden is responsible for not stopping the voting restrictions passed by the Georgia legislature. The Republican representatives pushing that legislation are in a position to do so because Democrats in that state were content to stay home when those people were elected. Now it’s somehow Biden’s fault?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I saw a picture of a sign on Instagram today that sums it up nicely: "In Texas, the virus has more rights than women."

That parts bugs me as well. It's like the expected voting rights, police reform, human infrastructure- all of it on day one, and when they didn't get it, they got pissy. So Democrats will probably take a hit in the midterms, Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate, and then NOTHING will get done at all- and Biden will still get the blame.

Something I saw, maybe on Maddow, last night- most people don't realize that Biden was the one who got them the child tax credit. Because of timing, it came about around the same time Afghanistan imploded, and news of the credit got lost in the shuffle. So the Democrats did this great thing that helped lift thousands of kids out of poverty, and people don't realize it because they never got the message out.
    The lesson is that sitting on our hands isn’t an option if we want lasting change. The opposition is relentless and it must be won and maintained by staying engaged.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

They have fewer and fewer live voters each day because of the virus. Don't make much sense to blame the Biden Administration for the spread of the plague (though I agree with you that that's how they'll twist it come election season) when they're the ones allowing their own herd to be thinned out. They are literally enacting a slow, half-assed Jonestown massacre of their entire party.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

They have fewer and fewer live voters each day because of the virus. Don't make much sense to blame the Biden Administration for the spread of the plague (though I agree with you that that's how they'll twist it come election season) when they're the ones allowing their own herd to be thinned out. They are literally enacting a slow, half-assed Jonestown massacre of their entire party.
    I believe Republican governors care more about COVIDs effects on their states economies and the impact on the business interests of their wealthy investors than they do their constituents no matter what party they belong to. If they see a significant backlash in their poll numbers among Republicans in their states they may be inclined towards restrictions, but for now, the anti-Democrat outrage they’re able to stir up seems to offset the negative press.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

All too true, no denying that. However, between gerrymandering and near relentless voter suppression efforts in red states, the GQP figures they can absorb a certain number of losses among their voters and still win elections. Cruel? Heartless? Immoral? You betcha, but that's how the Party of Death operates these days.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!