Page 513 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1341346350350951051151251351451551651752356361310131513 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Kamala Harris did NOT accuse Biden of being a racist. Why is this bs still being talked about as if it were true? Even Neil Cavuto had to correct that on Fox News and point it out.

Fox News Host Neil Cavuto Corrects Trump Campaign: Kamala Harris Never Called Biden ‘Racist’

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When Trump's gone, I wonder if they're gonna act like the GOP did with Bush Jr, pretend that he was never there
    I'm sure they'd like to, but the internet is forever. It's no longer possible to erase or rewrite history.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm sure they'd like to, but the internet is forever. It's no longer possible to erase or rewrite history.
    The 'net existed when Junior was president, that's still not prevented them from acting like he and his never existed.

‘This is no longer a debate’: Florida sheriff bans deputies, visitors from wearing masks

On Tuesday, as Florida set a daily record for covid-19 deaths, Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods prohibited his deputies from wearing masks at work. His order, which also applies to visitors to the sheriff’s office, carves out an exception for officers in some locations, including hospitals, and when dealing with people who are high-risk or suspected of having the novel coronavirus.

In an email to the sheriff’s department shared with The Washington Post, Woods disputed the idea that masks are a consensus approach to battling the pandemic.

“We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t,” Woods wrote in the email, which was first reported by the Ocala Star-Banner.

A majority of epidemiologists and other health experts say face masks and social distancing are key to slowing the spread of the novel coronavirus, which has ravaged Florida. The state, which has recorded more than 542,000 cases and more than 8,600 deaths, added 277 more deaths on Tuesday; Marion County also set a record for daily deaths on Tuesday, with 13.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Two points

1. This flies in the face of the narrative here that “progressives will go along and defend everything Bernie dies”. It wasn’t about him being a deity to them. He was just pushing their ideals the most and now he’s useless.

2. Warren has a very moderate following for a progressive
    Yeah.

I can understand why someone outside of the Progressive movement might view Bernie as "cult leader" with complete control over his base, but I've never seen it that way and I don't think it's ever been true.
    Which actually leads to more frustration from the DNC, because he's not able to get the base to tow the party line as effectively as they'd like.

I think that Warren having a moderate following is ultimately good for the Progressive movement, because it makes progressive ideas and goals more mainstream and less 'radical' to the public.

Hm.

Ultimately, I'm kinda glad some Progressives are upset, and not from a gloating sense.
    I've got a lot of sympathy for the [Progressive] Devil, because they're in a tough place.
    But I've no idea how they should mobilize their current frustration.

Both Parties work pretty hard to maintain their effective duopoly because they don't want to get Perot'ed or Nader'ed.
    The DNC's base is largely Liberal, which relegates Progressive goals to 'nice to haves'.
    Not to mention many Liberals will often condescend with lectures about compromise, when liberal views and candidates will undeniably be well-represented.
    (Maybe they won't get Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke with a lemon twist, but they'll get a Cherry Vanilla Coke.)

And if the lectures don't assuage the protestations, then comes the anger and accusations of 'aiding the enemy'.

So what should Progressives do?
    Try to topple the Two-Party system through sheer-numbers by abandoning the DNC and making a Third Party competitive?
    Or take the DNC and slowly move it even more leftward, kicking and screaming the entire way?

I have no idea.
    I know that Trump must fall, and that Biden/Harris is the best way to do it.
    But that doesn't offer a solution to the underlying Progressive dilemma.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 08-12-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Yeah.

I can understand why someone outside of the Progressive movement might view Bernie as "cult leader" with complete control over his base, but I've never seen it that way and I don't think it's ever been true.
    Which actually leads to more frustration from the DNC, because he's not able to get the base to tow the party line as effectively as they'd like.

I think that Warren having a moderate following is ultimately good for the Progressive movement, because it makes progressive ideas and goals more mainstream and less 'radical' to the public.

Hm.

Ultimately, I'm kinda glad some Progressives are upset, and not from a gloating sense.
    I've got a lot of sympathy for the [Progressive] Devil, because they're in a tough place.

Both Parties work pretty hard to maintain their effective duopoly because they don't want to get Perot'ed or Nader'ed.
    The DNC's base is largely Liberal, which relegates Progressive goals to 'nice to haves'.
    Not to mention many Liberals will often condescend with lectures about compromise, when liberal views and candidates will undeniably be well-represented.
    (Maybe they won't get Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke with a lemon twist, but they'll get a Cherry Vanilla Coke.)

And if the lectures don't assuage the protestations, then comes the anger and accusations of 'aiding the enemy'.

Try to topple the Two-Party system through sheer-numbers by abandoning the DNC and making a Third Party competitive?
    Or take the DNC and slowly move it even more leftward, kicking and screaming the entire way?

I have no idea.
    Bernie isn't a cult leader but Bernie Bros treat him like a cult of personality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Yeah.

Hm.

I have no idea.
    More and more progressives are winning primaries, I would just go that route. Suffocate them inside

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Bernie isn't a cult leader but Bernie Bros treat him like a cult of personality.
    They really don’t. They are all pissed at him. Most of you just like believing what is most convenient to think. They were always loyal to the policies more than any candidate

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Look at it this way: If Biden wins, I’m sure he’d listen to and welcome ideas from Progressives, that would, at the very least, be a foot in the door, and who knows what would happen from there. But, if Trump wins, Progressives would be screwed, plain and simple, he wouldn’t give them the time of day if he stood in front of Big Ben. The choice is just that simple.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Sanders may have encouraged it to help him with his campaigns, and for other reasons, but I'm sure he didn't ask for it, expect it, or even want it. No one who has any amount of common sense wants to be placed upon that pedestal, they know how precarious and dangerous it can be. Love turns to hate so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Look at it this way: If Biden wins, I’m sure he’d listen to and welcome ideas from Progressives, that would, at the very least, be a foot in the door, and who knows what would happen from there. But, if Trump wins, Progressives would be screwed, plain and simple, he wouldn’t give them the time of day if he stood in front of Big Ben. The choice is just that simple.
    I disagree. What is unfolding shows we're all screwed. They let a pandemic unfold because they thought it would affect the blue states... but it's killing everybody.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BREAKING: Ohio's Republican Secretary of State issued a new directive prohibiting boards of elections "from installing a drop box at any other location other than the board of elections."

Media will have to find a new @GOP election official to fawn over in "both-sides" coverage.
    Twitter Link

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    By the time they get their asses handed to them in court, the election will be over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium