Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I think it's some absurd & childish game that they've chosen to play. Liberals were blaming Trump for so many problems because he kept inserting himself into situations he had no business getting involved in via Twitter/Faux News/Etc goading him into it and so when it inevitably went south he got some of the blame.
    This is a common tactic -- which is why they provoke conflict at places like libraries, schools and drag shows and on message board forums.

Then claim they are the ones under attack because they know being honest about their motivations wouldn't garner broad political support.

The only change is that under Trump they have resorted to more overt criminal behavior.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-06-2023 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    With all due respect, you're doing a bit of a broken record repeating the same talking points to Mets over and over and over again
    True, but talk about repeating...this quote should just be put in this guy's signature:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you are curious about my views on a topic, you could politely ask me a non-loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    True, but talk about repeating...this quote should just be put in this guy's signature:
    It seems to me that a person shouldn't criticize someone for not addressing a topic if they're not willing to ask a polite non-loaded question. We shouldn't have ad hominems in the first place, but if that's how someone wants to engage in political discussion, they should get to the point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    When you deal with someone who's a broken record, sometimes you need to be a broken record. "That's a loaded question" after asking loaded questions, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Principles that only apply when you are speaking about Democrats as you ignore when Republicans consistently behave in an unprincipled manner.
    I've criticized Republicans numerous times, and have discussed when I would prefer the Democrat win, including in the most recent presidential election.

I am much less partisan than the typical poster here.

You’re lying -- again.

Projection and lies because you know the issue at hand is Republican behavior you can’t defend.

No one here needs to “act” like anything -- including a Democratic spokesperson.

Your opinion is not requested nor needed to address Republican racism, fascism or sexism.

To the contrary it is expected that you won’t do so as you support said racist, fascist behavior.

Your party’s leading candidate is a white nationalist who attempted to overthrow our democracy.

Even a completely neutral individual would see such an attack on our democracy as a serious non-partisan issue.

You lie about this being about Democrats because you can’t defend Republican behavior.

These continued lies only further prove your bias as you wouldn’t have to lie about others if you could defend racism, sexism, homophobia, corruption, and fascism -- it's clear as day that your goal is deflection, offensive that you would turn a blind eye to bigots, and insulting that you think others don't notice.

Apparently that is easier than simply admitting the truth -- that you support an openly homophobic, racist, fascist political party.
    I'm not lying.

It seems to me that you go after people who go off-message and criticize Democrats. In those situations, you go with ad hominems rather than addressing the substance of the complaint, because it seems that what matters is whether someone's on the right side.

If you disagree with numberthirty on policy, have that discussion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm not lying.
    You are lying -- I don't require anyone to be a Democratic spokesman.

One does not have to be a Democrat to speak out against bigotry -- one just has to be against bigotry.

If you support the Republican party you support a party whose primary candidates endorse racist, homophobic, fascist policies.

You are trying to make this personal because you can't defend when others factually point out the behaviors you support.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    When you deal with someone who's a broken record, sometimes you need to be a broken record. "That's a loaded question" after asking loaded questions, and so on.
    On more "conservative" sites this is when they usually resort to slurs instead.

Every single deflection is an opportunity to address the issues raised -- and a choice not to do so.

The dialogue adds context to the videos -- watching someone try to claim neo-Nazi's don't represent the Trump wing of the party while replying to a video of a neo-Nazi being sentenced to 22 years for supporting Trump's insurrection is as sublime as it is damning.

They are the literal front-line and very core of his movement -- Stephen Miller would be proud.

No denial of Trump or DeSantis' white nationalist behavior -- just attacks on those who point it out.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-06-2023 at 07:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

Maybe a t-shirt will be more convincing.

-----

"President Trump refused to condemn the radical far-right group, The Proud Boys, known for endorsing violence at protests. Trump was asked by debate moderator and Fox News journalist Chris Wallace if he was willing to denounce white supremacists, and former Vice President Joe Biden specifically named that group. Trump went on to say, “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

Members of the self-described, “pro-Western fraternal organization for men,” have started printing the phrase on t-shirts."

Invincible Member

Ann Coulter and Donald Trump are feuding on social media right now!!

Meanwhile, Elon is going increasingly anti-semitic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The Russians haven't just compromised this asshole, they've compromised the entire Asshole Party of the USA, aka Republicans.

Trump owes Putin.

Supporting Republicans and ignoring the face-eating leopards is not a sign of wisdom.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-06-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's time for them to fight backstage like CM Punk and Jack.Perry. 1 or both get to leave the Republican party now !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You are lying -- I don't require anyone to be a Democratic spokesman.

One does not have to be a Democrat to speak out against bigotry -- one just has to be against bigotry.

If you support the Republican party you support a party whose primary candidates endorse racist, homophobic, fascist policies.

You are trying to make this personal because you can't defend when others factually point out the behaviors you support.

On more "conservative" sites this is when they usually resort to slurs instead.

Every single deflection is an opportunity to address the issues raised -- and a choice not to do so.

The dialogue adds context to the videos -- watching someone try to claim neo-Nazi's don't represent the Trump wing of the party while replying to a video of a neo-Nazi being sentenced to 22 years for supporting Trump's insurrection is as sublime as it is damning.

They are the literal front-line and very core of his movement -- Stephen Miller would be proud.

No denial of Trump or DeSantis' white nationalist behavior -- just attacks on those who point it out.
    When someone brings up how they didn't vote for Trump to prove they are less-biased, yet doesn't bring up how they would be fine voting for people who are trying to be Trump (DeSantis), how they've claimed that the problem with Trump wasn't the substance, or how they assume sinister motives in regards to lefties from Teachers to Authorities debating invoking the 14th Amendment without evidence . . . it really shows they aren't debating in good faith. It's a combination of many things you've brought up and a few others: Projection, Avoidance, a refusal to accept evidence of what they're supporting, and a denial of basic empathy cloaked as 'pragmatic logic' in regards to oppression against LGBT/Minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It's time for them to fight backstage like CM Punk and Jack.Perry. 1 or both get to leave the Republican party now !
    Can we get Mick Foley to guest referee?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, Elon is going increasingly anti-semitic.
    To the surprise of few.

They'll be singing the black national anthem before the Lions @ Chiefs game.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I used to think Musk was inadvertently aiming for Mads Mikkelsen to play his villain life, but if he keeps this up long enough while rich enough and losing his hair about it, an Austin Powers Doctor Evil adaptation would still be game as far as I can see. No matter if he can pay to graft a mammoth mane to his head by then.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Mar-a-Lago IT worker Yuscil Taveras flipped on Donald Trump and has agreed to testify against him in the classified documents case.

Pretty clear that Jack Smith showed him concrete evidence that would have put him away for perjury. Now he will tell the truth.