Page 392 of 504 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 7552
  1. #5866
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There was no discussion of politics before January 2017. So I assume this thread will wither away.
    Trump did throw his hat into the ring not long after the forum reboot. It must kinda look like everything has always been about him.

  2. #5867
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If Trump loses the next election i'm kinda wondering what you guys are going to talk about.

    You love hating him so much, you are going to feel empty once he's out of office lol.
    Nah; I'll want Biden to do his job & be held accountable. I don't have the raging hate boner over any Democrat that breathes like some Republicans seem to have. Seems like when a Republican president is in office, however, they look the other way and view criticism as anti-American.

  3. #5868
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Really looking forward to bragging about whose hometown is thriving the most and how everything is getting better.

  4. #5869
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Nah; I'll want Biden to do his job & be held accountable. I don't have the raging hate boner over any Democrat that breathes like some Republicans seem to have. Seems like when a Republican president is in office, however, they look the other way and view criticism as anti-American.
    That's a huge difference between Liberals and Conservatives. The left is far more willing to hold everyone accountable regardless of party affiliation. We'll definitely call BS even when a democrat does something wrong. Conservatives will usually look the other way when a Republican breaks the law. Trump has made a mockery of the Judicial system and has resided over the most corrupt administration in US history. Republicans will either ignore, celebrate it (because "we're owning the Libs!"), or play the "what about" game.

  5. #5870
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    21,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Trump did throw his hat into the ring not long after the forum reboot. It must kinda look like everything has always been about him.
    I remember how the politics thread was absolutely insane in 2013, especially during the government shutdown. Back then, Trump was nothing more than a reality show carnival barker who was content to blast Barack Obama on Twitter every chance he got. Even after Trump leaves, there will still be plenty of crooked, villainous and crazy assed Republicans to bitch about here. The GOP in its current incarnation as hopelessly corrupt isn’t going away, if anything, they’ll be searching for the next depraved strongman wannabe like Trump to rally behind for 2024.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-11-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #5871
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I remember how the politics thread was absolutely insane in 2013, especially during the government shutdown. Back then, Trump was nothing more than a reality show carnival barker who was content to blast Barack Obama on Twitter every chance he got. Even after Trump leaves, there will still be plenty of crooked, villainous and crazy assed Republicans to bitch about here. The GOP in its current incarnation as hopelessly corrupt isn’t going away, if anything, they’ll be searching for the next depraved strongman wannabe like Trump to rally behind for 2024.
    I'm morbidly curious to see who they find next. I remember thinking that nothing could get worse than Bush and Cheney. How wrong I was. Maybe David Duke will run again.

  7. #5872
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm morbidly curious to see who they find next. I remember thinking that nothing could get worse than Bush and Cheney. How wrong I was. Maybe David Duke will run again.
    Tucker Carlson, I Ihear that some Republican movers and shakers want him to run in 2024. God only knows why.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #5873
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tucker Carlson, I Ihear that some Republican movers and shakers want him to run in 2024. God only knows why.
    Carlson is a prolific Trump-style demagogue and celebrity - that’s the ethos behind trying to have him be a possible nominee in a post-Trump scenario. The Party is made now for what amounts to a co derivative popularity contest in the primaries, with little to no real policy ideas.

    Carlson is also more erudite than Trump, so it’s entirely possible that current-GOP thought makers think he may actually be an improvement over Trump in communication skills.

    The catch in the comparison is really more about the weird x-factors that Trump enjoys - he had an army of lawyers and yes-men build up a mystique of him as a business genius decades before he ran for office, and his patently false nature has acted as a shield for him in some ways - to many of his supporters, him being a conniving bastard is an attraction, and it allows him to obfuscate on some points where someone else might not be able to.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  9. #5874
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Carlson is a prolific Trump-style demagogue and celebrity - that’s the ethos behind trying to have him be a possible nominee in a post-Trump scenario. The Party is made now for what amounts to a co derivative popularity contest in the primaries, with little to no real policy ideas.

    Carlson is also more erudite than Trump, so it’s entirely possible that current-GOP thought makers think he may actually be an improvement over Trump in communication skills.

    The catch in the comparison is really more about the weird x-factors that Trump enjoys - he had an army of lawyers and yes-men build up a mystique of him as a business genius decades before he ran for office, and his patently false nature has acted as a shield for him in some ways - to many of his supporters, him being a conniving bastard is an attraction, and it allows him to obfuscate on some points where someone else might not be able to.
    He also has a little bit of economic populism to him which might endear him more to moderate voters, especially if we are either in another recession or any recovery leaves too many people behind. He seems to be the only right wing talking head that will occasionally criticize the current "For Teh Wealthy Alone!" policies of the GoP.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  10. #5875
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Carlson is a prolific Trump-style demagogue and celebrity - that’s the ethos behind trying to have him be a possible nominee in a post-Trump scenario. The Party is made now for what amounts to a co derivative popularity contest in the primaries, with little to no real policy ideas.

    Carlson is also more erudite than Trump, so it’s entirely possible that current-GOP thought makers think he may actually be an improvement over Trump in communication skills.

    The catch in the comparison is really more about the weird x-factors that Trump enjoys - he had an army of lawyers and yes-men build up a mystique of him as a business genius decades before he ran for office, and his patently false nature has acted as a shield for him in some ways - to many of his supporters, him being a conniving bastard is an attraction, and it allows him to obfuscate on some points where someone else might not be able to.
    And here I was hoping the White Scammer Party could lifeboat attach themselves to Mitt Romney once sobering up, or is he too RINO pariah?

  11. #5876
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And here I was hoping the White Scammer Party could lifeboat attach themselves to Mitt Romney once sobering up, or is he too RINO pariah?
    Have a look at the trending twitter topic "mittens".

    Might be mostly bots, but he is getting a lot of MAGA hate today.

  12. #5877
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Looks like Democrats really dodged a bullet by not nominating Bernard "Baggage" Sanders:

    'Compassionless': Lawsuit says Bernie Sanders campaign demoted staffer day after cancer surgery

    The former California political director says the campaign that championed workers' rights ignored her complaints of harassment and discrimination.


    The former California political director for Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign says she was demoted a day after undergoing cancer surgery and forced to quit after the campaign ignored her harassment and discrimination complaints.

    In a lawsuit filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Susie Shannon said it was the Sanders' campaign's "outrageous and compassionless conduct" that "resulted in her forced resignation solely because she had the misfortune of being diagnosed with ovarian cancer that required major surgery to treat the disease."

    The campaign then tried to get her to sign a non-disclosure agreement in return for money, the suit says. Shannon's lawyer, Micha Star Liberty, told NBC News the campaign also offered her client two months of health insurance if she signed. Shannon refused.
    Yikes!

    And a reminder:

    Ecpu27LXkAgodg2.jpg

  13. #5878
    Incredible Member The no face guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tucker Carlson, I Ihear that some Republican movers and shakers want him to run in 2024. God only knows why.
    That will never happen, he's too much of a partisan ideologue, a sure fire way to lose an election. He may be good at what he does, but entertainers should stick to entertainment, the United States needs policy makers in government, not news broadcasters, and real estate developers.

  14. #5879
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He also has a little bit of economic populism to him which might endear him more to moderate voters, especially if we are either in another recession or any recovery leaves too many people behind. He seems to be the only right wing talking head that will occasionally criticize the current "For Teh Wealthy Alone!" policies of the GoP.
    The GOP has tried to frame itself as anti-elitist ever since the Reagan days, except that in their version of the world, the elites are the media, academics, celebrities, and the like. Of course, you only have to take one look at Tucker Carlson to see that he's probably not the type of guy that can really connect with salt of the earth, working people, which more than anything else should tell you that Fox News viewers and Republican voters in general are NOT struggling or desperate like they are often painted. Sure, the average liberal probably wouldn't see owning a pool repair company as a particularly dignified station, but people like that can generally afford to live pretty comfortably even if their appearance and mannerisms wouldn't code them as "wealthy" to most people.

  15. #5880
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Looks like Democrats really dodged a bullet by not nominating Bernard "Baggage" Sanders:

    'Compassionless': Lawsuit says Bernie Sanders campaign demoted staffer day after cancer surgery



    Yikes!

    And a reminder:

    Ecpu27LXkAgodg2.jpg
    Can't wait for the "I believe Tara Reade" wing of the Bernie Bros Brigade to ignore this story.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •