1. #17611
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This lady's BS is dangerous. This is no different than shouting "fire" in a theater. Its beyond obvious they don't have a shred of valid evidence. If they did, Trump would be screaming it from the roof tops and going all caps lock on Twitter.

    All this administration is trying to do at this point is start a Civil War.
    To quote that line by Alfred from The Dark Knight: “Some men just want to watch the world burn”. That’s Trump, the GOP and their followers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #17612
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,961

    Default

    Beastie's Cartoons of the Week



    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #17613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While I don't watch the channel (that way lies madness), it's a given that Hamhocks, Fucker and Ignoramus will ride AND die with Trump, ditto with the nutbags on Faux & Fiends, but who's distancing themselves from the Orange Menace?
    I saw Sen. Mitt Romney named in an article as someone who has denounced him, given current events. So, one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    These ignorant motherf***ers politicized the VIRUS and let it get out of control by radicalizing its lemmings to hate masks.

    Now they want to politicize the vaccine?

    F*** off with that, and your politics, Geraldo.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  4. #17614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

    This is the kind of propaganda conservatives spread out that becomes common sense ideas that even non-conservatives absorb even long after they've been disproven.

    First of all, Stagflation is a result of the economic policies undertaken by the government of Richard Nixon, a Republican. .

    As Paul Krugman writes



    Likewise, Thatcher and Reagan did not bring back classical liberalism. What they brought into effect is neoliberalism, that's not the same thing at all as classical liberalism, and in terms of political art and economic era, neoliberalism is specifically the system of the '80s.

    I recommend reading Paul Krugman's Arguments with Zombies among other sources.



    People got the abolition of slavery, universal suffrage, LGBT rights, Social Security. People have gotten what they wanted in politics before, and they will again. Precisely because supposed pragmatic posing hipsters like you were, rightfully, ignored.



    In other words, you. Because right now you are the one pushing for division.



    They won because of the mobilization of the people, activism, and the will of the people. It wasn't Joe Biden who won Arizona and Georgia, or Michigan. It was the large numbers of Navajo, Hispanics, African-Americans and other activists who turned out to vote him in power.



    Are you seriously morally equating the racist-fascist division sparked by Trump to inter-left disputes? Because that's what this rhetoric implies.

    Look it's okay to be skeptical and pragmatic in politics. Contrary to belief, even leftists are like that. It's okay to have doubts about AOC and others. I disagree but I can understand the appeals of incrementalism and so on. It's okay for you to feel that. It's not at all okay however to discourse on history and stuff of which you know nothing about and have that false foundation, that unexamined false foundation, be a valid ground for your opinion.
    I have read all of Paul Krugman's books, and I'm not interested in having this discussion with you again.

    Jeremy Corbyn just handed the labour party one of its biggest historic losses because he was running an 1970's economic platform that resulted in the UK going to the IMF for a hand out in 1976. No one in the UK wants to return to that.

    In a democracy you have to reach across the aisle to unite people from various backgrounds to win, which means compromise. Joe Biden won because he was able to appeal and mobilize the grassroot activists you are talking about. People who whine and cry and promote division in the Democratic Party are only helping the Republicans.

    You do not get into progressive politics for what you want, so you can feel safe and secure, you get into it to improve the community in the long haul. You will never get Bernie Sanders or AOC's progressive tax rate above the 70% because there is not support for it. You can however fight to get it increased from the dismissal 37% to at least 55%

  5. #17615
    Extraordinary Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    F*** off with that, and your politics, Geraldo.
    Why does anyone still talk to Geraldo?

  6. #17616
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I saw Sen. Mitt Romney named in an article as someone who has denounced him, given current events. So, one?



    These ignorant motherf***ers politicized the VIRUS and let it get out of control by radicalizing its lemmings to hate masks.

    Now they want to politicize the vaccine?

    F*** off with that, and your politics, Geraldo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Why does anyone still talk to Geraldo?
    The ACA got the nickname ObamaCare because the GOP thought it was a good insult. Then it became a legacy.

    It is clear that the Trumpers want 45 to have a victory like that.

    Unlike Obama, 45 had virtually nothing to do with the vaccine other than wanting to screw up the distribution of it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #17617
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I have read all of Paul Krugman's books, and I'm not interested in having this discussion with you again.

    Jeremy Corbyn just handed the labour party one of its biggest historic losses because he was running an 1970's economic platform that resulted in the UK going to the IMF for a hand out in 1976. No one in the UK wants to return to that.

    In a democracy you have to reach across the aisle to unite people from various backgrounds to win, which means compromise. Joe Biden won because he was able to appeal and mobilize the grassroot activists you are talking about. People who whine and cry and promote division in the Democratic Party are only helping the Republicans.

    You do not get into progressive politics for what you want, so you can feel safe and secure, you get into it to improve the community in the long haul. You will never get Bernie Sanders or AOC's progressive tax rate above the 70% because there is not support for it. You can however fight to get it increased from the dismissal 37% to at least 55%
    Do something about this, then come back and talk to us about how to run our country.


  8. #17618
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,753

    Default

    According to NPR, Biden considering Merrick Garland, Sally Yates, Deval Patrick, Doug Jones for Attorney General.

    All names that should make Trump sweat.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #17619
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    According to NPR, Biden considering Merrick Garland, Sally Yates, Deval Patrick, Doug Jones for Attorney General.

    All names that should make Trump sweat.
    It probably smells like McDonalds in the White House now, lol

  10. #17620
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    These ignorant motherf***ers politicized the VIRUS and let it get out of control by radicalizing its lemmings to hate masks.

    Now they want to politicize the vaccine?

    F*** off with that, and your politics, Geraldo.
    Let's meet in the middle and name the disease after him.
    I can't come in to work today, I have the Trumping Cough *hakk hakk*

    It's what he deserves. Covid19 has had no better ally in the world than Donald Trump.

  11. #17621
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,753

    Default

    Georgia just took back the announcement that the election results have been certified, and known election cheater Governor Kemp will hold a press conference at 5 pm, which happens to be the certification deadline.

    gulp
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  12. #17622
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Georgia just took back the announcement that the election results have been certified, and known election cheater Governor Kemp will hold a press conference at 5 pm, which happens to be the certification deadline.

    gulp
    Biden doesn't need GA.

    GA goes to Trump ... that senate race goes to the Dems.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #17623
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Georgia just took back the announcement that the election results have been certified, and known election cheater Governor Kemp will hold a press conference at 5 pm, which happens to be the certification deadline.

    gulp
    The good news is that Trump's not going to be able to flip enough to pull Biden under the victory mark, if he flips any at all.

    The bad news is that Trump's game plan is to stain the election to convince voters that the rule of law doesn't work, energize his base with a charge of Biden illegitimacy, and it just might work.

  14. #17624
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Georgia just took back the announcement that the election results have been certified, and known election cheater Governor Kemp will hold a press conference at 5 pm, which happens to be the certification deadline.

    gulp
    Well golly gee ain't that a surprise. But you folks keep talking about Biden admin picks as if that is a certainty that will EVER happen.

  15. #17625
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,797

    Default

    Even if Kemp tries shady shit to try and hand the state to Trump its not like Democrats are gonna stand by and allow it. They will fight this and likely take him into court which won't end well for him as he'll be seen as trying to steal the election in state for Trump. So even if he tries shady shit with his 5pm press conference the news media and Democratic party will go to war against him. They aren't just gonna let him override anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •