Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Advocating violence, based on a flat out LIE told by a mentally unbalanced sociopath too consumed by his bloated ego to ever accept any sort of defeat. Alrighty then. Tell me something, and be honest (if possible), do you REALLY believe all the nonsense you spew? With each new post, you reveal yourself as being just as demented as all the other right wing trolls who shamelessly prostrate themselves at the altar of Donald Trump.
    If you are asking if I have certainty in everything I post then no. I am skeptical. It is not as if our media haven't been telling us half truths. I do think that the election was stolen. Much of my posting has been around the uncertainty that was dismissed. Do I think Trump is any worse than Biden? No. Biden just conducts himself as the elite have done with the propriety they always do to portray authority. Dismantling authority is my greater concern and hope to which Trump has only been a vehicle for that sentiment. His lies are of no more or less consequence than those of some foul Left wing ones on values that take precedence for me. BIF paid for? Obama took us out of Afghanistan?... I don't believe in collective guilt or class solidarity. Does that make me Right Wing? I really don't care what political label makes you feel good as I am more interested in debating uncertainty. To you it seems there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Remember, just don't look
    Ah nostalgia for certainty.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ignoring the bully only works if EVERYONE does it, as Homer shows us by continuing to look at Lard Lad.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Jeez! Where DO these psycho nutbags come from? They're multiplying faster than rabbits juiced on fertility drugs.
    Some of them do it literally. Just look at that Duggar family.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    A comic book message board that deals with fictional violence is not a place to discuss political violence? Did you read Marvel's Civil War?

http://dadofdivas-reviews.blogspot.c...ro-ethics.html
    https://www.comicsprofessor.com/2018...xt-spring.html
    Civil War was great. I thought it was a good scene when Captain America sees how much the fighting has affected ordinary people and decides to stand down.

While I am against political violence in general, it seems especially important that it should be a last resort, which requires everyone involved articulating what their cause is and why they are fighting. We should never do anything that can be construed as providing moral permission or intellectual cover for political violence on a hunch.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 11-23-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert that Brian Laundrie, the accused killer of his girlfriend Gabby Petito died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got an alert that Brian Laundrie, the accused killer of his girlfriend Gabby Petito died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
    Somehow I am not surprised. I was figgering that he might be suicidal.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Too bad so much money and effort was wasting tracking him down. At least the people are spared the expense of a trial and incarceration.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Too bad so much money and effort was wasting tracking him down. At least the people are spared the expense of a trial and incarceration.
    When Laundrie disappeared, I figured he'd make a run for the border and hide out in Mexico, maybe South America. I honestly didn't think he'd bump himself off. Guess he couldn't live with the guilt from having murdered Gabby. But yeah, at least her parents won't have to go through the pain and anguish from having her final days dredged up in a trial.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Somehow I am not surprised. I was figgering that he might be suicidal.
    Too bad he couldn't have gotten the order right and shot and killed himself first before going after Petito.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Ignoring the bully only works if EVERYONE does it, as Homer shows us by continuing to look at Lard Lad.
    We can always stuff him in a pair of oversized shoes while everyone else points and laughs.
    Dark does not mean deep.

You should really look into that book I recommended to Tina about The Revolt of the Public - Authority and Authoritarian is what you are favoring. We live in an information age while you are grasping for a begone era of newspapers.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-pr...-trump-era-255

What is funny is watching that play out with some kind of phony psychologizing of the enemies of authority. Why not just come out and say that people should just know who their betters are and follow.
    The book appears more descriptive than prescriptive. The part that you quoted and emphasized in bold isn't very appealing as "public revolts would likely arrive unattached to coherent plans, pushing society into interminable cycles of zero-sum clashes between myopic authorities and their increasingly furious subjects."

The authorities are making mistakes, but the outsiders don't know what the hell they're doing either, as “networks can protest and overthrow, but never govern.”

My opinion is simply that the technical aspect of "proving" the fraud is beyond the reach now of those that trying do so for a number of reasons( your 'Braynard could always present his evidence, much of which wasn't based on restricted evidence. It is worth noting that more data has been released since then, for anyone to investigate whether there were shenanigans in the election. Just doesn't hold up to being the falsifiable data of "evidence" ), one of which access to information, another is having the allied expertise you allude to has no reason to join as no career can be made in blowing up the election system altogether(There are those that have done the best they can like Braynard), so we come back to that much of the GOP relies on its instinctual understanding of players involved and can't begin to convince the comfort zone Majority that has faith in the system.

This is the role of the data science people "who know a little bit about something to trick those who don't know as much" in the campaign and provide the lawyers with non falsifiable scenarios - like mail in ballots which are legally inseparable from regular ballots. As note this isn't a conspiracy in the sense of a group of people working around a plot but merger of interests where the bounds are not set and lead to the go ahead of criminal activity. We see this time and again where people think they are simply pushing the boundaries amounts to excusing horrible things.
    I really disagree with the idea that the reason people with the expertise to determine whether there is evidence of fraud aren't coming forward is that it's not in their interests to do so.

Anyone younger and ambitious who is able to demonstrate election shenanigans (IE- a nontrivial percentage of votes were cast fraudulently, either by noncitizens, people who were made up and/ or on behalf of people who did not vote) would be a major figure. Their status would be elevated. They would be positioned for political appointments, jobs as commentators, etc.

Even if it is too politically risky for someone younger to come forward with evidence of wrongdoing, there are older people who don't have to worry about getting along with their coworkers. They can set up a nice retirement with a book deal.

If mail-in ballots are counted with regular ballots, there is still a lot of data that can be analyzed to demonstrate whether the election could have been affected by people who should not have been allowed to vote.

The states have access to who votes and in what elections. This can be checked to determine whether dead people are voting, or whether made-up people are voting (IE- if John Miller in 104th Street votes in a district that has no John Miller, and where 80th street is the highest number street.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets