Page 187 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 871371771831841851861871881891901911972372876871187 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It must have happened after I posted it.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/john...don-star-wars/

The forum is blocking a word. Why I have no idea.
    It was lives. I had to add lives and a dash (-) to make it work.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sad.

It really does bother me when people on this very thread are defending the looting by saying lives are more important than property. Right or wrong, people are choosing to defend their property and livelihood (or in this case their friends livelihood), and that's creating a real cost in human life. People are dying simply because a small group of criminal thugs want to use social justice as an excuse to get free stuff.

There's a reason why some polls are saying the majority of americans support the military putting a stop to this. For the record I'm not necessarily one of them... but I understand where they are coming from.
    I'm pro military support, especially after reading what happened to Officer Dorn. This is a man that decided to make an actual difference.

Then I see theses people complaining on Social Media but I have doubts. Do they really want change? It sounds like they want to blame their problems on anyone that is different.

Who are "these people"?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm pro military support, especially after reading what happened to Officer Dorn. This is a man that decided to make an actual difference.

Then I see theses people complaining on Social Media but I have doubts. Do they really want change? It sounds like they want to blame their problems on anyone that is different.
    Nothing like wanting to kill your own citizens to really showcase the patriotism.

For a variety of reasons, I find the notion of Trump bringing the military into it very frightening ESPECIALLY if he doesn't have the governors support.

That said... if the police can't put down the riots and if the riots don't just sort of fizzle out on their own, then it's probably necessary. They can't be allowed to continue indefinately. They need to end one way or the other. But I'm hoping there's another way.

Intermediary

I think you should listen to the retired military officials and the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who have roundly roundly disagreed with this

the military is a hammer, not a scalpel

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Nothing like wanting to kill your own citizens to really showcase the patriotism.
    Try telling that to Officer Dorn's Family. Its not wanting to kill, its maintaining order and keeping Citizens that actually follow the law safe. I trust our Military, not the maniac that other people voted into the White House

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Who are "these people"?
    Seriously? Yes, its heartbreaking about Mr Floyd's Death. Anybody that watched that video can tell this was murder. However this was taken beyond too far.

But Rioting and looting is in no way the answer. You have these groups like BLM that bust a nut if a White Cop kills a Black Man. (They sure as hell don't care about David Dorn or black on black crimes) And before you decide to lash out at me, just think about this. If the races were reversed in that scenario. Hell, if the victim was Asian, White, or even Latino. The world wouldn't blink twice and we definitely wouldn't be experiencing these riots.

Mighty Member

The classic "It's ok to kill people when people you like die".

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ooooooooooh WBE! Just a little something for you.

Gov. Justice (R-WV), while discussing the relocation of the RNC Convention, says the state would welcome “any president” except "maybe not Barack Obama."

Try telling that to Officer Dorn's Family. Its not wanting to kill, its maintaining order and keeping Citizens that actually follow the law safe.

Seriously? Yes, its heartbreaking about Mr Floyd's Death. Anybody that watched that video can tell this was murder. However this was taken beyond too far.

But Rioting and looting is in no way the answer. You have these groups like BLM that bust a nut if a White Cop kills a Black Man. (They sure as hell don't care about David Dorn or black on black crimes) And before you decide to lash out at me, just think about this. If the races were reversed in that scenario. Hell, if the victim was Asian, White, or even Latino. The world wouldn't blink twice and we definitely wouldn't be experiencing these riots.
    The mans death is very tragic, but its readily apparent that American Authority wants a fight. If the police are assaulting people with their riot gear imagine how bloody its going to get wgen people with guns are walking the streets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Wouldn't the next Republican president be able to expand the court as well?

Hell, if it's obvious that Democrats intend to expand the court, why shouldn't Trump & McConnell start putting in new justices now from everyone who was on the short-list last time?
    Well, to expand the court you need to pass a law by both the House and the Senate, and the Democrats control the House at the moment.

https://www.usa.gov/how-laws-are-made

And the point is, in my scenario, that Democrats will have numbers to fill those new seats, protecting the American people from new Scalias.

Mighty Member

Seriously? Yes, its heartbreaking about Mr Floyd's Death.
    You empathy is overwhelming.

Maybe if something was done when it was Eric or when people were only taking a knee it wouldn't of been necessary to get louder to be heard. But all I hear in this quote is you are sick of hearing about black peoples problems. Poor you...

BANNED

You spelt white supremacy wrong.

Intermediary

IF/when this administration is swept aside, every single judge that McConnell rammed through needs to be reviewed

there are a lot of regressive and outright unqualified federal judges with lifetime appointments sitting on the bench right now

Astonishing Member

All this hand-wringing over looters, not so much as a whisper about out-of-control cops hiding their badges, setting up fake attacks, and assaulting people indiscriminately.