Page 33 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743831335331033 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    If we're being Optimistic and there's a vaccine in 2021, how can anyone look at Trump's record this year and want him in charge of the roll out? I think he'd be just as likely to say anti vaxers are good people, buy whatever conspiracy theory he stumbled on that week, or make no effort in making sure it didn't come with an exorbitant price tag.
    I worry about how it will be rolled out if the Oxford thing works out and the FDA fast-tracks approval to have our in November. Can you imagine the vindictiveness of how the Trump Administration will handle this?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    God, he'd probably just send the vaccine to his supporters and leave every state he lost in the election to die.

Which, lets be honest, is half the reason why he didn't take this seriously to begin with. It started in two states he'll never carry, so he couldn't be bothered
    Nothing like a little genocide/ideological cleansing on American soil to signal the rest of the world for good there's a new brutal banana republic in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh yeah. I saw one that read simply, "OBAMAGATE" just like that, all caps. No further explanation. I mean, what is he even talking about?
    Maybe it was brought on by Obama saying recently Trump's response was disastrous and unqualified. Would be funny because it would suggest a massive scandal but Obama has comparatively nothing to lose and only the Birther/MAGA crowd possibly cares. Everybody else probably went "no ****" and moved on to continue to wait for the nightmare to be over.

But if Donnie wants to say Anything-gate and possibly remind himself by association he's also impeached forever, thoughts and prayers to his failing brain.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh yeah. I saw one that read simply, "OBAMAGATE" just like that, all caps. No further explanation. I mean, what is he even talking about?
    Obama has been living rent free in Trump’s head ever since the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner and Drano Don just can’t bury that grudge.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Like Bill Maher said the other night, it shouldn't have been #BelieveWomen; it should have been #TakeAllegationsSeriously.
    Said this for years.

Mighty Member

A lot of republicans have been casting about for a scandal involving a democratic administration on the scale of Watergate since... at least the 1980s to demonstrate that Both Sides Are Comparable (sadly, they are mistaken).

Pence is in isolation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I worry about how it will be rolled out if the Oxford thing works out and the FDA fast-tracks approval to have our in November. Can you imagine the vindictiveness of how the Trump Administration will handle this?
    What if the vaccine has side effects? Could be a silver lining...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Pence is in isolation.
    Do tell. Who’s next? How long before the White House itself is forced to go into lockdown?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do tell. Who’s next? How long before the White House itself is forced to go into lockdown?
    Do you really think anyone can keep Trump isolated, alone, and unable to leave for long? He'd go even more crazy than he already is.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Really, how many votes did you figure she would lose by? Or did you know that less people than attend a baseball game would swing the vote in 3 key States? Or that the FBI chief would violate protocol to swing votes to Trump. Cause you must have a mutant level instinct.
    Nah, but I didn't need to know such things to make a successful prediction. What I did know is how unhappy the working class was in those "Rust Belt" states that swung the election and how hated Hillary was. Oh, and the amount of general disdain for the political class in this country.

Edit - The indicators that have solidified my prediction this time around are the protests against the lockdown in certain states. Biden campaigning on a return to a status quo not many want. Trump is but a symptom of much deeper problems in the body politic of America, problems one can't simply paper over by a return to a discredited recent past. Radical change is needed and until it comes, the conditions that created Trump will remain to fester.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-10-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Those protesters are a small minority and all solid Trumpers.
    Not swing voters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nah, but I didn't need to know such things to make a successful prediction. What I did know is how unhappy the working class was in those "Rust Belt" states that swung the election and how hated Hillary was. Oh, and the amount of general disdain for the political class in this country.
    It's not solely about the "political class," those voters moved away from Democrats not the opposite. Much of that has to do with the GOP having greater propaganda networks, and the hit job they did on Hillary. If she couldn't do it, someone like Sanders would be in worse shape politically.

Edit - The indicators that have solidified my prediction this time around are the protests against the lockdown in certain states. Biden campaigning on a return to a status quo not many want. Trump is but a symptom of much deeper problems in the body politic of America, problems one can't simply paper over by a return to a discredited recent past. Radical change is needed and until it comes, the conditions that created Trump will remain to fester.
    Except Biden winning the primary shows his vision is what the voters want, not Sanders or we'd have Sanders as the nominee. As well as in the '18 elections. No presidential candidate is going to fix the deeper problems, that's something only congress can do and the left has failed harder than Democrats on that count at getting their own elected. These problems can't be solved by massive changes, and even if they were the left haven't shown they're capable of achieving that. Wed be getting incremental changes no matter who won the Democratic primaries.

People in this thread believe whatever you want, but I stand by my prediction. In November you'll see I'm right, until then goodbye. This thread is very negative so I see no reason to waste my time by lingering here. Life is gloomy enough already.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-10-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh, by the way, the White House cut funds for virus research because of course they did.

Peter Daszak is a scientist whose work is helping in the search for a COVID-19 cure. So why did the president just cancel Daszak's funding? It's the kind of politics which might seem ill-advised in a health crisis. President Trump is blaming China's government for the pandemic. The outbreak was first detected in the city of Wuhan. The administration has said, at times, the virus is man-made or that, if it's natural, it must have leaked out of a Chinese government lab. Both the White House and the Chinese Communist Party have been less than honest. And so, in China, and the U.S., the work of scientists like Peter Daszak is being undercut by pandemic politics.

In 2003, in Malaysia, he warned 60 Minutes a pandemic was coming.

Peter Daszak in 2003 interview: What worries me the most is that we are going to miss the next emerging disease, that we're suddenly going to find a SARS virus that moves from one part of the planet to another, wiping out people as it moves along.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that 60 minutes report was depressing as hell.