Page 283 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1832332732792802812822832842852862872933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Policed zones are also disasters waiting to happen in the US. Pick your poison.
    I'm infinitely amused by the armed crazies ranting about how they're just waiting for the police to abandon minority neighborhoods so they can roll in and do violence with impunity.
    They're so close to figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I did not expect the goal of the"Defund the police" movement to be giving William Barr's justice department more power.
    Barr should be gone in 6 months, when a less criminal AG is put in.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But the purge, man!!!! LOL.

I needed that laugh.
    People should rewatch the Purge movies, that series didn't go in the direction I expected it would.

See the post after the one quoted here.

While I think this is one of the few instances where the reason(well, what would seem to be the reason...) makes that the person is looking for payback not really "A Positive" or "A Negative", it doesn't really change that this is most likely someone looking to settle a score.

Would I possibly do the same in this very particular instance. Sure. Honest truth is I probably would.

The fact that it is someone looking to settle a score that is almost acceptable?

Doesn't change them into someone looking out for the country. They are still someone looking to settle a score over something.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

While I think this is one of the few instances where the reason(well, what would seem to be the reason...) makes that the person is looking for payback not really "A Positive" or "A Negative", it doesn't really change that this is most likely someone looking to settle a score.

Would I possibly do the same in this very particular instance. Sure. Honest truth is I probably would.

The fact that it is someone looking to settle a score that is almost acceptable?

Doesn't change them into someone looking out for the country. They are still someone looking to settle a score over something.
    Maybe the motivation is the money for William's treatment. And to be honest, one's motivations don't need to be pure in order to shine a light on dark deeds. Nixon was brought down because someone thought they were passed over for a job in favor of a crony, after all. It doesn't undo the revelations of Watergate.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

There are few humans who qualify for Sainthood or whatever is the equivalent in their respective religions. Almost everyone has some angle, that is normal and human. Understanding motivation is important, but if what is written is proven to be factual, then the motivation takes a back seat so long as the facts were obtained legally and reasonably.

The issue of an NDA will need to be taken up in court, if it gets that far. Otherwise I assume she is writing this from the viewpoint of an insider with first hand knowledge she has as a family member.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    If you live in the Atlanta area hunker down. The Purge may be happening tonight and for weeks to come if this lasts. So far mainstream news isn't reporting it but its all over social media and twitter that nearly the entire Atlanta Police force walked off the job tonight in protest over the charges earlier today. Mayor is calling every surrounding agency for help and has been told no.

So far this is the only news media outlet seemingly reporting on it. Its only reporting two districts but on social media and twitter I'm seeing that its all of them.

Atlanta PD spokespersons in the article are saying what they have to say but others on social media, for what thats worth, have said that the PD has said they will not be responding to anything but violent crimes with weapons and imminent life in danger calls.

https://decaturish.com/2020/06/atlan...yshard-brooks/
    This doesn't make the police look good.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe the motivation is the money for William's treatment. And to be honest, one's motivations don't need to be pure in order to shine a light on dark deeds. Nixon was brought down because someone thought they were passed over for a job in favor of a crony, after all. It doesn't undo the revelations of Watergate.
    Then let's just be reasonably straight about what it looks like is going on there.

When it could have done the country some good(which folks have brought up...)? Largely mum.

When it could settle a score and there is a buck to be made? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are few humans who qualify for Sainthood or whatever is the equivalent in their respective religions. Almost everyone has some angle, that is normal and human. Understanding motivation is important, but if what is written is proven to be factual, then the motivation takes a back seat so long as the facts were obtained legally and reasonably.

The issue of an NDA will need to be taken up in court, if it gets that far. Otherwise I assume she is writing this from the viewpoint of an insider with first hand knowledge she has as a family member.
    And a pretty good and understandable reason to want to settle a score.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is disgraceful. The police need to be reformed from top to bottom.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2010/05...81st-precinct/
    'Revealed: Officer Who Killed Rayshard Brooks Accused of Covering Up 2015 Shooting"

Garrett Rolfe involved in shooting of black man Jackie Harris
    Court documents show police officers did not report incident

"The Atlanta police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks was accused of covering up an earlier shooting he and other officers participated in, according to a judge who reviewed the case.

Garrett Rolfe was fired by the Atlanta police department following what officials called the “unjustified” killing of Brooks on Friday. Rolfe shot Brooks twice in the back as Brooks ran away after a scuffle with officers when they attempted to arrest him. It was among a recent spate of killings of black men by white police officers, which have ignited a national uprising against police brutality and racism.

In August 2015, Rolfe and two other officers opened fire on Jackie Jermaine Harris, who they chased after he was caught driving a stolen truck, the Guardian can reveal after reviewing court documents on the incident. However, the shooting was not reported by the police involved. Harris, like Brooks, is African American. Harris rammed a police vehicle and officers shot at him several times inside the truck, striking Harris once and collapsing his lung. Harris survived and later pleaded guilty to charges including theft, property damage, fleeing arrest and damaging a police vehicle.

Judge Doris L Downs, during a 2016 court hearing, called the case a “disaster” and said “it’s the wildest case I’ve seen in my 34 years here.”

Downs said she was so troubled by officers failing to report the shooting that she wanted the matter investigated.

“None of the police put in the report that they shot the man – none of them. And they sent him to Grady [Memorial Hospital] with collapsed lungs and everything, and the report doesn’t mention it,” Downs said.

“I am ethically going to be required to turn all of them in.”

Downs even suggested state and federal authorities get involved.

She said: “What the police did was wrong, and they will have to answer for what they did.”

It is unclear if any action was taken. Downs could not be reached for comment. Rolfe was apparently not disciplined, according to a personnel file released by Atlanta police on Tuesday, which listed the 2015 incident only as a “firearm discharge” but did not say how the department addressed the incident. Rolfe could not be reached for comment.

Harris’s attorney Serena Nunn said police admitted in their report that Harris had been injured during the incident – but not that police shot him.

She said: “Being shot in the back and ultimately having your lung collapse is something more than an injury that was caused during the incident.”

“We do expect officers to uphold the law. I cannot think of a plausible reason as to why they would have omitted that information [about the shooting],” Nunn told the judge.

The prosecutor could not say why the shooting was not in the report..."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-garrett-rolfe

Ultimate Member

Republicans -- no universal healthcare and the freedom to spread disease to others as you see fit.

----
    "Arizona governor backtracks on mask rules as Covid-19 cases surge"

Doug Ducey will stop blocking mayors from requiring masks but stops short of issuing statewide regulation

"For days, as coronavirus cases climbed across the state, Arizona’s Republican governor blocked local lawmakers from being able to mandate that residents wear masks.

The mayors of Arizona’s largest cities went on national television and radio shows, pressing the governor, Doug Ducey, to give them the power to require mask-wearing in their cities if he was unwilling to mandate it statewide.

Hundreds of Arizona medical professionals sent Ducey an open letter this week, outlining the evidence that masks save lives and asking him to require citizens to wear them.

Partially bowing to pressure, Ducey announced on Wednesday that he would allow local governments to set their own mask-wearing regulations.

He confirmed in a press conference that Arizona was headed in a dangerous direction, with nearly 2,400 new coronavirus cases announced on Tuesday and another 1,800 announced on Wednesday, and hospitals reporting that intensive care units are already at more than 80% capacity.

But just a week before Donald Trump is expected to come to Arizona for a major campaign rally, the Republican governor is continuing to resist calls to make mask-wearing required in public places statewide.

Masks have become a charged partisan issue in Arizona, one of the key swing states in the 2020 presidential election. As thousands of people watched Ducey’s press conference live on Facebook, many commenters demanded, “Make masks mandatory!” but others pushed back: “Breathing is not aggression. Fear is not a virtue,” one posted.

The chairwoman of Arizona’s Republican party shared a local Fox News reporters’ Twitter poll asking users whether it was appropriate to “force” people to wear masks, or whether the best option was “No force. Free choice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...overnor-mayors

Astonishing Member

If you live in the Atlanta area hunker down. The Purge may be happening tonight and for weeks to come if this lasts. So far mainstream news isn't reporting it but its all over social media and twitter that nearly the entire Atlanta Police force walked off the job tonight in protest over the charges earlier today. Mayor is calling every surrounding agency for help and has been told no.

So far this is the only news media outlet seemingly reporting on it. Its only reporting two districts but on social media and twitter I'm seeing that its all of them.

Atlanta PD spokespersons in the article are saying what they have to say but others on social media, for what thats worth, have said that the PD has said they will not be responding to anything but violent crimes with weapons and imminent life in danger calls.

They need to fired all these cops and replace them with real cops. But when only conservative rags cover a story, it's best to take it with a grain of salt.

BANNED

So cops literally think they are above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    People should rewatch the Purge movies, that series didn't go in the direction I expected it would.
    Right? It's messaging isn't even subtle.

As Rayshard Brooks lay dying in a Wendy's parking lot — shot twice in the back — Atlanta police officers kicked him and stood on his body, according to Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard.
    That was just one of the many detailed allegations Howard presented in a lengthy press conference Wednesday while announcing that Garrett Rolfe was being charged with 11 counts, including felony murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    The previous cover up lead to the impunity that he felt to be able to do this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra...cid=spartandhp