Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Trump often said that Jackson was his favorite President. His picture is also on the $20 bill, so I think even people like Empty-G know what he looked like.
    Which is funny since Jackson, as much of an ******* and all-around terrible person as he was, would absolutely sneer at Trump as a soft coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that Biden would be replaced by a Republican, just considering the implications of capping judicial and legislative positions at 80.
    But Pres. Biden is not in the legislative or judicial branch of government. He is in the executive branch, which already has term limits.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I'm starting to think that Tucker Carlson is fishing for a new job. Maybe he thinks FOX News isn't conservative enough any more, so he's doing the same thing he did to go from MSNBC to FOX News in the first place. Someone ought to tell him though, that going to Newsmax or OANN would probably mean taking a cut in pay.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Another example of why County Sherriffs should be hired instead of elected.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...n-party-483414

You know, I didn't agree with most of what W. did or what he stood for, but at the same time, I could understand why someone back then would vote for him, vote Republican. I can't understand why anyone would vote Republican today.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Which is funny since Jackson, as much of an ******* and all-around terrible person as he was, would absolutely sneer at Trump as a soft coward.
    Given Stonewall Jackson's love of shooting people dead in duels, pretty sure that had he crossed paths with someone as dedicated to being an ***hole as Trump, that I know how it would have ended.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Breaking News. CNN is reporting that there is a verdict in the Chauvin trial. Will be read as early as 430. Get to the tvs.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

But Pres. Biden is not in the legislative or judicial branch of government. He is in the executive branch, which already has term limits.
    Exactly.

I am German, and I am stunned that an American like Mets would not know this.

Term limits are distinct from a mandatory age cap.

I would figure if there is an age limit on individuals in a 435-member congressional body reelected every two years there would be one for an executive.

Term limits don't really address the problems of infirmity of people elected to office for the first time at a really old age.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Exactly.

I am German, and I am stunned that an American like Mets would not know this.
    You seem to have misread several of my posts if you think I'm unaware of this.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-20-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I’m at the edge of my seat in anticipation for the verdict of perhaps the single most significant case of civil rights in a very long time.

I hope he gets convicted, but I know this is America and if you’re a black person justice is so rare.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-20-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m at the edge at my seat in anticipation for the verdict of perhaps the single most significant case of civil rights case in a very long time.
    I am too. I am glued to the news right now. You can feel the tension in the air of the crowds there even though you are watching on tv. This whole country is on edge right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

According to breaking news on BBC, verdict has been reached in Derek Chauvin trial, and will be announced in minutes.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

This is going to be a disaster on epic levels if it comes to a "not guilty" charge on all three counts.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    This is going to be a disaster on epic levels if it comes to a "not guilty" charge on all three counts.
    I think it will be a disaster if it is guilty on only the lesser count. There will still be people pissed with a 3rd degree guilty but if it just manslaughter it will be a slap in the face to a lot of people. I think unless it is guilty on the 2nd degree serious charge at the least then we as a country are in for a long night.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think it will be a disaster if it is guilty on only the lesser count. There will still be people pissed with a 3rd degree guilty but if it just manslaughter it will be a slap in the face to a lot of people. I think unless it is guilty on the 2nd degree serious charge at the least then we as a country are in for a long night.
    I think that "slap in the face" would be a not guilty verdict. I think even the manslaughter charge would put Chauvin behind bars for ten to fifteen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!