Page 958 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489549559569579589599609619629681008105814581958 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump rallies are killing people.

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/stat...762632704?s=21
    And every one who went will say its not his fault. Its all being overblown by the Dems the death count is low compared to the number of people who went. etc.. and people are so blind to this foll they are putting themselves at risk just to hear him sopeak.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And every one who went will say its not his fault. Its all being overblown by the Dems the death count is low compared to the number of people who went. etc.. and people are so blind to this foll they are putting themselves at risk just to hear him sopeak.
    Not too sure the kids who go with their parents, will necessarily agree in a decades time. Those raised in these kinds of things have a tendency to change their views as they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hope when Trump is gone we get some normal conservatives again.

These nuts are going to kill people.
    Trump is not the cause of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. He is the result of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. What you see under Trump is the new normal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump is not the cause of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. He is the result of the GOP moving to the extreme Right. What you see under Trump is the new normal.
    I think it goes both ways, Trump got in due to the movement to the Far Right, but he accelerated it, exposing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And has been for at least 4 decades!

I recently re-read a Spider-Woman book from 1980, where they introduced a villain based on Rupert Murdoch. He's called Rupert M. Dockery, an incredibly rich, foreign newspaper tycoon who comes to America, buys up respectable newspapers and turns them into tabloids. Oh, he also creates supervillains to sell more newspapers.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ruper...ry_(Earth-616)
    Didn't J Jonah Jameson create supervillains to sell more papers? Or was it just to try and capture Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Didn't J Jonah Jameson create supervillains to sell more papers? Or was it just to try and capture Spider-Man?
    Just ti catch Spiderman. I know he did The Scorpion, The Fly, and The Spider Slayer. Dont know if there are more.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com
    So, this is where we are! Trump supporters with weapons threatening a campaign bus.What are the police and the FBI doing? Those guys should be arrested!
    trump is the only president in modern times to radicalize his supporters into domestic terrorism. Who needs bin Laden when we have Osama bin trump?

The hits just keep coming.

Alamance County NC - Police pepper spray a Souls To The Polls rally: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...246861942.html
    https://twitter.com/HuffmanForNC/sta...92328503144449

Texas GOP seeks to bypass state Supreme Court to get 100K curbside voting ballots thrown out - https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1322602843661021184

I hope when Trump is gone we get some normal conservatives again.

These nuts are going to kill people.
    This is the new normal. This is now the conservative base.
    Edit: Repeating what Kirby said.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-31-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

It is clearly not the pandemic because this exact scenario happened twice before.

I hate to bring ageism into the argument but I think that is what it is.

Biden, Clinton, Gore are part of an older core of Dems that rely on excitement coming from the base whereas Obama, Harris, AOC rely on exciting their base.

That's what I think at least given their campaign strategy differences.

Biden, Clinton, Gore handed off big watershed speeches to the likes of Obama, Michelle Obama, & Carter and payed big money to get celebrity performances. Obama, Harris, & AOC gave those themselves and spent that performance money on creating a mobilization team to register and get more people to vote.

The milquetoast Dems and Clinton-era Dems wanted applause and credibility while the (I have no idea what to call the new wave of progressivism) new-age Dems want to be agents of change.

Dear Lord, I want to be wrong but I think we are watching the same story unfold again.

That wouldn't really account for Beto face planting on Latino outreach when he was running against Cruz. Would it?

When your own campaign is pointing to the pretty basic flaws in what you are doing, I tend to see where Joker is coming from about just how much of that you can actually blame on the voters.

In addition, it wouldn't really account for Harris being the first one out of the nomination process, and Biden winding up with the nomination.

In the latest Trumper nut job theory. The FBI needs to investigate the incident in Texas where the "So Called" Trump supporters tried to run the Biden Bus off the road. Because when it is looked at they will find that the people were Antifa who were trying to make Trump look bad. because Trump believes in free speech and would be very upset if his supporters did any thing like this. And most Trump supporters are very open to debate and believe in the democratic process and would never interfere with it.

On the new normal for Republicans, just as it took several elections to send the GOP ever rightward it's going to take several to move back closer to the center.

If Trump is defeated the mid terms are going to give us are first indication of Republicans are going to double down on Trumpism. Then it will likely be a war between the Mitt Romney's of the party and Trump 2.0 in the 2024 Republican primaries.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Fantastic Member

In the latest Trumper nut job theory. The FBI needs to investigate the incident in Texas where the "So Called" Trump supporters tried to run the Biden Bus off the road. Because when it is looked at they will find that the people were Antifa who were trying to make Trump look bad. because Trump believes in free speech and would be very upset if his supporters did any thing like this. And most Trump supporters are very open to debate and believe in the democratic process and would never interfere with it.
    So, in other words. "NO, YOU!"

Figures.

"It's clearly a false flag even though there were numerous cell phone photos and video taken and there are vehicles decked out in Trump stickers that can have their registration traced back to Trump voters! We would never do something so awful! We're far too busy throwing Hitler salutes to Fuhrer Trump at his rallies! Or trying to forget about the cults we were in for the one we're in now! WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK TRUMP SUPPORTERS COULD DO SOMETHING SO AWFUL? Why would they think WE COULD BE SO VIOLENT?"

Summary: Gaslightin' motherf***ers.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.