Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109
Results 1,621 to 1,622 of 1622
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Republican Group Gives Trump A Harsh Reminder Of His Biggest Coronavirus Blunder

The president’s most infamous prediction about the pandemic gets put into a harsh spotlight as the death toll approaches 100,000.

Biden Says Trump Is An ‘Absolute Fool’ For Ridiculing His Mask-Wearing

Trump retweeted a post mocking Biden for wearing a mask to prevent spreading coronavirus, with the caption: “This might help explain why Trump doesn’t like to wear a mask in public.”

Historian Slaps Donald Trump With Disastrous Grade For His Coronavirus Response

John M. Barry, author of a bestselling book on the 1918 pandemic, said the U.S. handling of this outbreak will be remembered as “incomprehensibly incoherent.”

====================

In non-coronavirus news:

Amy Cooper Knew Exactly What She Was Doing

Amy Cooper lost her dog and possibly her job. Christian Cooper, the Black man she called the cops on, could have lost his life.

Twitter Applies Fact-Check Labels To Trump Tweets For First Time

The president accused the platform of “stifling free speech” after it added a link to reports debunking his tweets about mail-in ballots leading to fraud. "WAHHHHHHHHHH! Twitter won't let me spew bullshit anymore! WAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Wall Street Journal Board Condemns Trump’s ‘Presidential Smear’ Of Joe Scarborough

The president’s attacks on the MSNBC host are “ugly even for him,” the conservative newspaper’s editorial board wrote in a column.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Happened to me when I lived in Brentwood but the guy never made the call after I told him to do so.

He claimed I didn't live in the area (I did) and looked like someone who was on a local wanted poster and had been seen sneaking around homes.

I knew that whole area -- there were no wanted posters posted there nor did I sneak around homes.

This isn't "news" -- it's just another day in America caught on camera.

-----
    "Marvel Comics' Christian Cooper In Central Park Racial Confrontation"

"Christian Cooper is a writer, and editor based in New York City. He has worked for Marvel Comics as a writer and an editor, writing Marvel comics Presents Stories, the Darkhold series for over a year, a run on Excalibur and edited a number of X-Men collections. In Star Trek fandom he is also notable for writing the Star Trek: Starfleet Academy comic for a few years, co-creating the first openly gay Star Trek character, Yoshi Mishima. Cooper is currently a senior biomedical editor at Health Science Communications, But he is in the news for very different reasons.

He was also president of the Harvard Ornithological Club in the 1980s and remains an avid bird-watcher. Yesterday, he was birdwatching in Central Park with his sister, Melody Cooper, writer of the Omni comic from Humanoids. Christian Cooper asked a woman to leash her dog in an area of the park, where pets must be kept under control. He also filmed the encounter.

On the video, the woman, identified as Amy Cooper (no relation), a VP at Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI), refused, tells Christian to stop filming her and her dog and threatens that she will call the police to tell them that an African-American is threatening her. She then proceeds to do just that when Christian does not stop filming. He is, indeed, black.

Christian kept filming, stopping when Amy leashed her dog, and said 'thank you'.

In the aftermath of the incident going viral on social media, Amy Cooper voluntarily surrendered the dog to a shelter, and was put on administrative leave by FTI.

In a statement to NBC New York, Amy Cooper said, "I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family. It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who's seen that video, everyone that's been offended… everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...confrontation/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; Today at 02:39 AM.