Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest not really a fan of this idea. With the mass shootings we have, and things that can happen at a moments notice I dont like the idea of a cop not being ready right away to handle that.

I say redesign the taser. I am shocked more money hungry companies have not gotten to this. or The GOP passes a bill saying the taser has to look different then buy stock in the company that supplies them to police. Right up the GOP wheel house. So I am shocked this hasnt happened yet.
    They should just redesign the taser's trigger to be at another locating, maybe even a button instead of a trigger. That way if a cop accidentally pulls out the service pistol instead of the teaser, they'll be pressing a non existing button and not the trigger on the pistol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. It wasn't like Daunte Wright was wanted for murder, the whole situation went horribly out of control for no good reason. As for Kim Potter, she had been a cop for 26 years and yet, she behaved like some green rookie on her first patrol. Totally and absolutely inexcusable.
    We can train a 19 year old kid How not to shoot an Afghan civilian but we can't train veteran cops not to mistake a taser from a gun. I know it's not a popular opinion but I've always thought it's better to militarize law enforcement since the military has more discipline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    We can train a 19 year old kid How not to shoot an Afghan civilian but we can't train veteran cops not to mistake a taser from a gun. I know it's not a popular opinion but I've always thought it's better to militarize law enforcement since the military has more discipline.
    Um, what? The US military has killed nearly 40,000 civilians in Afghanistan, which incidentally makes that one of the "cleanest" wars we've ever fought.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Well, at least then they would be deserving of the sainthood that the 'Blue Lives Matter' crowd anoints them if they didn't carry lethal firearms into situations where their lives might be at risk. Maybe they would take their deescalation training a little more seriously if it was their life as well as those they have sworn to protect and server on the line. Lets spend more effort in training our police forces in the use of non-lethal force. If other countries can do it, why can't we? Aren't we supposed to be 'The Greatest Country in the World'?
    I agree deescalation should be a large part of the training. But cops having no guns when going against some heavy armed nut job who decided he is going to die and take as many people with him as he can? That just means the cop will die and anyone else in the area.

Comparing our police tactics to other countries really does not work. Other countries like England and Japan do not have the gun culture and problem that America does. I think Tami said it a few pages back you have to change the culture of America and their love of guns.

So no police with no guns in America does not work. It will cost a Hell of a lot more lives in the long run both police and civilian.

Im not a cop so I cant talk as to where their mind is at during these situations. I have never been under that stress. But I have been to prison with some very bad men and heard the whole im gonna kill a cop, im gonna shoot up a crowd talk. Yea most of it talk but there is the one or two where it is not.

I have a serious mental health disorder. There have been times I have been in public and been a danger to those around me. I have had to be tased twice in my life by police. There was no talking me down in those cases. I can understand how that could have gone south and am thankful and lucky I am still here. If I would have had a gun in those situations I could have hurt or killed a lot of people. Just from what I have done in the past I do not want unarmed police or social workers being the only ones to respond to me if something happens and I flip out again.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-14-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Well, at least one 2021 death had it coming

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Like Rush Limbaugh who kicked the bucket a couple of months ago, here's another scumbag who won't be missed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So Bernie Madoff died today. But let's remember that the main reason he was sent to jail was because he ripped off famous people. He ripped off celebrities. There are plenty of other "businessmen" who committed crimes similar to his, but got away with it, or paid nominal fines because they did it to non-famous people. I guess what I'm saying is that if a celebrity or two had been ripped off by Trump University, Donald Trump might have been doing hard time right now.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Just heard that Kim Potter, the police officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright has been charged with second degree manslaughter.

Now, I don't know if there's any truth to this story, but I idly heard a report on my local all-news radio station this morning that the Mayor of Minneapolis wanted to rescind Potter's resignation and outright fire her instead. The reason? If Potter is fired, she can't collect retirement benefits. Has anyone else heard anything like this story?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just heard that Kim Potter, the police officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright has been charged with second degree manslaughter.

Now, I don't know if there's any truth to this story, but I idly heard a report on my local all-news radio station this morning that the Mayor of Minneapolis wanted to rescind Potter's resignation and outright fire her instead. The reason? If Potter is fired, she can't collect retirement benefits. Has anyone else heard anything like this story?
    I heard this as well. Fox News commented on it and how the mayor was judging her before a trial and she worked hard for her benefits and if this was a tragic mistake as it looks to be her life should not be ruined etc...

I mean there is no question of guilt. She admitted on camera that she shot him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I heard this as well. Fox News commented on it and how the mayor was judging her before a trial and she worked hard for her benefits and if this was a tragic mistake as it looks to be her life should not be ruined etc...

Good, then I wasn't mistaken about what I heard. That move by the Mayor makes sense, the dead last thing that city needs is for Potter who openly admitted her guilt in shooting Mr. Wright to ride off into the sunset with a fat pension.

BANNED

Why should a strong independent woman have her entire life ruined just for recklessly shooting someone to death? This is America, not North Korea!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Why should a strong independent woman have her entire life ruined just for recklessly shooting someone to death? This is America, not North Korea!
    If you ask Fox news mistakes happen. It is best for everyone to move on and all that junk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Involuntary manslaughter is a felony (at least in my state).

I dont understand why people are flipping out about her being charged. She shot and killed a man. Even if it was a mistake.

If I had shot and killed someone by mistake lets say cleaning a gun, or goofing around or something I would damn sure be charged.

So her being charged when she made a mistake that cost a man his life she damn sure should be charged even if she is a cop.

I get people are mad because they see it as a white female cop being thrown to the wolves to appease the pc black lives matter crowd but that is bullshit and those people need to shut up!.