Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that Trump has raised an estimated $270 million peddling his phony baloney conspiracy theories to the rubes about how the election was “stolen” from him. And, of course, most of that money is going straight into his own coffers. Trump might be done as president, but the grifting goes on, and on, and on.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Calendar years mean nothing to actual events in life. I understand the idea, but 2020's problems aren't vanishing at midnight one day!
    No, but we might be starting to catch a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel....however, like with any tunnel, there is still a long road ahead. A road that could lead to more tunnels.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Trump has raised an estimated $270 million peddling his phony baloney conspiracy theories to the rubes about how the election was “stolen” from him. And, of course, most of that money is going straight into his own coffers. Trump might be done as president, but the grifting goes on, and on, and on.
    The people giving him that money could be using it to buy food, or other goods for their families or to support local businesses that are struggling. What a waste.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The people giving him that money could be using it to buy food, or other goods for their families or to support local businesses that are struggling. What a waste.
    It is a waste in theory, but do we really think that anyone who'd donate to Trump's stuff is of moral character to donate to charity?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It is a waste in theory, but do we really think that anyone who'd donate to Trump's stuff is of moral character to donate to charity?
    Or even support themselves? Those are EXACTLY the sort of clueless voters Trump longed to fleece when he ran as a Republican.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Instead of sitting in miles long food bank lines, because the government they elected won't give them ongoing relief from the economic devastation they caused... 4 MORE YEARS!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

No, but we might be starting to catch a glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel....however, like with any tunnel, there is still a long road ahead. A road that could lead to more tunnels.
    There is no “recovery”. There’s never been a “recovery” because this country never had a national plan to address the pandemic. We’ve been on the same uninterrupted path since the beginning and no one who’s paying attention should be surprised by where we are now. In a few weeks we’re going to see more articles about the massive numbers of people being evicted from their homes and the chattering political class will express shock at that too like people haven’t been sounding the alarm for months & being ignored. If you’re on a sinking boat with a bucket trying to scoop water up & toss it back into the sea but the boat is taking on water faster than you can empty it, would you refer to the time you remain afloat as a “a glimmer of light”?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Meanwhile, some of the worst people in the world are at each others' throats and I think that is beautiful.

But will the media do lots of "Republicans in disarray" stories now?
    Ugh. Michelle Malkin. Literally every Filipino person I know hates that woman and hates that so many people look at her as an example of what a Filipino-American is. Even the conservatives. She’s an awful human being, always has been, and I had almost forgotten about her...but then here she is, trying to devour whole a fellow Republican she deems is not being ‘pure’ enough...

Worse, I’ve seen so many clips of her delivering one screed or another that I can completely visualize her horrible hollering and contorted face as she practiced this aloud in a mirror before posting.
    Last edited by zinderel; 12-04-2020 at 11:05 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Ugh. Michelle Malkin. Literally every Filipino person I know hates that woman and hates that so many people look at her as an example of what a Filipino-American is. Even the conservatives. She’s an awful human being, always has been, and I had almost forgotten about her...but then here she is, trying to devour whole a fellow Republican she deems is not being ‘pure’ enough...

Worse, I’ve seen so many clips of her delivering one screed or another that I can completely visualize her horrible hollering and contorted face as she practiced this aloud in a mirror before posting.
    The biggest Asian uncle ruckus I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Everyday I see people remark on the turbulent year of 2020 coming to an end & sadly I don’t think folks recognize that we’re still in the early stages of this unfolding catastrophe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    No, we are indeed not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Calendar years mean nothing to actual events in life. I understand the idea, but 2020's problems aren't vanishing at midnight one day!
    Pandemic wise ...

Historically, scientifically, and medically speaking ... the average pandemic lasts 2 years, with year two being the worst. It appears to be ramping up that way.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So it looks like the Democrats just might win in Georgia if only the establishment Republicans vote and all the Trump supporters boycott the election. "Tune in to the next exciting episode!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump minion planted in Department of Justice barred from the building

Heidi Stirrup (I'm sure there's a joke in there but I'll pass on that )an "official serving as President Donald Trump’s eyes and ears at the Justice Department has been banned from the building after trying to pressure staffers to give up sensitive information about election fraud and other matters she could relay to the White House, three people familiar with the matter tell The Associated Press.

Heidi Stirrup, an ally of top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, was quietly installed at the Justice Department as a White House liaison a few months ago. She was told within the last two weeks to vacate the building after top Justice officials learned of her efforts to collect insider information about ongoing cases and the department’s work on election fraud, the people said."

Of course....Stephen Miller, the Machiavellian henchman of Trump. No surprise there. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of his plots and schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Trump minion planted in Department of Justice barred from the building

Heidi Stirrup (I'm sure there's a joke in there but I'll pass on that )an "official serving as President Donald Trump’s eyes and ears at the Justice Department has been banned from the building after trying to pressure staffers to give up sensitive information about election fraud and other matters she could relay to the White House, three people familiar with the matter tell The Associated Press.

Heidi Stirrup, an ally of top Trump adviser Stephen Miller, was quietly installed at the Justice Department as a White House liaison a few months ago. She was told within the last two weeks to vacate the building after top Justice officials learned of her efforts to collect insider information about ongoing cases and the department’s work on election fraud, the people said."

Of course....Stephen Miller, the Machiavellian henchman of Trump. No surprise there. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of his plots and schemes.
    I had a hearty chuckle when I read that this morning.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week