Page 953 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4538539039439499509519529539549559569579631003105314531953 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Speaking from Germany, I hope you guys in the US get this right. I plan to get up at 3 am our time on Wednesday morning to get the first election results.

To be honest, democrat voters not turning out for midterms are more to blame for the current situation than politicians. I mean, you can turn around and blame the party for not getting voters excited to vote or whatever but that’s a rabbit hole that goes nowhere. The fact remains that dem voters couldn’t be bothered despite the ruin W Bush Left the country in when he left office.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    To be honest, democrat voters not turning out for midterms are more to blame for the current situation than politicians. I mean, you can turn around and blame the party for not getting voters excited to vote or whatever but that’s a rabbit hole that goes nowhere. The fact remains that dem voters couldn’t be bothered despite the ruin W Bush Left the country in when he left office.
    Many of them bothered but were denied the right to vote.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

DJI is now pretty much where it was at the beginning of 2018.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Nothing in that article says they are conceding FL. Biden was in Tampa yesterday.
    It was supposed to say "concerned about." That's what I get for typing from my phone.

Harris is, and openly said it again today, she was not happy that her team that specializes in mobilization took so long to get to this bellwether county. It was giant disaster that is took so long.

Which is exactly what started happening in 2000 and 2016.

It is a concern and it is a crucial path for Trump's reelection.

I will be much happier if the turnout there was higher.

Unfortunately, it is following a bad pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I think it will narrowly go to Biden/Harris, but it might be 3 weeks until we know for sure.

Attachment 101892

A whole bunch of polls shows Biden in the lead. They recently sent Obama there for a GREAT event.

Plus the change of having former felons allowed to vote, with Bloomberg having paid many of their fees and fines to make sure the GOP attempt to undermine the wish of the voters in 2018 is blunted...
    Florida is definitely in play. I hope it goes blue. It most likely will go to court again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Meanwhile, you're absolving the Democratic Party of any and all blame in the situation. If you can't get votes interested after Bush, maybe you'e the fucking problem!

I get people are excited about polls. But as polls in 2016 show they dont mean anything. That is why Trump is running for reelection this year and not Clinton. I know people sya they polls were right in 2016 and that is fine but leading in the polls does not change facts.

The Gop has massive voter suppression going on, They have a packed Supreme Court that will (Not maybe) get votes thrown out. So with these things in play I will jot get excited about the polls.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It was supposed to say "concerned about." That's what I get for typing from my phone.

Harris is, and openly said it again today, she was not happy that her team that specializes in mobilization took so long to get to this bellwether county. It was giant disaster that is took so long.

Which is exactly what started happening in 2000 and 2016.

It is a concern and it is a crucial path for Trump's reelection.

I will be much happier if the turnout there was higher.

Unfortunately, it is following a bad pattern.

Florida is definitely in play. I hope it goes blue. It most likely will go to court again.
    Since I did that screen cap a few hours ago, another poll came out by PPP which gives Biden a 7 point lead in Florida. It will take a lot of voter suppression to keep the Sunshine state red.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I get people are excited about polls. But as polls in 2016 show they dont mean anything. That is why Trump is running for reelection this year and not Clinton. I know people sya they polls were right in 2016 and that is fine but leading in the polls does not change facts.

The Gop has massive voter suppression going on, They have a packed Supreme Court that will (Not maybe) get votes thrown out. So with these things in play I will jot get excited about the polls.
    The polls in 2016 were largely correct, though.

Hillary was right!

The polls in 2016 were largely correct, though.
    Thats fine and I concede that fact. But it doesnt change the fact that Trump won. So to me polls mean nothing when Voter suppression and the Supreme Court will play a huge role is the outcome. A lot of votes that people cast will be thrown out in the SC. Even if voter Suppression does not play as big a role the Supreme Court will. A lot of legal votes will be thrown out. Hell Mitch and Trump have been talking about it non stop for weeks.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-30-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Meanwhile, you're absolving the Democratic Party of any and all blame in the situation. If you can't get votes interested after Bush, maybe you'e the fucking problem!
    I get your point but WE are the Democratic Party. If the people who represent in government are telling us what the consequences are if we don’t vote and we’ve lived through the the results of the GOP winning and we still don’t show up who’s to blame?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I get your point but WE are the Democratic Party. If the people who represent in government are telling us what the consequences are if we don’t vote and we’ve lived through the the results of the GOP winning and we still don’t show up who’s to blame?
    Don't get me wrong, I am not absolving voters of their share of the blame. I constantly stress to people the importance of voting locally. Also contributing to campaigns out of state that could be flipped, if you live in a state that's pretty hemmed up, like I do.

Say what you will about the GOP, they do not fail to get their base exited to vote. And I think the DNC could sure learn a thing or two about that.

Since I did that screen cap a few hours ago, another poll came out by PPP which gives Biden a 7 point lead in Florida. It will take a lot of voter suppression to keep the Sunshine state red.
    I'm not super confident about FL going blue.

Trafalgar Group has Trump +3 with registered voters in FL.

It's just going to be close there.

Pennsylvania on the other hand ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-30-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, I just don't see Florida going blue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I really think they should have impeached Trump.
    They did impeach Trump. The gutless GOP would not convict in the Senate. Hell, they didn't really hold a trial.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!