Page 741 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24164169173173773873974074174274374474575179184112411741 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 75153

What is this was Trump's plan? He couldn't duck the debates without looking weak, so he turns the first into a **** show to get the other two debates cancelled.

That said, I don't really think that the guy honestly buys that he is eight points down.

It's like you would be asking him to rethink his hairstyle. He can't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What is this was Trump's plan? He couldn't duck the debates without looking weak, so he turns the first into a **** show to get the other two debates cancelled.
    Again...

"Plan"?

It ain't in this guy's bag of tricks.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Rachel Maddow just said this:

Trump is not running against Biden. Trump is running against the election.

That... that makes sense. He's running against democracy itself, lest it replaces him.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Rachel Maddow just said this:

Trump is not running against Biden. Trump is running against the election.

That... that makes sense. He's running against democracy itself, lest it replaces him.
    Yeah he can't win the game so he's going to sabotage it. Throw the rules out the window and declare himself the winner.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    While I know I already mentioned this, they need Nino Brown and the dog to moderate any further debates Trump takes part in.

Come to think of it...

Just give the moderator a button that plays "Yakety Sax" over whoever will not zip it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    OMG, I feel like I had to cleanse my senses. Yeah, this is the worst debate I've seen and of course most of that is Trump's fault.
    The Trump-Hillary debates were worse. Unlike HRC, Biden managed to get in policy details at least. He did lay out clearly that his climate plan was creating plans and people heard phrases like "v-shaped" and "k-shaped" economic recovery plans. Most importantly, climate change was on the table for the first time in any presidential debate in 20 years. Solid stuff about foreign policy with Biden talking about Bolsonaro's Brazil insanity and how America being in the Paris Peace Accords can put a stop to that. Hillary's debates was about defending her emails, defending herself from Trump's lies, and it basically became about personality. Personality did play a role but Biden constantly pivoted it to the American people to the American voters. Him saying, "I am the democrat party right now" is part of that. Whereas Hillary's campaign never totally pivoted to party the way Biden did.

One point I wish Biden had thought quicker was when Trump said that Biden did poorly in school. Trump has threatened any institution with legal action if they released his academic records. Michael Cohen testified to Congress Biden should have come back with that, show us your transcripts and your tax returns.
    I don't know, Biden's reticence made him come off as sympathetic and Trump the bully. Now people will see any kid who got bullied by senior upperclassmen in Biden, and you get a clear demonstration of Biden's attempt to be Scranton, PA versus Park Avenue.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Trump got a better education than Biden (who didn't go to Ivy League) and he blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If Biden was more aggressive, people would've called him unhinged and unfit to be president (despite Trump exhibiting all of those traits and more). I wish Biden had even dialed back the comments about Trump being a clown and a joke. I long for the days pre-Trump where presidents had at least a sliver of dignity.
    There were a few moments that I think were completely unintentional moments of Biden's complete lack of respect for Trump bleeding to the surface. He even looked a little shocked that he just outright called Trump a clown. Still a lot more reserved than I could have ever hoped to been.

Colbert:"I felt like I did after Phantom Menace, I have to sit through 2 more of these!?"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Colbert:"I felt like I did after Phantom Menace, I have to sit through 2 more of these!?"
    And the Phantom Menace was the best one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    And the Phantom Menace was the best one.
    Prequelista here...They are all good, but Revenge of the Sith is a masterpiece.

Well, I know I won't call Chris Wallace to moderate a debate about the Star Wars prequels, based on tonight.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, I know I won't call Chris Wallace to moderate a debate about the Star Wars prequels, based on tonight.
    At least you get a legit question about climate change in tonight's debate.