Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Andrew Yang tweets:
    “If they raided his home just to find classified documents he took from The White House,” one legal expert noted, “he will be re-elected president in 2024, hands down. It will prove to be the greatest law enforcement mistake in history.”

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...89150687072256
    Effin' LOL.

Andrew Yang's tweets denounce the FBI raid on Maralago property.

Andrew Yang says:
    "I’m no Trump fan. I want him as far away from the White House as possible. But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment. This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution."

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...C-rbThw5srAAAA

He also says: "It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government. But literally no one will believe that or make a distinction. It’s probably bureaucratic but it seems political."

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...Cz-caGxJsrAAAA

So Andrew Yang believes the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago appears political. He's got a valid point. It IS political.
    Andrew Cuomo agrees.

https://twitter.com/andrewcuomo/stat...90308424028163

DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations.
    Though these guys are probably not the best messengers on this.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Again, Trump has the warrant and can make it public. So if it is over reach and he is innocent, why doesn't he?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

This is a big understatement.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Andrew Cuomo agrees.

https://twitter.com/andrewcuomo/stat...90308424028163

Andrew Cuomo doesn't stand for Trump. He just stands up for transparency and due process. I suspect that he is not the only democrat who is thinking this raid might be politically motivated. I expect President Biden, Attorney General Garland and the DOJ will offer a good explanation to justify the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My question is when do we start calling Trump, Greene and Kevin M far leftist nuts because of their defund The FBI talk?
    "These left-wing nutjobs want to defund the police, can you believe that?"

"We on the right only defund the police that investigate and catch us doing crimes."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Andrew Yang tweets:
    “If they raided his home just to find classified documents he took from The White House,” one legal expert noted, “he will be re-elected president in 2024, hands down. It will prove to be the greatest law enforcement mistake in history.”
    The equivalent of Trump's "some people say".

Andrew Cuomo doesn't stand for Trump. He just stands up for transparency and due process. I suspect that he is not the only democrat who is thinking this raid might be politically motivated. I expect President Biden, Attorney General Garland and the DOJ will offer a good explanation to justify the raid.
    Wasnt the raid explained as getting back all the highly classified documents that Trump refused to give back? What more explanation do you need?

Since when does the DOJ need to explain the details of a warrant or ongoing investigation to you, me or anyone while that investigation is still going on? Just to appease some Trumper Nut Jobs and Andrew yang? Give me a break.

And Biden has nothing to explain. This was an action by the FBI and DOJ not Biden.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Trump has a copy of the warrant, if the raid was unjustified, he merely needs to make the warrant public.

I have to wonder why you don't want Trump prosecuted for his crimes? Does it ruin your "both sides are the same" scenario?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Wasnt the raid explained as getting back all the highly classified documents that Trump refused to give back? What more explanation do you need?

Since when does the DOJ need to explain the details of a warrant or ongoing investigation to you, me or anyone while that investigation is still going on? Just to appease some Trumper Nut Jobs and Andrew yang? Give me a break.

And Biden has nothing to explain. This was an action by the FBI and DOJ not Biden.
    And, by the by, unless this tidbit has already been mentioned, the FBI is currently being run by Christopher Wray, a Trump appointee.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Again, Trump has the warrant and can make it public. So if it is over reach and he is innocent, why doesn't he?
    He's probably holding on to it to see how things play out.

Two analysts during a panel discussion on CNN a short time ago:

"35% of the electorate is going to be electrified by this [raid]. I think he's having a good day, actually."

"This, I am hoping, goes beyond simply not complying with some archive laws or the DOJ just handed Trump the nomination and potentially the Presidency. If it's seen as a massive overreach, not something incredibly serious, this is a good day for Donald Trump."

I agree and this is why I said they better find something because anything short of an arrest is going to jeopardize the midterms even more. Trump's base will be reignited and considering many of the Trump-endorsed candidates have won their primaries, it's a huge gamble being taken 3 months before the midterms. That's why some Democrats like Cuomo and Yang are starting to sound the alarm on this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Andrew Yang's tweets denounce the FBI raid on Maralago property.

Andrew Yang says:
    "I’m no Trump fan. I want him as far away from the White House as possible. But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment. This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution."

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...C-rbThw5srAAAA

He also says: "It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government. But literally, no one will believe that or make a distinction. It’s probably bureaucratic but it seems political."

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...Cz-caGxJsrAAAA

So Andrew Yang believes the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago appears political. He's got a valid point. It IS political.
    I love how you quote Yang as if he's some great get. To borrow a movie quote: "He's not even a has-been. He's a never-was."

A federal judge signed off on a warrant brought to them by an FBI headed by a Trump appointee. You don't get that unless there is strong evidence of a crime. The FBI is under no obligation to release any information to the public at this time, especially if they are in the middle of an investigation. So as many others here and elsewhere have said, Trump has a copy of the warrant and he's free to release it to the press. Unless he thinks it might incriminate him or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

"35% of the electorate is going to be electrified by this [raid]. I think he's having a good day, actually."

"This, I am hoping, goes beyond simply not complying with some archive laws or the DOJ just handed Trump the nomination and potentially the Presidency. If it's seen as a massive overreach, not something incredibly serious, this is a good day for Donald Trump."

I agree and this is why I said they better find something because anything short of an arrest is going to jeopardize the midterms even more. Trump's base will be reignited and considering many of the Trump-endorsed candidates have won their primaries, it's a huge gamble being taken 3 months before the midterms. That's why some Democrats like Cuomo and Yang are starting to sound the alarm on this.
    That is a good point. It's on the Democrats now to keep their base energized so they show up in November.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That is a good point. It's on the Democrats now to keep their base energized so they show up in November.
    This is true, it was true before and truer now. It has always been such. The fact is if young people, who lean more liberal, showed up in the same percentages as older voters, the Dems would be swept into office. Getting young people to vote is a big. One hopes the draconian, christo-fascist abortion laws get them off their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

If you are suggesting that the timing of the FBI raid was ill-timed, you might be correct. Maybe the FBI should have done it after the midterms. You all saw and heard many of the Republicans' outrage over the FBI raid already.