Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Never forget that one of the reasons Chappelle walked off his Comedy Central show was because he grew uncomfortable with certain members of the audience laughing AT Black people instead of with Black people.

What he's doing now laughing at Trans people is just terrible.

That was what he claimed then but as I posted months ago , a new article detailed Chappelle almost returned to do the show. In fact it was Comedy Central who when they aired the short 3rd season against his wishes it killed him ever returning then.

This also details that yes the above is true but a bigger factor was ...Chappelle was starting to hate the insane fame he had gained. That he'd go do stand up and people would scream out lines from the show (which he called them stupid) . That he felt trapped by the shows success and he couldn't live a normal existence anymore.

https://***********/vulnerable-man/w...n-2f39d8b5a466

In fact from one mid 2000's comedy special Chappelle joked about the whole deal where people would yell lines from his show at him. How it irked him and one was detailing how he took his children to Disney World. There a guy dressed as Mickey Mouse would repeatedly go...'I'm Rick James , B-tch !" Dave was like...dude come on ! Not now with this sh-t Mickey !

So both reasons was a big factor on his leaving the show. The fact he hated people laughing at something like this (and his not happy with 3rd season material) and the insane fame he got from it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Here I think you're blaming Rowling for failing to stick to today's standards in a book series that concluded in 2007. It wasn't until 2019 that the Marvel Cinematic Universe, to go with a project with a similar scope and cultural impact, had an openly gay character in the films.
    2007, right? By then, we already had Will and Grace, Ellen, Brokeback Mountain, not to mention numerous novels featuring gay lead characters. Don't even try to tell me it was a different time. If she wanted to let us know that Dumbledore was gay, there are so many better ways she could have done it in story than telling us all after the fact.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    When it becomes obvious, for example, that a guy is setting out deliberately to say things that will hurt innocent people, I can’t see any reason to think “that’s okay, he’s a professional comic”.
    All cases are possible: a comedian that makes dubious humour that hurt a lot of people without caring or unintentionally, who is less and less funny and so on…

A priori, it is unintentional but I know at least a French comedian who never made me laugh and said awful things about a minority. He had his fans… Unless what is said is subject to the law, you cannot do anything. Well, eventually, he has been condamned for fraud.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That was what he claimed then but as I posted months ago , a new article detailed Chappelle almost returned to do the show. In fact it was Comedy Central who when they aired the short 3rd season against his wishes it killed him ever returning then.

This also details that yes the above is true but a bigger factor was ...Chappelle was starting to hate the insane fame he had gained. That he'd go do stand up and people would scream out lines from the show (which he called them stupid) . That he felt trapped by the shows success and he couldn't live a normal existence anymore.

https://***********/vulnerable-man/w...n-2f39d8b5a466

In fact from one mid 2000's comedy special Chappelle joked about the whole deal where people would yell lines from his show at him. How it irked him and one was detailing how he took his children to Disney World. There a guy dressed as Mickey Mouse would repeatedly go...'I'm Rick James , B-tch !" Dave was like...dude come on ! Not now with this sh-t Mickey !

So both reasons was a big factor on his leaving the show. The fact he hated people laughing at something like this (and his not happy with 3rd season material) and the insane fame he got from it.
    Oh, so Chapelle clearly understands his words can influence the behavior of people in negative ways and yet he continues to imply transwomen are 'fake women' and 'secret rapists'? Fascinating.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh, so Chapelle clearly understands his words can influence the behavior of people in negative ways and yet he continues to imply transwomen are 'fake women' and 'secret rapists'? Fascinating.
    There are people out there who will be influenced by what people say a lot. Its existed for years , as kids growing up in 90's in school we as kids all would do Beavis & Butthead. We even saw the show get heat for a kid who burned down his house inspired by the show.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...776-story.html

Your gonna see some people influenced by behavior and do that.

But your also gonna see people NOT do this and not walk up and harass a comedian on vacation or do acts like Beavis & Butthead do. That there will be people who aren't gonna be influenced by what they hear on TV , watch or anything. They will be able to understand a reality situation is a lot different than something they hear or watch.

(and people have blamed video games , music and other things for influencing mass shootings and more)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There are people out there who will be influenced by what people say a lot. Its existed for years , as kids growing up in 90's in school we as kids all would do Beavis & Butthead. We even saw the show get heat for a kid who burned down his house inspired by the show.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...776-story.html

Your gonna see some people influenced by behavior and do that.

But your also gonna see people NOT do this and not walk up and harass a comedian on vacation or do acts like Beavis & Butthead do. That there will be people who aren't gonna be influenced by what they hear on TV , watch or anything. They will be able to understand a reality situation is a lot different than something they hear or watch.

(and people have blamed video games , music and other things for influencing mass shootings and more)
    Ther point is what it says about Chapelle, not anything else. Chapelle is aware that his words can influence people, and he wields that influence with the express purpose of belittling trans people, knowing that some people will see that as a kind of permission. He doesn't care because he doesn't see LGBT identity as anything other than a piece of the oppressive white establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    All cases are possible: a comedian that makes dubious humour that hurt a lot of people without caring or unintentionally, who is less and less funny and so on…

A priori, it is unintentional but I know at least a French comedian who never made me laugh and said awful things about a minority. He had his fans… Unless what is said is subject to the law, you cannot do anything. Well, eventually, he has been condamned for fraud.
    But exactly the same points can be made about some one who is not a professional comedian.

They might not care. They might not be doing harm intentionally. Their intention might be to make people laugh…

And anyone can say what they like subject to various laws.

Basically I’m saying I really don’t understand why you (and many other people) see a great distinction between professional comedians and every one else. After all practically every one thinks they have a great sense of humour, and often trot out the line “I’m only joking”.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 05-23-2022 at 11:50 PM.

It was on this date in 2015 that “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” had a profile of Norman McAllister, whose legislative record was not the focus of our profile, as much as his arrest for sexually assaulting two women in a sex-for-rent scheme. One of the victims was believed to be an underage girl who worked as an intern for in the state capitol, and another was encouraged to have sex with some of the workers on his farm, with the incentive being that her rent would get even cheaper. For lack of a better term, Norman is scum, and the Vermont State Senate suspended him from the chamber in a 20-10 vote and will not be permitted to return unless the charges against him are dismissed (you’re reading this right, the GOP have not disowned him, and he did not resign). McAllister was eventually found guilty, though, is currently looking at a seven year prison sentence, and will have to register as a sex offender, which makes it pretty unlikely that he’ll be mounting a political comeback.

In both 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” presented profiles of former Illinois State Senator Kyle McCarter, who was originally appointed to office in 2009, and served three terms in office, winning re-election in 2014 by having the benefit of running unopposed. We’ve had him floating around our queue for quite some time now, starting around the time that we read about McCarter claiming he was punched in the chest by a Democratic State Senator back in 2011. The accused senator, Mike Jacobs, responded to the accusation by saying of McCarter, “I would say the senator is full of s***.” And considering no charges were ever filed, no video proof of this event in the Senate chamber seems to have come out of it, we would tend to agree. In his time in office, McCarter has appeared in the news cycle several times, most frequently because of his irrationally extreme opposition to LGBTQ rights. In October of 2011, not four months removed from his heated debate with Jacobs, McCarter submitted a bill to try to allow Catholic adoption agencies to refuse to place children in households with same sex parents, because he apparently thinks a child continuing to be an orphan is better than having two parents of the same gender. He’s also blocked anti-bullying legislation because it would protect LGBTQ students in public schools from being harassed and voted against a ban on gay conversion therapy on minors (even though the practice is considered a human rights violation by some) in the Illinois legislature. But on Valentine’s Day in 2013, Kyle McCarter truly became worthy of our attention. In the wake of the Illinois State Senate voting 34-21 to legalize same sex marriage, despite of McCarter’s ridiculous protests that doing so would force local flower shops and “marriage-related” businesses to close down (when in fact, if they were tolerant and accommodated gay couples, their business would soar),McCarter took to Facebook to seethe about the great majority of the chamber deciding it was time for marriage equality, writing, “To redefine marriage is discriminatory towards those who hold the sincerely held religious belief that it is a sacred institution between a man & a woman.” That’s right… LGBTQ couples being allowed to marry is discriminatory towards McCarter and all his straight pals. Or at least, he says it is, because he’s got things as backwards as they could ever possibly be. He spent the next year attempting to repeal the law, before finally giving up. Mind you, giving up still means he’s been trying to defend his “religious freedom” from “discrimination” by sponsoring the same sorts of “religious freedom” laws seen in Indiana and North Carolina (that have worked out so well for those states’ local economies). On other issues, McCarter says he is “pro-life without apologies”, and supports the potentially disastrous idea of establishing a flat tax. Kyle McCarter grew ambitious enough in this past election cycle to challenge U.S. House Rep. John Shimkus and relentlessly attacked Shimkus on his broken promise, long ago to only serve three terms in Congress, and now he’s on his eleventh term, citing his own dedication to that issue by saying he would not be running for office again in the 2018 midterms for a fourth term for his Illinois State Senate seat. He lost to Shimkus, by over twenty points in the 2016 GOP Primary. McCarter did not file for re-election by the deadline or the 2018 elections, but as we feared, in spite of his rampant homophobia, the Trump administration has nominated him to be Ambassador to Kenya, because of course they found employment for this bigoted ****stain.

On this date in 2019, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” profiled Peter Boykin, a 2018 candidate for District 58 in the North Carolina House of Representatives. Our first and most definitive evidence that Boykin might be a wee bit unbalanced is that he is a former webcam model paid to masturbate for money, is the founder of “Gays for Trump”, and wasn’t afraid to show his support for white nationalism in t photos. There’s also the fact that Boykin is so “LGBTQ-friendly” that he defends Mike Pence’s record on LGBTQ rights, calls transgender troops in the U.S. military “mentally challenged”, called for the “T” to be removed from LGBTQ, and warned that transgender military service members would use their service weapons to slaughter their fellow soldiers, saying, “People already have enough problems with PTSD, I don’t think it’s a good idea to give someone going through that type of change a weapon. They might snap and turn it on their fellow soldiers.” We’ll also add that Boykin has been an emcee for an Anti-Muslim hate group, Act for America, at events in North Carolina to fear-monger about Islam, where he gave big shout-outs to the white supremacist groups Identity Evropa and the militia group, the OathKeepers, and the Soldiers of Odin (another organization the Southern Poverty Law Center has identified as a hate group). Peter Boykin was crushed by over 50 points by Amos Quick, the Democratic incumbent in the 2018 elections. His candidacy will hopefully be the end of his fifteen minutes of fame, but we’re not going to be shocked if he’s dragged on Fox News when Donald Trump says something homophobic during the 2020 election campaign.

On this date in both 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” first profiled Mike Hill, who served three nonconsecutive terms in the Florida House of Representatives, spending his first two terms from 2013-2016 representing District 2, and after an ill-fated attempt at becoming a Florida State Senator in 2016, returned to win office in District 1 of the Florida House in 2018. During his current term in office, Hill has cosponsored HB 527, to prevent Florida’s cities from establishing “sanctuary cities” for immigrants, voted for SB 7030, to authorize firearms on schools campuses. But that’s not even close to what concerned us about Mike Hill as a legislator. When someone in the Republican Party writes a fetal heartbeat bill, we consider them an extremist. If that person then goes and tries amending a bill so that it outlaws abortion without exceptions for rape and incest, we’re already raising our eyebrows at the level of extremism they exhibit. That also includes Mike Hill.” At what age should a child be killed for the acts of the father? I have met a young lady whose mother was a rape victim. This lady is glad that her mother did not choose to abort her, but instead had her adopted. Life does not exist without God. As horrific the crimes of rape and incest are, who are we to tell God that He made a mistake by allowing a precious life to come from a terrible situation? "I place before you life and death.... choose life." Deut 30:19” But when they claim they’re doing so because “God spoke to them” and told them to, as Hill claims, we’re thinking that hearing voices telling them what to do should probably have them sat down for some counseling. "As plain as day, God spoke to me. He said 'that wasn't my bill,' talking about the heartbeat detection bill that I filed. He said 'that wasn't my bill.'" So of course he’s a “pro-life” Republican who supports people being able to call for religious exemptions to vaccination requirements, as well as being a supporter of the death penalty. Heck, he’s far more comfortable with execution than even that, as Mike Hill has “joked” with other Republican legislators about putting gay people to death based on his interpretations of a passage in Corinthians 1. When he was called on to apologize or resign over the matter, Hill indignantly claimed that he never made the statement (there’s audio recording that he did) and that he was victim of “social media lynching” over his “joke”. We are relieved to report that Mike Hill lost in the GOP primary for his seat in the 2020 elections, and now is no longer in office. As such, we will set aside his profile at this time to cover another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 1102-55, since this was established in July 2014.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Bob Good

Welcome to what is the 1102nd original profile here at “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Bob Good, the sitting U.S. House Representative in Virginia’s 5th Congressional District, who was first elected in the 2020 elections after upsetting former Congressman and Bigfoot enthusiast Denver Riggleman. And while in a sane world, Good’s primary challenge would have centered on attacking his oppoent for his weird hobby of writing whole diatribes about the gentialia side of a sasquatch, it wasn’t the fascination with cryptid wang that Good went on the attack about. You see, Bob Good attended Liberty University on a wrestling scholarship once upon a time, and rose to become the Evangelical college’s associate athletic director. And with the hypocritical academy’s concept of Christianity motivating him, Bob Good skewered Denver Riggleman for the unforgivable Republican sin of officiating a gay wedding for two of his aides. Because everyone at Liberty is taught honoring marriage is the most important thing, and that’s why the place was being run by Jerry Falwell Jr., who was not at all a hypocrite about the sanctity of marriage, no sir.

Well, that wasn’t ALL that Bob Good campaigned on, he also hid his assets from his stock portfolio on financial reports until the absolute last minute of the campaign, and giving the red meat to his voting base in the form of blatant and unflinching transphobia.

With Riggleman out of the way, Bob Good continued campaigning for a safely red Congressional seat in Virginia, and won with 52% of the vote over Democratic candidate Cameron Webb in the general election. But Good was not content to have just had the good fortune to have won a Congressional seat, and was chafing at the thought of Donald Trump being forced from power and replaced with Joe Biden. So it was that he embraced “The Big Lie”, which certainly no Evangelical stalwart would bear false witness, right?

This motherf***er came to break the Commandment about bearing false witness for sure on December 14th, 2020. Sure, he opened up by talking about how the election was “stolen” from Donald Trump, but while he was it it, he also caimed that it was a “hoax” and that the media and Democrats conspired to use Covid-19 to “steal the election”, while encouraging the maskless crowd to reject mask mandates. We quote:
    The media followed up, and Good started comparing Covid-19 to a car crash, musing that we don’t ban cars because people die in those. To which, smart people noted that things like seat belts exist as a regulatory measure to prevent unnecessary deaths, THE SAME WAY MASKS WOULD.

So what does this freshman lawmaker’s voting record look like? Exactly like you’d expect:

So now, we should talk about Bob Good’s experiences with sedition. Yes, he was pushing “The Big Lie” prior to January 6th, 2021, and on the day of the attack, at least two members of his staff were filmed alongside the domestic terrorists who entered the Ellipse at the Capitol, and not in a way that looked like they were just showing up to work that day. And only weeks after the attack, Bob Good spoke at a local event by the “Bedford County Militia” (and remember, “militia” is a nice way of saying “domestic terrorism”), and lamented how unfair it is that people consider the word “militia” a negative thing.

They say when someone shows you who they are, believe them, and we fully believe that Bob Good is a hypocritical, seditious, theocratic lunatic who has no understanding of how politics should work, and the country will be better off figuring that out and putting a boot in his ass at the voting booth sooner, rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    But exactly the same points can be made about some one who is not a professional comedian.

They might not care. They might not be doing harm intentionally. Their intention might be to make people laugh…

And anyone can say what they like subject to various laws.

Basically I’m saying I really don’t understand why you (and many other people) see a great distinction between professional comedians and every one else. After all practically every one thinks they have a great sense of humour, and often trot out the line “I’m only joking”.
    You’re right: professional or not, a human can have hidden motives or motives he/she is not aware of… What I say is just we are more prone to give the benefit of doubt to professionals because it’s their job to walk on thin ice…

If someone is nasty on purpose, you feel it in your heart, I think…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

If someone is nasty on purpose, you feel it in your heart, I think…
    Yes, that is exactly it. (And actually, I do accept your point that it’s reasonable to tend to give some one greater tolerance depending on a cocktail of things like their job, life experience, their health and so on. We all display greater tolerance for ancient relatives, for example. Mind you, now almost none of my relatives are older than I, that’s become easy for me…now I’m the recipient of extra tolerance.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 05-24-2022 at 01:49 AM.

Ther point is what it says about Chapelle, not anything else. Chapelle is aware that his words can influence people, and he wields that influence with the express purpose of belittling trans people, knowing that some people will see that as a kind of permission. He doesn't care because he doesn't see LGBT identity as anything other than a piece of the oppressive white establishment.
    Yup. And here's the thing, let me be clear about this from the start -- I don't have any kind of "celebrity worship" about anybody, in fact being famous is by itself going to detract some points in my mind, because I don't think anybody gets there without being at least a bit of diva who needs to be in the spotlight, but my bias there aside, my point is -- I have said I was a big fan of Chappelle's, and a part of that really was that he is a black man born in the same year as me, so when his topical and social/observational humor was (in my opinion) brilliantly insightful and funny at the same time ... I mean, yeah, given up to the beginning of his "comeback phase" or whatever, I was totally Team Dave ... like, this guy's humor makes sense to me, he seems smart and ethical and above all good at his craft, so how can I not be on his side?

... so yeah, pretty disappointing, to realize that he would apparently want to target me for ridicule and suspicion, if we happened to actually be anywhere around each other. I mean, it's whatever, in the sense that his opinion (at base) is no greater than anyone else's, so sure, he's entitled to be a bigoted jackass in this particular area...

But yeah, since he does happen to have an audience of millions, kind of fair if people say when they don't like what he's saying about them. That's not "cancelling".
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Meanwhile, conservatives are literally trying to negate the very existence of trans children.

Meanwhile, conservatives are literally trying to negate the very existence of trans children.
    Statistically speaking, at least a few of them either have trans children of their own or close relatives (nieces, nephews, etc) who are trans..

If that's the case, it's gonna come out eventually.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.