Page 862 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 36276281285285885986086186286386486586687291296213621862 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The best way to count is to look at year over year deaths. This is fairly consistent in terms of death by cancer, heart disease, car accidents etc... There are about 300,000 excess deaths in 2020 compared to the last five years. So yes.
    Of course, the true believers will tell you that lockdowns killed people, not the virus.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The point is this virus has killed more people than it should and can keep killing people. The problem is the guy currently in charge clearly cannot take it seriously.

Note: Agreed with Hillary compassion. This time, everyone gotta vote. Just, you have to. But, just hope that this stuff turns out different than 16.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Just like with Hillary, people are giving Biden a premature win. I'm concerned some people won't vote because they feel confident Biden will win.
    I already voted, and my wife did as well for the first time in ages (probably apathy from being in MY for most of her life). So that's two votes against Benedict Donald in Nevada. I can't speak for the other few million residents though, although I live in a very conservative part of.the state - our assembly rep is going to be GoP as he ran unopposed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I already voted, and my wife did as well for the first time in ages (probably apathy from being in MY for most of her life). So that's two votes against Benedict Donald in Nevada. I can't speak for the other few million residents though, although I live in a very conservative part of.the state - our assembly rep is going to be GoP as he ran unopposed.
    It's not whether or not people will vote to get the orange menace out of the office. It's whether or not their votes will matter at all.

I am just mentally preparing myself for the flood of lawsuits filed by Trump to get votes disqualified. And snice it is a sure thing he will control the SC he is sure to win these lawsuits.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The best way to count is to look at year over year deaths. This is fairly consistent in terms of death by cancer, heart disease, car accidents etc... There are about 300,000 excess deaths in 2020 compared to the last five years. So yes.
    That's what a few doctors have been pointing out, and one would expect that causes by various accidents and other infectious diseases would be less due to business closures and people staying home and away from each other.

Ideally, this flu season should be mild, but it seems likely that restrictions will begin to lift before we have a vaccine for Covid and during the time when flu infections usually rise. So, depending on who will manage the nation's response, we could face another chaotic mess with simultaneous flu and covid cases filling hospitals and clinics and spreading in schools, apartment complexes and businesses.
    Last edited by A Small Talent For War; 10-17-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am just mentally preparing myself for the flood of lawsuits filed by Trump to get votes disqualified. And snice it is a sure thing he will control the SC he is sure to win these lawsuits.
    This is why we need a Biden landslide in the EC.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee boycotted a virtual hearing on the spread of online misinformation and the resulting threats to democracy Thursday, citing security concerns about holding the meeting online. The meeting was unclassified and featured testimony from nongovernment experts about the risks posed by the rapid expansion of the QAnon conspiracy theory and the role of elected officials, including President Trump, in spreading unverified rumors.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...203638644.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not whether or not people will vote to get the orange menace out of the office. It's whether or not their votes will matter at all.
    "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."

Scary words to contemplate happening here.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well he's now saying if he loses he may leave the country. And I have to agree it's a terrifying thing to think about. Hopefully, for all their stupidity the other justices will do their job. Amy, like Kavanaugh, will be watched like a hawk.

Fantastic Member

From an outsider's perspective (the UK), I should point out that it's in Trump's best interest that Biden voters start to think like that. Underconfidence is just as useful as overconfidence when trying to convince people to not vote.

I'm not saying that worry is illegitimate, but it's irrelevant if Biden voters don't vote in the first place. Keep it in mind, but don't let it consume you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    From an outsider's perspective (the UK), I should point out that it's in Trump's best interest that Biden voters start to think like that. Underconfidence is just as useful as overconfidence when trying to convince people to not vote.

I'm not saying that worry is illegitimate, but it's irrelevant if Biden voters don't vote in the first place. Keep it in mind, but don't let it consume you.
    We are very well aware of it. Most Biden voters I know would say to continue as if Biden is behind. And we are also well aware that Trump and the GOP will cheat and suppress the vote as much as they can. So we are voting like our lives depend on it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    According to 270toWin, Biden leads in Pennsylvania 49 % to 44%. Most of Biden's support is from the urban corridor in the east, including Philly while Trump has the west, mockingly known as "Pennsyltucky". Considering Trump won the state by less than one percent in 2016, these numbers are encouraging, even to someone like me who has little trust in polls.
    That’s good news, for outside of Florida, all the political pundits are citing your state as the key battleground to winning the election.
    It’s why Trump’s been pouring all those defense contracts into PA, in hopes of getting those steel smelters fired up, particularly in rural counties.

You are also correct on Pennsyltuckyville, as he pretty much mopped up rural counties in Western Pennsylvania, and apparently the North East as well?

I’ll avoid posting the decline in union representation in your state (Which I think is significant reason for the growth of red state PA) but the state still makes me nervous because of the white phantom vote.

Non Hispanic white people without bachelor’s degrees make up 55 percent of Pennsylvania’s population age 25 or older, and Trump accelerated their migration to the Republican Party in 2016. According to the Center for American Progress, the turnout rate among these voters increased from 53.0 percent in 2012 to 57.4 percent in 2016 — and they went from voting for Mitt Romney by 20.3 points to voting for Trump by 28.6 points.

That’s over an 8% increase in one demographic alone. So if you live in Philadelphia, please get out there and support your local candidate if you haven’t already, Philly came up short for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    They deny it. Some of them are hyper conservative right winged “ Christian” in the sense they want white God and ya to bow to him. And another is too ignorant, does not care and just says “ look at what he did!”

The last example only watches Fox News.

Yeah they claim the Media is biased, but that **** eta brains. I swear I hear “ this is the no spin zone” and I am like “ but that’s the **** they are doing though.”
    Of course they do. Their president has been discrediting the media since day one, and this is why.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Just like with Hillary, people are giving Biden a premature win. I'm concerned some people won't vote because they feel confident Biden will win.
    I am really tired of that trope.

NOBODY WILL FEEL LIKE THAT THIS YEAR! ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!