Page 863 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 36376381385385986086186286386486586686787391396313631863 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 75153

My girlfriend and I already filled out our absentee ballots. I handed them personally to the postal worker as I had to buy stamps at the same time. Fortunately, I haven't heard about any shenanigans regarding absentee ballots in my state.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    My girlfriend and I already filled out our absentee ballots. I handed them personally to the postal worker as I had to buy stamps at the same time. Fortunately, I haven't heard about any shenanigans regarding absentee ballots in my state.
    The shenanigans will come when Trump goes to his new super majority Supreme Court and has them stop the counting of mail in votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Just like with Hillary, people are giving Biden a premature win. I'm concerned some people won't vote because they feel confident Biden will win.
    I don’t think that will happen this year. There is excitement/fear/desperation in the Democratic voters that I haven’t seen before. People waiting in line for up to 11 hours to vote on the very first day of early voting. No where near the apathy the Dems had in 2016. I don’t think voter turnout will be an issue this year. What we have to be concerned with is voter suppression tactics and Trump’s “poll watchers” on Election Day.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-17-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The best way to count is to look at year over year deaths. This is fairly consistent in terms of death by cancer, heart disease, car accidents etc... There are about 300,000 excess deaths in 2020 compared to the last five years. So yes.
    This can get messy because many of the excess deaths are going to people who weren't infected by COVID.

There are some areas where there is a significant increase in opioid overdoses.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...d-overdose.pdf

Some of that is going to be due to the consequences of the pandemic (general anxiety, loneliness after social distancing, unemployment as a result of shutdowns) which may have different policy implications.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The whole point is if X equals the standard amount of death expected, then Y is anything above X. There's a whole capital Y sitting over a very small X right now.

Suicides, substance related death, lack of access to hospitals, cancer patients not being seen, diagnosed etc have all been factored in. That's what they're talking about not being counted as lives lost to Covid. Covid adjacent deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Defeat in the midterms in 2022, that might convince them that their brand of politics is done.

But it will take repeated defeats. 2020 -- 2022 midterms -- 2024.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 2022 midterms, and coming elections. The people hoping for Republican destruction may end up disappointed.

Historically, midterms tend to go poorly for the party in the White House. In the House, there are certainly going to be a lot of vulnerable Democrats, as the party has been doing pretty well.

One hope for Democrats is that there are some indications that it might not be that Trump is dragging down Republicans, but that Republicans may be less popular than Trump. There are numerous polls showing Republican Senators underperforming Trump. That will make it tougher for the party to bounce back.

We also don't know what Trump is going to do. Unpopular Presidents in the past have tended to do what they could to avoid hurting their party's candidates, but Trump has no such restraint, and there is some speculation that he might try to run in 2024, which would make it easier to frame the 2022 midterms as a referendum on Trump VS Biden.

We don't know what the policy controversies are going to be. In the likely event of a vaccine, how quickly will the economy bounce back? What policies will Democrats push for that will upset swing voters?

2024 is also likely to be an open election. I suspect Kamala Harris is the overwhelming favorite to be the Democratic party's candidate, so it'll be interesting to see how the voters feel about her at the top of the ticket, as well as what the Republicans decide to do. It's the party that nominated Trump, but it's also the party that nominated McCain and Romney.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This can get messy because many of the excess deaths are going to people who weren't infected by COVID.

There are some areas where there is a significant increase in opioid overdoses.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...d-overdose.pdf

Some of that is going to be due to the consequences of the pandemic (general anxiety, loneliness after social distancing, unemployment as a result of shutdowns) which may have different policy implications.
    True but that is an estimated 5,000 to 6,000 more deaths from opiods. And could be offset by car accident deaths down due to people staying home more. And it is still a small part of the nearly 60,000 to 70,000 excess deaths this year.
    There is little chance that COVID deaths are not being undercounted.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I dont agree with censorship. But when I watched Fox News this morning I saw a hell of a strong case for it.

They are going on about how no way there could be 8 million cases of Covid in the USA since it started. That number is made up and inflated by Biden and Pelosi. And if masks really worked as people said then no way could there be that many cases or a surge that is going on right now. Or if masks worked that assistant who works for Harris would not have gotten it.

If there is such a fit about misinformation right now. We want to crack down on facebook and Twitters. Why is not one doing anything about Fox and the lies they spread? I am done with network. They are no longer talking heads at this point who give opinions or points of view. They are spreading Misinformation on a deadly virus and doing it despite the facts and it is getting people killed and it shouldnt be a allowed to go on. My aunt and her Trumper friends say if Cnn can tell people to wear masks then Fox has every right to tell people not to wear masks. Are you Fucking Kidding me?

I try to watch all the news channels. At least Cnn, MSNBC, and Fox News. And the national news at 630 on NBC. I want to know who said what and when they said it. I just cant with Fox News any more.

I took WBE advice. I blocked it on the tv in my main room. if my aunt wants to watch it she has to stay in her room.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-17-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I have heard folks wearing Alpha Kappa Alpha clothing are being turned away from voting.

I WONDER why????

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So according to NY Post polling for Biden is slipping due to Hunter Biden deal. So it appears America learned nothing of 4 years ago and we will see another 4 years of absolute **** ahead. Thanks for not learning a damn thing here if this happens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So according to NY Post polling for Biden is slipping due to Hunter Biden deal. So it appears America learned nothing of 4 years ago and we will see another 4 years of absolute **** ahead. Thanks for not learning a damn thing here if this happens.
    Given it was the NY Post's story and they're still angry at Twitter for having it removed, I'd wait until other polling backs them up until I take that seriously.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

According to the rag that ran the BS story? I’m not buying it. The vast majority of people have already made up their mind and as of yesterday, 22 million votes have already been cast. The only people who care about Hunter Biden are hardcore Trump cultists.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Given it was the NY Post's story and they're still angry at Twitter for having it removed, I'd wait until other polling backs them up until I take that seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    According to the rag that ran the BS story? I’m not buying it. The vast majority of people have already made up their mind and as of yesterday, 22 million votes have already been cast. The only people who care about Hunter Biden are hardcore Trump cultists.

I hate to see a replay of 2016. Its why I have always said ...no one should get cocky and believe its a DONE DEAL. Like a NFL game or Super Bowl as we saw this year , just because a team believes they are ahead in the final quarter. Doesn't mean a Pat Mahomes moment can't happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Yep. Especially given they're basically a tabloid. (In the UK an extremely untrustworthy newspaper).

I've lost count of the number of times that the Daily Express for example said Trump was winning in polls (as well as wild claims that a meteor was about to hit the planet.)

Mighty Member

While I don't like it, that's on Joe for not reigning his son in. After Poleski got ambushed at the salon everyone in the Biden campaign should know better than to give any excuse to Donny's croneys. IDK why he took a computer to the repair show instead of just buying a new one. Or why he expected them to not scrub the whole thing for any evidence against him and his father. At this point anyone connected to Joe should consider the whole of America against them because Donny's supporters are everywhere and they will use any slip to destroy Biden. This is a war and everything from espionage to assassination is on the table to the cons. The dems will either put defenses in or they will aid the cons in destroying America. The stakes are too large to trust anyone not to be an enemy agent. Kindness and trust are luxuries that can comeback after the election.