Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    As if I am arguing that Vaccines don't save lives. It is policy that I am questioning and its effectiveness. https://www.worldometers.info/corona...sa/california/

Masking not so much. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ Yes CA was strict on masks yet what happened or is happening. PS I don't identify as right winger.
    Google "Covid Deaths" and look at the charts for When Covid happened in the States. Raw numbers without context are meaningless.

Walks like a duck, Squawks like a duck
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-22-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I am just not seeing the larger strategy here of the Cheney, Kinzingers aside from local survival. There is money I suppose from the old guard and dark pacs but turning the tide?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Google "Covid Deaths" and look at the charts for When Covid happened in the States. Raw numbers without context are meaningless.

Walks like a duck, Squawks like a duck
    I said I don't identify, how you label me is yours and anarchists get misidentified all the time. As to Raw numbers tell that to the families and the utilitarians or are you only interested in policies that make you feel good and righteous?

I am just not seeing the larger strategy here of the Cheney, Kinzingers aside from local survival. There is money I suppose from the old guard and dark pacs but turning the tide?
    It's a strategy called "supporting democracy" and "rejecting fascism".

You should try it sometime.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Did he makes jokes that erased their identities and suggested that they're fake? Did he make jokes that *specifically aligned himself* with the nazis who are targetting them? Because, frankly, that's what he did with and to transgender individuals here. You keep missing this point: he *specifically aligned himself* with people who think that transgender individuals are *fake women* and *sexual predators* cosplaying women to *assault women*. That's what TERFism alleges.

When you get up on a stage in front of millions of people and say those things, then yes, you're contributing to transphobia. It'd be like a white guy getting on stage and declaring himself aligned with people who declare black people are more likely to commit a rape and that he thinks they have a point in some of their criticism of black people.

Imagine yourself in the shoes of a transgender person who doesn't know how nice Chapelle might be to them personally and just knows that Chapelle got on stage and said, "hey I'm team terf because they tried to cancel JK Rowling!'. Rowling, who has written fiction where a guy in a dress tries to murder women. Rowling, who has continually written anti-trans screeds. Nobody forced Chapelle to say that. It's hardly even close to 'edgy'. It's just a bigot who sees 'trans' as something that isn't an identity the way his being black is, and I'm sorry, I'm not going to give him a pass for that because he's a comedian or a nice guy to a few trans associates in his personal life.

It is the nature of comedy to not age well. People need to accept this.
    Just like people need to accept the limit of identity politics as being something that isn't declarative but ascribed. TERFism as you describe it has a basis in physiology just as the assignment of race does otherwise what does one do with all the Hispanics that identify as white? Radical acceptance of every identity then has to include the racists too who see themselves by what they declare.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    As a historical footnote, those westernmost counties of Maryland are in fact nearly geographically separate from the rest of the State. The northern border of western Maryland is the latitude parallel at about 39.72 degrees and its southern boundary is the Potomac River. In Colonial times it wasn't altogether certain whether the Potomac's northernmost point might not in fact be slightly north of that parallel, thereby dividing Maryland into two non-contiguous pieces! In the 1760s the British surveying team of Mason and Dixon established their famous "line" to follow that parallel all the way to the western border of Pennsylvania, and they determined that the Potomac does actually stay south of that parallel, by about 1.8 miles at its closest approach. So those westernmost counties are physically, if not politically, connected to the rest of Maryland - but just barely!
    I just got back from a trip to the eastern seaboard, which included driving around and staying in Maryland. Its funny, but the geography does actually somehow make sense and it not all that confusing close up. Mainly due to all the rivers, they serve as natural political boundaries and there is no way most of those smaller state boundaries make sense without them. When I was standing at Harper's Ferry, looking at where the Potomac and Shenandoah come together, it really made sense. The river do kind of move and evolve, but mostly they are pretty much not going to move all that much at this point.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    At Axel Springer, Politico’s New Owner, Allegations of Sex, Lies and a Secret Payment

I didn't realize that an overseas business was buying up US news media.
    Springer media has been a pox on my country since shortly after the war. They quite literally have blood on their hands with the way they radicalized right wingers against the student movements of the late 60s and they have been spreading "fake news" since long before the Internet existed. I'm glad that Reichelt got fired over these revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's a strategy called "supporting democracy" and "rejecting fascism".

You should try it sometime.
    LoL as if there is a major party that does that?

LoL as if there is a major party that does that?
    See, this would be the part where you would see a person defending Republicans would insist they're not fascist, and the statement made was hyperbolic.

But, you're telling us who they are by not denying it... and instead trying the "BOTH SIDES!" tactic. (Democrats are clearly not fascist.)

I'm just of the philosophy of, "When people show you who they are, believe them."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    See, this would be the part where you would see a person defending Republicans would insist they're not fascist, and the statement made was hyperbolic.

But, you're telling us who they are by not denying it... and instead trying the "BOTH SIDES!" tactic. (Democrats are clearly not fascist.)

I'm just of the philosophy of, "When people show you who they are, believe them."

But.... But...Mask and Vaccine mandates!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Satire should ridicule corrupt power. But it can also be used simply to point out absurdities in society. For instance, I think it's absurd how many rap artists refer to themselves in the third person in their songs. Would it be wrong to do a satirical rap pointing out that bit of absurdity?
    If you make the joke about working rappers with recording contracts and money in the bank, it could be very funny.

If you pick on a 16 year old kid trying to break into the business, it would feel like bullying to me.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    If you make the joke about working rappers with recording contracts and money in the bank, it could be very funny.

If you pick on a 16 year old kid trying to break into the business, it would feel like bullying to me.
    Didn't we see American Idol for years literally do this with Simon Cowell ? The man gave 2 craps about feelings. Best deal was a mom who said her child had paid music lessons from a coach and Cowell responded... "Your wasting your money..."

Hell AI had weeks of these audition shows to show how terrible these young kids were.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Didn't we see American Idol for years literally do this with Simon Cowell ? The man gave 2 craps about feelings. Best deal was a mom who said her child had paid music lessons from a coach and Cowell responded... "Your wasting your money..."

Hell AI had weeks of these audition shows to show how terrible these young kids were.
    Do you have a point? Cowell was also a bully often.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I hate pointing out that one news company did cover the Youtuber who did go to protest and the whole sign situation. Which really could have went way worse than we saw once his sign was destroyed.

Yes...it was Fox News. Ugh....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...q-destroy-sign

The one aspect Fox breezes over is the danger once the sign was destroyed and the guy just had a stick. The moment the people who did this started yelling "he has a weapon.." which could have turned a peaceful protest into something else. Crowd could have swarmed the Youtuber assaulting him believing he was violent due to that. Or a cop if there could have responded believing this dude had a weapon etc. To his credit the Youtuber moved quick to realize what they were trying to do and threw the stick down and held his hands up.

One friend of mine who uses twitter (not a fan of that platform) detailed that the service was basically removing video clips of the sign situation as Variety , AP and others were trying to claim something else. People below would tweet responses of video clips....Twitter would remove them. Then more would do it. Finally Variety and AP adjusted some of what they posted to admit they were wrong about an aspect of the sign guy etc.

Now you can disagree with the sign guy and his buddies for sure. That is everyones right. You can say he was wrong to counter-protest for Chappelle. But we have to be fair and say everyone should be allowed to protest peacefully. Even if its like this. And yes it should have been covered and not just by....ugh Fox News.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.