Page 391 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2913413813873883893903913923933943954014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If Trump loses the next election i'm kinda wondering what you guys are going to talk about.

You love hating him so much, you are going to feel empty once he's out of office lol.
    Oh as soon as Trump is out of the way I’m going to be all over Biden like hawk. I just won’t have to worry about the world ending. It’s more about the usual shiftiness that America has never dealt with

There was no discussion of politics before January 2017. So I assume this thread will wither away.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-11-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'll pretty much stay the same. Bring up stupidity whenever it shows up in politics that others haven't gotten to already. I think I'll just be able to sleep easier knowing the current president won't try to destroy everything in the middle of the night.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile, with regular stupidity not including Trump, here's GOP Senator Josh Hawley complaining about NBA and how its promoting Chinese Communist Party interests.

A Republican senator accused the NBA of promoting the Chinese Communist Party's interests in a letter Friday over a new change in game-worn uniforms.

Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) sent the letter to blast "the league's apparent decision to strictly limit messages players can wear on their jerseys to a few pre-approved, social justice slogans while censoring support for law enforcement officers or the military and any criticism of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)."

Hawley criticized the NBA's July 3 decision to allow players to include messages on the backs of their jerseys. The reportedly approved list of slogans that was agreed upon by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association, the labor union representing players, include "Black Lives Matter," "Say Their Names," and "I Can't Breathe." These slogans have been widely used during the protests that took place across the country in the aftermath of the incident regarding George Floyd, who died on May 25 in police custody.

"Conspicuously missing from the list of approved phrases are any in support of the victims of the [CCP] including the people of Hong Kong, whose remaining freedoms are being extinguished by the CCP's newly-enacted national security law," Hawley said in his letter.

See? Plenty to discuss without Trump around. Stupid people don't just disappear when he leaves.

If Trump loses the next election i'm kinda wondering what you guys are going to talk about.

You love hating him so much, you are going to feel empty once he's out of office lol.
    I think for a lot of people here Trump has no impact on their political beliefs or decisions. They would be voting for the exact same candidates for state legislature, Congress or Governor if Mitt Romney were President.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I found a picture of Trump I think everyone here will love - you gotta love how shadows can change things for the camera.....

EcktkzSXsAA7ASX.jpg
    Dark does not mean deep.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Yes it's kind of boring, there is no interesting debates to engage in because everyone is pretty much on the left, where I'm more concerned about the unscientific, when politics starts to become religous or irrational.

There was the statue issue we resolved with a Bill Maher video, but I'm more concerned about Republican govenors (Texas/Florida) that seem intent on pursuing heard immunity despite the evidence coming back from Sweden's failure. I'm also super concerned about this growing nutter ideology in the United States being propagated by people like Alex Jones & Kayne West that COVID is a deep state hoax designed to take away your freedom. This is the epitome of irrationalism and denying scientific facts!...but alas, there is no one to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I've been on 12 hour shifts all week - I've missed some posts as a result.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've been on 12 hour shifts all week - I've missed some posts as a result.
    Oh, okay. I didn't realize. No problem from me.

The Missouri couple who pointed guns at Black Lives matter protesters do not seem to be nice people.

But public records and interviews reveal a fuller picture than emerged two weeks ago. They show the McCloskeys are almost always in conflict with others, typically over control of private property, what people can do on that property, and whose job it is to make sure they do it.

They filed a lawsuit in 1988 to obtain their house, a castle built for Adolphus Busch’s daughter and her husband during St. Louis’ brief run as a world-class city in the early 20th century. At the McCloskeys’ property in Franklin County, they have sued neighbors for making changes to a gravel road and twice in just over two years evicted tenants from a modular home on their property.

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.

It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.

The McCloskeys have filed many other lawsuits. They sued a man who sold them a Maserati they claimed was supposed to come with a box of hard-to-find parts. In one trip to the courthouse in November 1996, Mark McCloskey filed two lawsuits, one against a dog breeder whom he said sold him a German shepherd without papers and the other against the Central West End Association for using a photo of their house in a brochure for a house tour after the McCloskeys had told them not to.

“I guess we were saving gas,” he would quip in a deposition in another case about why he filed two lawsuits at once.

Mark McCloskey has run off trustees trying to make repairs to the wall surrounding his property, insisting that he and his wife own it. In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.

“The children were crying in school,” Rabbi Susan Talve said. “It was part of our curriculum.”
    There's more in the article about how they're terrible people.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'll criticize Biden occasionally the same way I occasionally criticized Obama. By that I mean civil constructive criticism. I, and I'm sure a few others, will be saying things like, "Biden made a mistake here, but he can fix it by doing this and this and this..."

Just keep in mind that I used the word "occasionally." That means that I probably won't be criticizing Biden as often as I currently criticize Trump. Of course, Biden won't be tweeting nine stupid things before breakfast.
    Watching television is not an activity.

There will always be other politicians, Federal, State, and local level politicians, as well as world leaders that will provide much to talk about.

I for one would be relieved to never have to waste a moment of brain space on him again.
    I say that, but I'm pretty sure he won't just disappear, and will continue to a very public national shame for years.