Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think you're responding to a point I haven't made. My comments were not on gay marriage. It was a response to people who think Loving V. Virginia and Brown V. Education are likely to be reversed.

Before I express an opinion on contentious political issues, I would like to know what I've said that is so outrageous that people are calling me a right-wing troll.
    You are asking me to respond to a comment I did not make, I didn't so you will have to talk to them. So what is your opinion on this ruling, and Gay Marriage, and gun laws in your State and Miranda?
    And while we are at it, are you supporting anti-abortion, Trumper Lee Zeldin for Giovernor? (Who will pardon Trump in NY if he gets elected)

Or do you just want to stick with some conjectures some made and avoid talking about what is actually happening?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Speaking of this whole thing, let's not forget the moment that kid is born, the moment that the mom or anyone tries to get help, and God forbid the mom is not perfect, the GOP start to scream bloody murder about lazy and entitled women and Welfare Queens, and getting a job where they can't make enough money and oh yeah, three jobs and you can't watch your kid time to call DCFS on their ass. Not to mention the Foster care system. And adopting a kid. Its all **** you, your on your own after the kid is born.

In regard to the pope, the pro life thing extends beyond the idea of just a baby and more fore the child's full existence. So like welfare for ghe child, express care for the mother and community care to the baby, all things he has pointed out that the right refuse to do, thus he's hated for that ****. But yes, anyone thinking that he's pro choice would be sad to learn he is not but its beyond roe v wade in the case of international Catholics vs the American Bishops who are passing off their own priests.

On a side Note. France thinks it has enough votes to push their abortion rights into codification or law. But the situation is still tricky because of how f***ing close LeSean came to winning.
    This is by design, the right wants a pipeline of minority children straight to prison so they can exploit their for profit prison system and prison labor (IE Slavery with extra steps). Rep. Miller's (you know, the one that quoted Hitler before) "victory for white life" comment was no mistake, the Republican party are the new Nazis.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I think you're responding to a point I haven't made. My comments were not on gay marriage. It was a response to people who think Loving V. Virginia and Brown V. Education are likely to be reversed.

Before I express an opinion on contentious political issues, I would like to know what I've said that is so outrageous that people are calling me a right-wing troll.
    I agree in part. With this court, as long as totally biased Clarence Thomas is alive, Loving won't be overturned. Three sane judges, John Roberts trying to hold the middle, and interracial married Thomas = five.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Question now is: does this hurt his election chances? In the Trump era of the GOP that's not a rhetorical question.
    He's no longer running -- amongst other consequences, thank goodness.

The Providence Police Department said in a statement on Twitter Saturday that it was "criminally investigating the behavior of an off-duty officer last evening during a protest where a female was assaulted. The officer has served for 3 yrs and placed on administrative leave w/pay this morning, pending a criminal investigation and administrative review."

The department confirmed in a later tweet that Lugo was "the off-duty officer involved in this incident."
    Lugo said in a now-unavailable tweet that he is stepping down from the state Senate race.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/26/us/rh...est/index.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And they're showing us they're not done with this s***, and pulling away rights.

Alito talked about undoing Loving v. Virginia (interracial marriage), Obergefell v. Hodges (gay marriage), Lawrence v. Texas (the right to have sex in your own home without it being a procreative act), and Griswold v. Connecticut (birth control). Clarence Thomas seconded that, omitting only the Loving decision because he didn't want to get Ginni tweaked, apparently.

Meanwhile, Texas Senator John Cornyn is out there thumping his chest and egging them on to undo Plessy v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of Education. Yeah, let's undo f***ing segregation in the 21st century.

These goons are burning everything good that's ever come from the judicial branch just to take glee in the rights of others being removed. That's it. There's not a doubt that it's what's best for this country's people, but LET'S OWN THESE LIBS!

So I'm gonna reserve my right to call taking human rights away from other people "evil", and if that's offensive to anybody, I'd revise your priorities.
    Clarence Thomas is a weirdo. Stared off wanting to be a priest, went to college after the death of King and was a protester against both racial discrimination and Vietnam war. He hates Yale because law firms he went to thought his degree wasn't earned, thus hating Afimative action. Influenced by Any Rand and the Fountainhead.

Dude has a weird thing where he gains that by taking away rights he can get Black people to abandon white hand outs snd form their own institutions. Also dis like same sex and interracial marriage because it means black babies are not being born.

According to Thomas, affirmative action is the most recent attempt by white people to brand and belittle black people as inferior. Affirmative action does not formally mirror the tools of white supremacy; for Thomas, it is the literal continuation of white supremacy
    In a poem he called "Is you is, or is you ain't, a brother?" he set out the obligations of black men to black women. Even in that milieu, Kevin Merida and Michael Fletcher reported in their 2007 biography, "Supreme Discomfort," Thomas's "edgy race consciousness" stood out. When [Thomas] saw an interracial couple strolling on campus, he'd loudly demand, "Do I see a black woman with a white man? How could that be?" Until 1986, when Thomas met Virginia Lamp, who is white and would become his second wife, he opposed interracial sex and marriage.
    https://www.***************.com/clar...rce=reddit.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think the backlash would be too great to the Party that passed it. There just isn't an appetite for it in this country. The only poll I found was 15 years old, but there 70% opposed mandatory voting. But making it easier is something we should do. Automatic registration at the least. Like the Voter/Motor Law which registers you with your drivers license.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I can't help but wonder if resistance to the idea is just because Americans simply don't like being told what to do? Perhaps it's viewed by that 70% as an "assault on their liberty" to be forced to do something, even if it benefits them.
    Yeah, I think it is amazing in this country how Republicans can get away with doing things that a large majority of people oppose (overturning Roe v Wade) or blocking efforts to do things which most Americans support (sensible gun laws) and suffer virtually no ill effects, yet if Democrats did something that was just as unpopular it would be a nail in their coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It does only seem like a short term fix to weaken the Trump judges, Alito and Thomas. Who is to say a future court will not have a similar majority? Do you then expand it to 20 judges?
    Not if each justice is tied to a Circuit Court of Appeals. That would cap the number of Justices at 13. It would probably be wise to limit the expansion of the Courts of Appeals before going ahead with this course of action, however.

People who think they will be safe from anti-abortion legislation in their state or are considering not voting for Democrats because they think that Dems just aren't doing enough should really pay attention to what is coming in 2024 if they choose to not vote.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Again. I did not call you a troll, you have responded to my comments and I am responding to yours. Not what somewhat else said. Let othewrs explain their comments about you, I can't. But seems you are avoiding a straight forward question. I'll start, these recent rulings are an abomination. You?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He's no longer running -- amongst other consequences, thank goodness.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/26/us/rh...est/index.html
    He needs to lose his job as a peace officer too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yeah, I think it is amazing in this country how Republicans can get away with doing things that a large majority of people oppose (overturning Roe v Wade) or blocking efforts to do things which most Americans support (sensible gun laws) and suffer virtually no ill effects, yet if Democrats did something that was just as unpopular it would be a nail in their coffin.
    Even voting for things that turned out to be popular, Like the ACA (which we KNEW people would end up liking) hurt them in the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Speaking of this whole thing, let's not forget the moment that kid is born, the moment that the mom or anyone tries to get help, and God forbid the mom is not perfect, the GOP start to scream bloody murder about lazy and entitled women and Welfare Queens, and getting a job where they can't make enough money and oh yeah, three jobs and you can't watch your kid time to call DCFS on their ass. Not to mention the Foster care system. And adopting a kid. Its all **** you, your on your own after the kid is born.

In regard to the pope, the pro life thing extends beyond the idea of just a baby and more fore the child's full existence. So like welfare for ghe child, express care for the mother and community care to the baby, all things he has pointed out that the right refuse to do, thus he's hated for that ****. But yes, anyone thinking that he's pro choice would be sad to learn he is not but its beyond roe v wade in the case of international Catholics vs the American Bishops who are passing off their own priests.

On a side Note. France thinks it has enough votes to push their abortion rights into codification or law. But the situation is still tricky because of how f***ing close LeSean came to winning.
    The head of the Church here in Cincinnati said this was a great victory and mothers and families should not worry because there is so much help out there for single mothers and poorer familes.

And I hope France is able to vote the right into law. I hope this makes every country that has these rights sit up and take notice. They need to make them law.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Even voting for things that turned out to be popular, Like the ACA (which we KNEW people would end up liking) hurt them in the election.
    Spite, alongside racism, is the great motivator of American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's a very kind reading of what he said, but he said "Now do Plessy vs Ferguson/Brown vs Board of Education." That's not saying it's good that decisions get overturned, that's saying it's time to revisit those decisions...which is evil.
    Hawley echoed the sentiment as well. Not yours, but Cornyn's.

Thomas explicitly calls out 3 cases to be revisited in his concurrence. The right for gay marriage, the right to access birth control, and the overturning of sodomy laws (which affect far more than just the LGBT crowd).

2 sitting US senators have openly questioned desegregation cases.

And at least one state senator has openly questioned Loving v Virginia.

Some might claim that Hawley, at least, was trying to troll Obama, but it might just as easily by the far right's favorite game of Schrödinger's Douchebag - make an outrageous claim, bask in the accolades while dismissing anyone who objects as being unable to take a joke.

The Republican party also has an established history of fringe views becoming mainstream with astonishing speed. The Tea Party used to be the fringe. Great Replacement theory used to be the extreme fringe, now a Fox News host pushes it almost nightly. Pizzagate used to be the province of what was dismissed as the "tinfoil hat crowd", now Qanon acts as if that wasn't going far enough, and sitting members of Congress openly support it.

If Mets think me considering Loving v Virginia as being under the gun is overreacting, then he is being willfully blind as to what his party has become. I don't think it will happen in the next 2 years (The GoP has other priorities), but if they can retake power, I give it less than 10 after that happens.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He needs to lose his job as a peace officer too.
    Well, he's on administrative leave and was arrested and being criminally investigated, so there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The head of the Church here in Cincinnati said this was a great victory and mothers and families should not worry because there is so much help out there for single mothers and poorer familes.
    Laughable, if it weren't so tragically wrong.

As usual, the Republicans make laws restricting women, but do nothing about helping children, or making men responsible.

Where's the law for, and enforcement, of "child" support from men upon conception (a ridiculous idea that is actually now a state law)?

Where's the law for, and enforcement, of pre-natal care and maternity leave?

Where's the law closing down the IVF clinics, with all their abandoned and discarded "pre-born"?

Where's the law for mandatory vasectomies?

And where the heck are all the people screaming about Sharia Law and the constitution while literally imposing Christian Fundamentalism "laws" in various states? What happened to separation of church and state, FFS?!

These hypocrites are beyond disgusting.

I have a question for WBE and for anyone else who can answer

Aside from Ron DeSantis, are there any other Republicans hinting at a possible run for President in 2024?

I'm trying to figure out how many are Trump Wannabes, aka, how many are following his MAGA lead and seeing themselves as the next Dictator of the US?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.