Page 384 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2843343743803813823833843853863873883944344848841384 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Dems idea of looking out for the little guy...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...p-money-354252
    It's Florida (where anything and everything happens), and they are returning the money. No excuses, they were wrong, they should have known better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Dems idea of looking out for the little guy...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...p-money-354252
    We have what? 11 Trump family members or campaign officials (including a super PAC) and 19 cabinet members or family that got PPP loans? 6 GOP Super PACs?

36-1. I guess since them Dems weren't perfect, it's the worst thing ever.

Both sides are bad, right?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/n....co/bMQ2YniUWz

and here's an example of their tolerance for people who don't agree with them....
    People have a right to patronage whatever establishment they choose. If going to a restaurant makes them uncomfortable, or for whatever reason, it's their choice. It doesn't matter if you are a conservative or a liberal, there is no law saying you have to go to a specific place.

This is a year where politics is very heated, more so than in past years. People are going to act emotionally.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie’s production company announces completion of ‘The Meaning of Hitler’ project

“We couldn’t be prouder that The Meaning of Hitler is the first completed film made by our new documentary production company, Play/Action Pictures,” said Lurie (via Deadline). “I envisioned Play/Action to be a leading creative force for films that engage with the most crucial and challenging issues of our time. The rise of white supremacy and neo-fascism in the United States and the world over are among the most important and serious threats we face today.”

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the documentary “is an interrogation of our culture’s fascination with Hitler and Nazism set against the backdrop of the current rise of white supremacy, the normalization of anti-Semitism, and the weaponization of history itself that was filmed in nine countries over three years.”

The project has been in development for three years, according to Schefter.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If Trump loses in a landslide, both popular and EC, I fully expect him to resign in December and Pence to pardon him.

IF it's contested at the EC level, I fully expect him to try to pull a lame coup attempt.
    Pence can't pardon Trump for state crimes... which is what SDNY are going after him on.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Pence can't pardon Trump for state crimes... which is what SDNY are going after him on.
    I hope Trump and Pence both forget that and Trump runs away anyway.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm not nearly optimistic enough to assume that Trump won't "win" a second term. He's probably going to "win" his third, and fourth terms too.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm not nearly optimistic enough to assume that Trump won't "win" a second term. He's probably going to "win" his third, and fourth terms too.
    If Trump somehow manages to circumvent the election process and 'win', I guarantee that Democrats will take control of the House, the Senate ad even State level positions. Bottom line, if he won, and the Dems control the house and senate, they will impeach him again and this time the senate will convict. It will be one of the shortest 2nd terms on record.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Yes I've thought about that to, I think when he leaves office he's going to go through pure hell in criminal investigations. I think it will be too controversial and damaging to the nation to imprison a former President, but both he and his son, and the Trump name will be drummed out of running for office forever. (I would say politics, but I can see him trying to start up some sort of Breitbart media organization to continue his adoration, and help gather support against his investigations)

Personally, I just finally want to see his tax returns. what kind of Presidential candidate doesn't release his tax returns? He is a master conman, so I wouldn't be surprised if his net worth is highly undervalued, but can taxes show links to Russian business's?
    After all the bullshit Trump has pulled, I really don't see how it would be damaging to see a former President in jail. He's already tossed aside so many norms, lets see a new one enforced. No one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I know.

He'll get a blanket pardon and start admitting to **** in court, saying it doesn't matter because he was pardoned.

He's done that before, sans the pardon.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    After all the bullshit Trump has pulled, I really don't see how it would be damaging to see a former President in jail. He's already tossed aside so many norms, lets see a new one enforced. No one is above the law.
    I agree no one should be above the law, you do the crime you do the time. That being said, unless there is a smoking gun, I think he will get off in the end. Powerful people are going to look at this and contemplate that a President going to prison could not only have a profoundly negative affect on the moral of the nation towards government, but in a country that has never been so divided along partisan lines since the 1970's, a prison sentence could kick over a powder keg.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The one vote per state rule is absolutely ridiculous.
    It requires a constitutional amendment to change it.

There is a push to remove the power of the Senate, or anything that gives small states greater power relative to their population, but it's going to be really hard to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That seems to be whataboutism, with the difference that typical whataboutism covers contemporaneous events, as opposed to asking public intellectuals about the actions of the government more than 45 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I agree no one should be above the law, you do the crime you do the time. That being said, unless there is a smoking gun, I think he will get off in the end. Powerful people are going to look at this and contemplate that a President going to prison could not only have a profoundly negative affect on the moral of the nation towards government, but in a country that has never been so divided along partisan lines since the 1970's, a prison sentence could kick over a powder keg.
    The likeliest outcome is no criminal prosecution, but I suspect some kind of plea deal for cooperation has more of a chance of happening than the conviction some people here think is to be expected.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets