Page 361 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2613113513573583593603613623633643653714114618611361 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    CDC site says incubation period can be anywhere from 2 - 14 days. So we may see more reports of infection soon.
    Ahem.

"Soon" was a few days ago.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Ahem.

"Soon" was a few days ago.
    I know that. some of that crowd may be asymptomatic and not even know yet that they have it. Did they test all 6,000 plus people?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2020 at 12:54 PM.

I know that. some of that crowd may be asymptomatic and not even know yet that they have it.
    Which means that more people may have gotten infected days after, and they might not show symptoms for a while. This virus has a cascading effect inherent in it.

I know that. some of that crowd may be asymptomatic and not even know yet that they have it. Did they test all 6,000 plus people?
    Worth noting...

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/06...lsa-rally.html

Correction: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Misinterpreted Oklahoma Virus Test Data
    MSNBC’s Chris Hayes issued a correction and said that he misinterpreted Oklahoma’s 100% positive test rate after Trump’s Tulsa rally.

Hayes said:

On Monday I said that in Oklahoma authorities tested 352 people for coronavirus over the weekend and found every test positive. They then tested another 178 people and found them all positive as well. I was so incredulous over those numbers, I even checked the website to confirm those numbers before we went on air. Indeed, that is what is on the official website. We weren’t wrong. That’s what they report. The problem is there is a lag in the way that Oklahoma reports its data. With fewer but almost entirely positive tests being reported on the weekends and then larger numbers including negative tests reported later in the week. Those numbers I said on Monday did not provide a clear or complete picture because they were not the final numbers for Oklahoma’s weekend testing. If a statistic sounds too wild to be true, it probably is. I’m going to remind myself of that in the future.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-02-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Donald Trump says coronavirus is ‘like life – it’s got a life, we’re putting out that life. It’s a bad life’

Donald Trump has made a garbled declaration of war on coronavirus, calling it a ‘bad life’ that the United States is ‘putting out.’ Speaking at the White House Thursday, the President of the United States said: ‘China was way early (with coronavirus infections) and they’re getting under control just now… ‘We followed them with this terrible China virus. We are likewise getting under control…

We’re putting out the fires ‘Its like life, it’s got a life, and we’re putting out that life cos that’s a bad life we’re talking about.’

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post

I agree, it will be sad to see the light of freedom go out in Hong Kong, when they are taken over by an authoritarian government that harkens back to Mao Ze Dong (Often cited as the greatest mass murder in history) I believe the "west" is defined by culture not race, and Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and other Asian states are part of the west, and should be protectorates of the United States, so long as they desire to be so. Perhaps a more competent U.S President will strengthen ties with a Trans Pacific Partnership.
    Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and most of the other Asian states are still friendly to the United States and also friendly to the interests of the United States.

Unfortunately, the Untied States and the rest of the West became very friendly to the People's Republic of China. They saw bigger investment in China than in Taiwan, a much smaller country. They even kicked Taiwan out of the United Nations in favor of China.
    The US and EU's relations with China were so close, that they were not suspicious of China's reports on coronavirus. Trump and some officials even thought it was a hoax.
    By the time the Eu and US noticed how serious the virus is, it was too late. Italy, Spain, Germany, France and the United Kingdom were among the hardest hit countries until the end of Spring when the USA, Russia, Brazil, India and few South American nations took over the lead.

Only South Korea and Taiwan do not trust People's Republic of China.

South Korea had been an ally of the Republic of China. But in 1992 diplomatic ties between Seoul and Taipei were nevertheless severed. On August 24, 1992 formal diplomatic relations were established between Seoul and Beijing. By 2004 China had become South Korea's leading trading partner.

South Korea opened diplomatic relations with China. South Korea does business with China. But South Korea does not trust China. They never forgot the Chinese role in the Korean War. By the time the covid appeared in Wuhan, South Korea closed their borders to China. South Korea reported no more than 13,000 total covid cases.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump is not well.
    Ya think, homeslice? What was your first clue?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ya think, homeslice? What was your first clue?
    Well, everything, really.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, everything, really.
    And yet, the Trump campaign has been running an TV ad that starts with: “Joe Biden is slipping”. Pot, may I introduce you to kettle?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

And yet, the Trump campaign has been running an TV ad that starts with: “Joe Biden is slipping”. Pot, may I introduce you to kettle?
    Biden's campaign needs to get nasty. There's probably hundreds of examples of Trump's word salad out there they could use. Did anyone every figure out "cofefe".

Biden's campaign needs to get nasty. There's probably hundreds of examples of Trump's word salad out there they could use. Did anyone every figure out "cofefe".
    A tag team with the Lincoln Project? That would work.

Biden's campaign needs to stay clean and highlight what a real President can be. PACs like the Lincoln Group will get nasty.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

On the one hand? Sure.

On the other hand, I'm not so sure that getting into a "Well, our guy is a stammering old fool but he is less of a stammering old fool..." sort of a slap fight winds up being a net positive.