America’s Next Authoritarian Will Be Much More Competent

We’ve talked about this quite a bit but Trump could have taken his authoritarian regime much farther if he wasn’t such an incompetent narcissist man-baby. Having another authoritarian populist getting close to the White House isn’t a matter of if but when. We know it will happen again in the near future (possibly even 2024). So is there anything we can do to inoculate our democracy in preparation for the next wannabe fascist strongman?

So many of our political norms were shattered because our constitution was not prepared for someone like Trump. We have very little time to prepare for the next disaster. I remember so many people (myself included) saying that it couldn’t get worse than Bush/Cheney. I don’t dare say that we won’t see anyone worse than Trump in our lives.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Biden's Coronavirus Task Force;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Biden's Coronavirus Task Force;

Science and rationality prevail.

On the other hand, there's some recently revealed irony in the fact that one of the architects of Obama Care is on the panel, and it turns out, he actually is kind of a terrible person (and related to Rahm. :P)

https://twitter.com/MattRinaldiTX/st...64840846598147

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    On the other hand, there's some recently revealed irony in the fact that one of the architects of Obama Care is on the panel, and it turns out, he actually is kind of a terrible person (and related to Rahm. :P)

You'd think that with the pool they have to pick from they could have just put him a ways back on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You'd think that with the pool they have to pick from they could have just put him a ways back on the list.
    Apparently, he's of the 'if you're not working you're useless and should probably die' variety. A full member of the cult of work and anti-leisure.

Oh WBE-EeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
    With that in mind, a Republican state senator out of Nebraska, Mike Groene, has reportedly contracted the novel coronavirus. And he has some eyebrow-raising thoughts about that development. According to the Lincoln Journal Star, the state senator wrote an email to fellow lawmakers about his diagnosis, saying, “As you know, I finally got my wish and contracted the COVID-19 virus. As I suspected it would happen.” In an interview with the Journal Star, Groene said he wanted herd immunity. According to the outlet, Groene said his symptoms included some fatigue and several days of fever. He described them as “no more than a minor flu.”
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ly-got-my-wish

Apparently, he's of the 'if you're not working you're useless and should probably die' variety. A full member of the cult of work and anti-leisure.
    Yeah, it's looking almost exactly like that.

While I don't want to start knocking them all of the time right out of the gate, this was a pretty disappointing call.

Mighty Member

A ghoul on the covid task force, that is disappointing.

If he wasn't related to Rahm, I'm sure Trump would have tapped him, but nepotism is a b.

Republican senator says he will step in if Biden doesn't have access to intelligence briefings by Friday.

"Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Lankford said Wednesday that he will intervene if the Trump administration has not allowed President-elect Joe Biden access to presidential daily intelligence briefings by the end of the week, one of the first rights of a presidential candidate after winning the election."
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-12-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    America’s Next Authoritarian Will Be Much More Competent

We’ve talked about this quite a bit but Trump could have taken his authoritarian regime much farther if he wasn’t such an incompetent narcissist man-baby. Having another authoritarian populist getting close to the White House isn’t a matter of if but when. We know it will happen again in the near future (possibly even 2024). So is there anything we can do to inoculate our democracy in preparation for the next wannabe fascist strongman?

So many of our political norms were shattered because our constitution was not prepared for someone like Trump. We have very little time to prepare for the next disaster. I remember so many people (myself included) saying that it couldn’t get worse than Bush/Cheney. I don’t dare say that we won’t see anyone worse than Trump in our lives.
    Yeah, the clock is already ticking on the possibility of another wannabe strongman getting a foot in the door of the Oval Office. I'm no constitutional scholar, but I'm guessing a new amendment would be needed to stop the next Trump-like authoritarian from being elected. Problem is, any actions taken to prevent that madness from repeating itself is bound to be loudly and strongly opposed by the GOP who's made it clear they want to rule, not govern and will flat out kill any attempt to change the status quo. Make no mistake, even with Trump having been defeated, democracy in this country is still very much at risk as long as the Republican Party continues it's march towards total fascism.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-12-2020 at 03:24 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Joe Manchin letting folks know what time it actually is. If it wasn't such a bummer, it would actually be a little funny.

MIAMI – Why would candidates for Florida Senate seats do no campaigning, no fundraising, have no issue platforms, nor make any effort to get votes?

Local 10 News has found evidence to suggest three such candidates in three Florida Senate district races, two of them in Miami Dade County, were shill candidates whose presence in the races were meant to syphon votes from Democratic candidates.

Comparisons of the no-party candidates' public campaign records show similarities and connections that suggest they are all linked by funding from the same dark money donors, and part of an elaborate scheme to upset voting patterns.

In one of those races, District 37, a recount is underway because the spread between the Democratic and Republican candidates is only 31 votes. The third party candidate received more than 6300 votes.

That third party candidate is Alexis Rodriguez, who has the same last name as the Democratic incumbent senator Jose Javier Rodriguez. The Republican challenger is Ileana Garcia.
    https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...by-dark-money/

Scummy, but probably not illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Scummy, but probably not illegal?
    I mean, it ought to be.