Page 710 of 890 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720760810 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 13337
  1. #10636
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,380

    Default

    Never mind places like Southport Lanes closing up for good...

    https://chicago.eater.com/2020/9/17/...osing-lakeview

    Chicago’s Iconic Southport Lanes to Close Permanently After Nearly a Century

  2. #10637
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    As in not feeling the need to broadly refer to rape survivors as nutjobs for the sake of a useless pro-Trump post.

    Tami's post a while back about the best description, from the UK, about Trump seems dead right, since it also trickles down to his (still breathing) supporters.
    Let's look at the comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Save yourselves some heartburn and accept that Trump is going to his nominee confirmed and placed on the high court. Even the Dems know it which is why their heads are exploding. Hearings begin before the election, voting takes place after. If Trump wins (he will) Collins votes for the nominee, even if she is beaten in her race. If she is beaten in her race, she still vote for them because she has nothing to lose and can (correctly) say that the whole process is supposed to decide one thing - is the nominee qualified for the position?

    Trump is going to picked a qualified woman. that will make it hard for Murkowski or Collins or even RINO Mitt to vote against them. The Dems will have a harder time finding some nutjob claiming they were gang-raped by a woman....they still might though..

    Relax, the way Roberts is going, it'll still be a 5-4 Conservative/Liberal split.
    That was a reference to Julie Swetnick, and there seem to be two possibilities. The first is that she and several other young college-age women were raped by Brett Kavanaugh and a friend of his when Kavanaugh was in high school, as part of something the future Supreme Court justice did repeatedly and publicly. The second is that she is a nutjob or a liar, and certainly not a rape survivor.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...accuser-845348

    https://deadline.com/2018/10/brett-k...eo-1202474548/

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...anaugh-n924596

    It is worth noting that Democrats took Swetnick's allegations seriously, so it's completely fair for Republicans to bring up now.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...inst-kavanaugh
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 09-22-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  3. #10638
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind places like Southport Lanes closing up for good...

    https://chicago.eater.com/2020/9/17/...osing-lakeview
    Why's it not fair to blame the man in charge for the jobs lost because he had no Nationwide response? States were forced to take action on their own because the Federal Government went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

    The Federal Government is still just going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

    But do you think concert venues and bowling alleys should just open up? Jobs lost > lives lost?
    Last edited by Joker; 09-22-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Hey gang! Looking to sell of some of my TPB/HC collection. PM me if interested.
    Lots of Batman, Image and some Marvel. Lower 48 only, please.

  4. #10639
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Why's it not fair to blame the man in charge for the jobs lost because he had no Nationwide response? States were forced to take action on their own because the Federal Government went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    It's not fair to blame him "Entirely" when he cannot dictate that the city of Chicago cannot decide it's own guidelines(which are going to put Southport Lanes out of business...)

    It is a city call, and a realistic call by a business owner not to pitch money into the fireplace.

    The President is largely a non-issue. He will not try to challenge the rules Chicago has put into place.

    He is not in charge of the rules Chicago enacts.

  5. #10640
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,380

    Default

    Which is not to say I don't understand what Chicago is doing. Honestly, I would probably have clamped down a little harder than they did.

    That said, I wouldn't really be looking to put the blame for my calls onto the Governor or President's shoulders.

  6. #10641
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ...

    But do you think concert venues and bowling alleys should just open up? Jobs lost > lives lost?
    No.

    That said, I think that the buck stops at the city making the sensible call. The responsibility for the eventual jobs lost realistically goes no higher than that.

    It is a city deciding to potentially shed jobs in order to minimize potential spread of a disease. City Call/City Responsibility.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-22-2020 at 07:32 PM.

  7. #10642
    Oni of the Ash Moon Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Here, for now.
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I lose a debate when the facts suggest an outcome I suspected was unlikely to transpire has only occurred two out of ten times the scenario manifested in the past?
    You lose the debate because of the way you presented your argument even if you were correct on the substance. I should amend my statement to: Basing an argument solely on "what if" with out backing it up by data,facts and/or accounts is in my opinion where you lose a debate.
    You are correct if the roles were reversed each side would equally swap their view on it and I agree with your statement.
    A small supplement is that Bull Frog Mitch stated as much in 2016 about the historical president of when such a vacancy happens. The "McConnell Doctrine" isn't that a president should not nominate a Supreme Court Justice in his final year off office. Its that the Senate can choose to defer approving any nominee until after the election if the Presidency and Senate are controlled by different parties as it has been done the majority of the time it has occurred.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

  8. #10643
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,908

    Default

    Siiiiiiiiiiiigh. Just another day with him.

    The president on violent protesters: "Cans of tuna fish. They go out and buy tuna fish and soup. You know that, right?...Because they throw it. It's the perfect weight, tuna fish, they can really rip it, right? And that hits you. No, it's true. Bumble Bee brand tuna."

  9. #10644
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Oh, is that why I, here in an "Anarchist Jurisdiction" have not been able to purchase Tuna lately? Specifically, Bumble Bee Brand?

    Makes a lot of sense.

    I love how he ends it with "NO, it's true!" fucking lol. No one ends a believable statement with "No, it's true"
    Last edited by Joker; 09-22-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    Hey gang! Looking to sell of some of my TPB/HC collection. PM me if interested.
    Lots of Batman, Image and some Marvel. Lower 48 only, please.

  10. #10645
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Good to see you stand for women, when they toe the liberal line...
    I stand for women who don’t actively seek to harm other women in the name of their anti-Christian ‘Christianity’, but thanks for playing.

  11. #10646
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Let's look at the comment.
    I looked then, but then wondered at your nonexistant, and maybe late now, reply to this then.

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that you can have an accusation without merit and blame victims at the same time.
    Because nobody actually believes THAT, based on all evidence, is beyond Trump and his supporters, anyway.

  12. #10647
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I stand for women who don’t actively seek to harm other women in the name of their anti-Christian ‘Christianity’, but thanks for playing.
    I can't tell is he talking about abortion?

  13. #10648
    Oni of the Ash Moon Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Here, for now.
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I can't tell is he talking about abortion?
    Yes Amy Coney Barrett is a very devout Catholic and has a strong personal standpoint about abortion.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

  14. #10649
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I can't tell is he talking about abortion?
    I am not a fan of Trumps likely nominee because of her stance on abortion. If she believes they are bad, or wrong, that’s fine. For HER. But when she tries to impose her morality and beliefs on all women, as we absolutely know she will do (since this is PRECISELY why they are rushing this before Trump is hopefully ousted), that is actively harming other women based on her very un-Christ-like interpretation of Christianity as a dominating, rather than supportive force.

    He disagrees, and tried zinging me about it. *shrug*

  15. #10650
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's supposed to be Chicken of the Sea, not Chicken of the Oval Office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •