Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In bad news from the Nutjob Dictator front. Russia passed a law that changes the Age limit to serve in the army from 40 to 65. is that a sign they are getting desperate for bodies? or are they hoping to recruit the older crowd that has bought into their lies about the Ukraine Invasion to come fight for the old glory days of Mother Russia?
    My money on the former explanation, that the Russian army is running low on cannon fodder for Vlad’s needless war.

Meanwhile, I got an alert that Texas governor Greg Abbott won’t be attending the NRA convention in Houston. Did he have an attack of conscience in light of the tragedy in Ulvade? I’m doubtful, perhaps Abbott fears bad optics that might affect him negatively.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Since when being trans is such a problem… to others?
    It never was, it's just a very easy target for Republicans. You have a minority of a minority group which doesn't have the power or resources to fight back(the LGBT community is not nearly as united as one would hope, plenty of LGB that don't like the T), and which a large majority of their voting base may never encounter(or if they did, may never even know it) giving them only the right wing boogeyman version in their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Since when being trans is such a problem… to others?
    It’s all about rampant fearmongering from the GQP. Getting the base good and scared of the “threat” of sexual deviants pretending to be female in the same bathroom with real females. And yeah, it’s not going to stop, Qpublicans have their bogeyman, and they’re NOT going to let it go since the LGBTQ community is the only marginalized group they can safely abuse without fear of repercussion.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My money on the former explanation, that the Russian army is running low on cannon fodder for Vlad’s needless war.

Meanwhile, I got an alert that Texas governor Greg Abbott won’t be attending the NRA convention in Houston. Did he have an attack of conscience in light of the tragedy in Ulvade? I’m doubtful, perhaps Abbott fears bad optics that might affect him negatively.
    Absolutely optics, if he wasn't up for re-election this year I don't think it would be even be a question of if he would or would not go.

He feels so bad about what happened that he had Beto thrown of of a press conference, he is still fighting back on gun control. I would say he just doesnt want to look bad (Or even worse) on a national level or give Beto a big talking point. Abbot only leads in the polls by what 7 points or so?

Meanwhile I bet dollars to Doughnuts that Cruz will be there chest pumping and having the NRA nuts foaming at the mouth with the Arm teachers, they are going to take your guns! He also needs a big platform to push his Door Reform policy that will stop all school shootings.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Definitely think bad optics made him cancel.

It’s all about rampant fearmongering from the GQP. Getting the base good and scared of the “threat” of sexual deviants pretending to be female in the same bathroom with real females. And yeah, it’s not going to stop, Qpublicans have their bogeyman, and they’re NOT going to let it go since the LGBTQ community is the only marginalized group they can safely abuse without fear of repercussion.
    Is there any “Discrimination Monitoring Centre” in the USA?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He feels so bad about what happened that he had Beto thrown of of a press conference, he is still fighting back on gun control. I would say he just doesnt want to look bad (Or even worse) on a national level or give Beto a big talking point. Abbot only leads in the polls by what 7 points or so?

Meanwhile I bet dollars to Doughnuts that Cruz will be there chest pumping and having the NRA nuts foaming at the mouth with the Arm teachers, they are going to take your guns! He also needs a big platform to push his Door Reform policy that will stop all school shootings.
    Yeah, that little dustup with Beto was a bad look for Abbott, not to mention a subsequent story about how he went on a fundraising jaunt the next day while O’Rourke was donating blood. For sure that didn’t paint Abbott in a positive light, and with the margin growing thin between the two, he’s not risking his image taking further hits. As for Fled Cruz, he can take his door reform policy and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-27-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Last I saw the margin between O'Rourke and Abbot was 7-9 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Last I saw the margin between O'Rourke and Abbot was 7-9 points?
    About that last I saw. Depends on what poll you look at. Some say 7 others say 8 and 9. Its still a pretty slim margin for a GOP Governor in what used to be a strong hand s down Red State the last few voting cycles. When was the last time a Democrat was elected? 1991? 1992?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Texas Officials are giving an update on the actions of the police officers at the scene with the timeline of the event.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And there goes my senator, Ron Johnson, being a complete ass. It's never guns. It's always something else.

Sen. Ron Johnson blames "liberal indoctrination" for school shootings: "We stopped teaching values. Now we're teaching wokeness. We're indoctrinating our children with things like CRT." https://t.co/VwKbeIoD8z

So the shooting started at the school at 1131 and the shooter gets into the school at 1133.

At 1203 there were 19 police in the hallway. And some of the Tac arrived.

It was not until 1250 that the suspect was killed. The police had to get keys from the Janitor because the doors were locked.

Thats an hour and 20 minutes.

There were also several 911 calls with teachers and students calling.

Sickening. No defense.

Should also be pointed out that the police station is within a mile from the school.

Good guys with guns right?

The School resource officer was not even at the school when the shooting started. He went back to the school and drove past the shooter who was hunking down by a car to go to the back of the school where a teacher was because he thought the teacher was the shooter. A police officer also drove past the shooter.

And the officer admitted that none of the 19 officers made an attempt to get into the door at the time because the commander on the scene thought it was no longer an active shooter just a barricaded subject and no kids were at risk. This is despite 911 calls made from inside the school from teachers and students begging for help because they were being shot.

Also the guy at the conference said there was shooting going on.

He is trying to lay it on the 911 operators for not telling the cops there were kids in the room with the shooter.

He is also saying there were many officers on the scene but the commander felt more equipment and officers were needed for a breach.

Of course hindsight said its the wrong call. Blah Blah.