Also the kids had an assault riffle and 1500 rounds of ammo. Guns are not the issue of course. And one of the many leads being looked at is the shooters ties of Cyber Gaming and such.

He is really pushing for the "We thought it was a barricaded subject and no kids at risk." Even if you take away the 911 calls. There are still children yelling for help. There are still teachers yelling for help. There are still the sounds of shots being fired.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That’s odd. There was no such thing as CRT or “wokeness” in 1999 when the shooting in Columbine went down, or at Sandy Hook in 2012. I suppose the excuse for Qpublicans back then was violent videogames, but, then, how would Johnson explain Andrew Kehoe, a deranged nutter who killed 38 kids and 6 adults by detonating bombs at Bath School in….1927? To this day, that remains THE worst school massacre on record. No CRT or wokeness back then.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Texas is the state of Cowboys, Macho Men, guns. Yet 19 trained police officers with shields cowered in a hallway while an 18 year old nut job was killing children who were calling 911 and yelling for help because they needed more men and equipment I guess the equipment includes keys to a locked door that had a window shot out.

How the Hell this town does not riot right now I do not know.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-27-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox news is in such a state of What to do.

On one hand they love the police. On the other hand they want to push the If a teacher had a gun then it wouldnt matter the police did nothing.

But in the end I am hearing more of the arm the teacher camp because of this,
    Because arming teachers means more weapons and ammunition sales.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Because arming teachers means more weapons and ammunition sales.
    Yet they spent the better part of the year calling teachers groomers who were corrupting kids and trying to turn them gay and trans. But now they want them to have guns

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The war on doors begins.

Asked what his plan is to keep schools safe, Kevin McCarthy says schools should be able to repurpose Covid funds to reduce doors. #DoorControl https://t.co/ygI3ozq8Ol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    How would that work during a fire?

Seth Meyers had the right response to that the other night when he wondered what a Fire Marshal would have to say about eliminating all but one of the doors to a school.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Yet they spent the better part of the year calling teachers groomers who were corrupting kids and trying to turn them gay and trans. But now they want them to have guns
    I wonder how the GOP would react if a Black or Latino teacher decided they wanted to be the one to carry a gun in school to protect the kids. How fast would the Arm the Teachers narrative flip?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Seth Meyers had the right response to that the other night when he wondered what a Fire Marshal would have to say about eliminating all but one of the doors to a school.
    A fire marshal, ANY fire marshal worth his salt would say “SCREW THAT NOISE!

I wonder how the GOP would react if a Black or Latino teacher decided they wanted to be the one to carry a gun in school to protect the kids. How fast would the Arm the Teachers narrative flip?
    That narrative would flip faster than Simone Biles at last year’s Summer Olympics. Qpublicans only want guns in the hands of WHITE teachers, black and brown teachers would have to fend for themselves.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe this is a good time to bring up that Trump revoked Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase guns. They would be entered in to a database for background checks. But then a many red states, my home state of Indiana, are eliminating background checks anyway. This just happened last month and I doubt this will cause them to revoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe this is a good time to bring up that Trump revoked Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase guns. They would be entered in to a database for background checks. But then a many red states, my home state of Indiana, are eliminating background checks anyway. This just happened last month and I doubt this will cause them to revoke it.
    But both sides are the problem remember?

And one thing I love hearing the last few days.

"How dare people say the GOP are racist, dont care about kids, and are liars."

One thing I love is the GOP cult of "We are not going to change who we are and we are going to keep doing this horrible things. But we are the victim because you are calling us on it."

Shouldn’t doors prevent shooters from entering the school?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

In bad news from the Nutjob Dictator front. Russia passed a law that changes the Age limit to serve in the army from 40 to 65. is that a sign they are getting desperate for bodies? or are they hoping to recruit the older crowd that has bought into their lies about the Ukraine Invasion to come fight for the old glory days of Mother Russia?
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My money on the former explanation, that the Russian army is running low on cannon fodder for Vlad’s needless war.

Meanwhile, I got an alert that Texas governor Greg Abbott won’t be attending the NRA convention in Houston. Did he have an attack of conscience in light of the tragedy in Ulvade? I’m doubtful, perhaps Abbott fears bad optics that might affect him negatively.
    He's videotaping a speech that will be played there instead.

Let's talk about doors. My synagogue, after an uptick in violence against Jews, instituted a policy years ago that all doors would be locked, and you would have to be buzzed in by the front desk. Of course, the doors were only locked on the outside; anyone inside could get out from any door easily. While I hate that it's come to this, that would be a good idea to implement, in theory.

HOWEVER, I'm hearing reports that the door the shooter went through had been propped open by someone, maybe a teacher. And while buzzing people in works for something like a small school or a synagogue, that becomes impractical the bigger the school gets. That NEVER would have worked in my high school. And yeah, you can't just arbitrarily eliminate doors, because there are a certain amount of exits mandated BY LAW due to fire codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Shouldn’t doors prevent shooters from entering the school?
    They certainly seemed to prevent the Police from entering the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And with most red states cutting back or eliminating funding for programs that address mental illness, the excuse du jour Qpublicans are using to explain the spate of mass shootings, it’s an endless, and vicious cycle.