Astonishing Member

Beto in town to protest the NRA convention too. It is absolutely boiling here but theres a big protest crowd. Reading all the musicians pulled out of performances except one guy. Maybe Don Jr can perform with Ivanka or something

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    The hell? And less doors would, ironically mean more opening for a mass shooter when they got through.

Has this idiot never heard of a damn choke point?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The hell? And less doors would, ironically mean more opening for a mass shooter when they got through.

Has this idiot never heard of a damn choke point?
    Most schools in this country are anywhere from thirty to seventy years old, probably older, so old that people worry about lead based paint inside those buildings. As others here have already said, the main concern was making sure such structures were up to snuff when it came to fire codes, no architect way back in the early 20th century had Nostradamus level foresight and factored in mass shooters and how too many doors gave bad guys easy access to maim and kill. This is all theater by Qpublicans to deflect from the ongoing menace of assault rifles being made easily available to anybody, including teenagers who wants one and has the cash to buy one. THAT is what has to addressed, not bs about doors!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Shouldn’t doors prevent shooters from entering the school?
    The thing is most public buildings like schools are required to have many entrances/exits in case of fire. This goes back to some horrific fires that happened in the past that resulted in a large loss of life. One that is most remembered locally is the Chicago Holy Angels Catholic School fire in 1958 that killed 92 children and 3 nuns. Lack of sufficient exits was one of the causes for the high number of deaths.

Here in the U.S. even the high school and elementary schools can be quite large. In my county, the largest high school is usually 3,000. Some schools will even be a combined elementary school and high school. So you have to have sufficent doors to let out all the kids even on normal days.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-27-2022 at 05:04 PM.

One of our GOP City Council Members is going on that. At his home he has two doors. A Front door and a back door. Why do some school have 5 6 ten doors? A front A Back and maybe a side should be fine. And easier to handle.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The GOP is deflecting hard. At the Presser today the cop talked about the many leads they were following and looking into. Then added He loved Cyber Games that has to be investigated. That was the only lead he talked about. So Video Games, Too many Doors, they led to this. If this kid listened to any music other then The Partridge Family Look for Music to be a reason.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I cant wait for the 2022 and 2024 GOP Anti Door Political ads to start.

"My Opponent claims to want to keep your children safe. But did you know he is Pro Door? And he is such a leftist that he wants those doors to have windows!"

Them doors!!

First they knocked out one of my tooth when i was 8 and now that?!! Is this madness ever going to stop?!!!!!

From the Onion

NRA Convention Applauds As Gunman Massacres Entire Crowd

HOUSTON—Shouting with glee and jostling each other to get a better spot, the audience at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting reportedly burst into applause Friday as a gunman massacred the entire crowd. “Woo! Shoot us all!” multiple spectators were heard to yell as the armed assailant, believed to be carrying an AR-15 as well as several handguns, fired bullet after bullet into an audience that had leapt to its feet upon his entrance and cheered when he shot Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in the head. “I’m calling my family—I never thought I’d see one of these in person! Oh my God, this is so cool!” At press time, sources confirmed the applause was slowly dying out as fewer and fewer members of the audience were left alive.
    Entire U.S. Police Force Flees Country After Hearing Gunman Inside Nation

UNITED STATES—Throwing their arms up into the air and screaming while frantically sprinting toward every single American border, the entire U.S. police force reportedly fled the country Thursday after hearing that there was a gunman somewhere inside the nation. “Oh my God, run, run for your lives, someone in the United States has a gun,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Aaron Philbank, appearing panicked as he urged more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers in all 50 states to drop whatever they were doing and escape via foot, car, plane, or boat into either Canada, Mexico, or the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean. “Jesus Christ. This guy could potentially be violent and, at this point, might be anywhere from California to New York. All I know is that I’m getting the hell out of here, and these fuckers are on their own. I didn’t sign up for this ****.” At press time, Philbank could not be reached for comment, as the nation’s police force was busy barricading every U.S. border crossing and threatening to tase anyone who tried to stop the gunman.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-27-2022 at 12:58 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The thing is most public buildings like schools are required to have many entrances/exists in case of fire. This goes back to some horrific fires that happened in the past that resulted in a large loss of life. One that is most remembered locally is the Chicago Holy Angels Catholic School fire in 1958 that killed 92 children and 3 nuns. Lack of sufficient exits was one of the causes for the high number of deaths.
    There was a really good book released about that fire.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    One of our GOP City Council Members is going on that. At his home he has two doors. A Front door and a back door. Why do some school have 5 6 ten doors? A front A Back and maybe a side should be fine. And easier to handle.
    Does he have a garage? If so, there is at least one more door into the house, and probably a side door into the garage. Does he have a chimney? That can be a door- for Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The GOP is deflecting hard. At the Presser today the cop talked about the many leads they were following and looking into. Then added He loved Cyber Games that has to be investigated. That was the only lead he talked about. So Video Games, Too many Doors, they led to this. If this kid listened to any music other then The Partridge Family Look for Music to be a reason.
    I heard something earlier today that the gunman was playing 'sad music' while he was in the school, so I expect Nirvana to be attacked any day now.

Jonathan Freedland wrote an eloquent text: America, how long will you sacrifice your children on the altar of gun worship?

But now we see something else: a country uniquely burdened with the dead weight of its past, and therefore powerless either to deal with a danger in its present or to make a better future. The land of possibility stands paralysed, apparently unable to make even the smallest change that might save the lives of its young.
    From an outside perspective, it is certainly something hard to understand…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Maybe it's not cool to post links to your own stuff, but I'd welcome comments and thoughts.

1. Here is a radical thought. Let's get rid of the Second Amendment as it is now. Replace it with something that actually saves lives and/or improves lives for everyone.

Here is my reasoning:
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Jonathan Freedland wrote an eloquent text: America, how long will you sacrifice your children on the altar of gun worship?

From an outside perspective, it is certainly something hard to understand…
    Friend from an inside perspective it is hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    GOP are no saints but
    No, they're soulless ghouls whose only political philosophy is genocide, and I do not in fact have to admire the efficiency they put towards murdering me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe it's not cool to post links to your own stuff, but I'd welcome comments and thoughts.

Twitter Link
    I think those are some solid ideas. I really do.