Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Dems aren't an anti-white people party, contrary to belief and there are issues which can bring Dems behind Kelly as a candidate...gun control reform, science (an astronaut as a candidate), government investment in education and so on (aka NASA).
    It's not about Democrats being anti-white, but enough of them do care about identity politics.

Joe Biden, one of the more moderate candidates, did promise during the primaries that his running mate would be a woman.

Amy Klobuchar, another of the more moderate candidates, dropped out of consideration for Vice President arguing that the running mate should be a woman of color.

Joe Biden has also promised that his first choice for Supreme Court will be an African-American woman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...stice-n1200826

This isn't a universal feeling among Democrats. Some on the economic left believe believe it's more important to have someone who is ideologically pure.

But this will make it tougher for anyone serious to challenge Harris in the next presidential primary if she's a halfway competent Vice President. How many Democrats want to be called racist or sexist?

I suspect she'll have some opposition, probably from a justice democrat who is also a woman of color. Though I don't see that candidate beating Harris.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not about Democrats being anti-white, but enough of them do care about identity politics.

Joe Biden, one of the more moderate candidates, did promise during the primaries that his running mate would be a woman.

Amy Klobuchar, another of the more moderate candidates, dropped out of consideration for Vice President arguing that the running mate should be a woman of color.

Joe Biden has also promised that his first choice for Supreme Court will be an African-American woman.
    African-American women are the Dems' most steadfast voter base and were the ones who swung for Biden on Super Tuesday. It wasn't just identity politics, it was rewarding the base that embraced and voted for Biden in heavy numbers.

The Democrats are the party of Civil Rights, the party of Obama, in its 21st Century Form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Gonna be much bigger than 8 million when this is done.

But yeah, the EC must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Longtime lurker just popping in again to echo babyblob's thanks to WBE and Tami and the many other fine folks of this forum for engendering informed and enlightening discussion.

Really, you guys are keeping me sane during this week and are distracting me from the urge to drink through my entire wine cooler until this election is settled. So, cheers!

P.S. I don't know if the GOP will remove the malignant growth of Trumpism from its body, but I'd like (in the event Trump definitively loses this election) for moderate Republicans to start wearing red hats with the slogan "Make The Republican Party Great Again" on them. Just to piss off the extremists. When the Republican Party was last great is anyone's guess. I myself view Bush Sr. more fondly than the Republican presidents immediately before and after him but maybe that's faint praise?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Please contribute to WBE's Ass Cancer fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...stice-n1200826

This isn't a universal feeling among Democrats. Some on the economic left believe believe it's more important to have someone who is ideologically pure.

But this will make it tougher for anyone serious to challenge Harris in the next presidential primary if she's a halfway competent Vice President. How many Democrats want to be called racist or sexist?

I suspect she'll have some opposition, probably from a justice democrat who is also a woman of color. Though I don't see that candidate beating Harris.
    As a Republican who has denied members of your party who are white nationalists are actually white nationalists (carrying water for Stephen Miller, the most egregious), kindly do not tell the Democrats what they should be doing with "identity politics'. You have no credibility on the matter based on the history you've shown.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-05-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Good news bad news. Biden rapidly gaining on Trump in Pennsylvania and Georgia, but Trump gaining in Arizona. Not sure we'll even know anything by tomorrow.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    African-American women are the Dems' most steadfast voter base and were the ones who swung for Biden on Super Tuesday. It wasn't just identity politics, it was rewarding the base that embraced and voted for Biden in heavy numbers.

The Democrats are the party of Civil Rights, the party of Obama, in its 21st Century Form.
    So, do you agree or disagree with me about the dynamics of challenging Kamala Harris in a presidential primary?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As a Republican who has denied members of your party who are white nationalists are actually white nationalists (carrying water for Stephen Miller, the most egregious), kindly do not tell the Democrats what they should be doing with "identity politics'. You have no credibility on the matter based on the history you've shown.
    I'm not confident that Stephen Miller is a white nationalist.

I certainly don't think "identity politics for white people" is a good approach for the Republican party.

But I haven't really told Democrats what they should do about identity politics. I can't tell if you disagree with anything I've said about the dynamics of challenging Kamala Harris in a presidential primary.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Good news bad news. Biden rapidly gaining on Trump in Pennsylvania and Georgia, but Trump gaining in Arizona. Not sure we'll even know anything by tomorrow.
    Trump's gain on AZ is a mini-red mirage, because Maricopa County (62% of AZ) has been glowing blue since Sinema took the Senate in 2018, and Maricopa includes Phoenix, a big blue city historically speaking. It's also a county where Republicans also use mail-in ballots, so some of the mail-in ballots are Republicans.

Arnon Mishkin the guy who called AZ, who runs the Decision Desk at Fox is the same guy who broke that Obama took Ohio in 2012, and the news of the Democrat Blue Wave in 2018. So he knows where he speaks. He says that Trump trailed behind Biden in the outer counties of AZ before coming to Maricopa (AZ inside AZ essentially) and he doesn't have enough to make up the difference in a county that's heavily favored for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No, we aren't. We're fucking tired of this ****. We're tired of the lack of progress. We're tired of being forced to live our lives by the laws of a religion we don't practice. Women are tired of old white men telling them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. We're tired of being the only developed nation without medicare for all. We're tired of endless, senseless gun violence. We're tired of children... CHILDREN having to have active shooter training in schools. We're tired of not having clean drinking water. We're tired of starving children. Corporations that don't pay taxes. Rich men who don't pay their taxes. Student debt you can't work your way out of. Education as privilege. Arguing for basic civil rights. Dying in the streets. Preexisting conditions. Gerrymandering. Voter suppression. The fucking list goes on.

We are tired of the people standing in the way of fixing these issues. We do not welcome people who want to hold our lives back, and would rather see us sick, stupid or dead.
    They had their boot on all our necks and it's maddening that half of America begs them to push harder.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    How are you going to fix your country if you act this hostile to someone who has changed their mind?.
    That's not who I'm acting hostile toward. And to be fair (to be faaaaaaaaaaair) we were essentially talking about different things. Which is my fault. And I think I addressed that? I'm all for people realizing Republicans suck donkey ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would laugh if Trumps the votes arnt legal and legit argument backfires and the Dems start to question all the Republicans who won Senate seats and House seats. I know they never will but it is fun to think about.

I asked my aunt about this. Why are the votes for Biden illegal but the votes for the Senate and house for the GOP are legit.
    In all honesty with Dejoy getting called up to court that might very well happen.

Georgia is literally tied with 99% of votes in... Biden down about 2K votes total. Wild stuff.

Georgia is literally tied with 99% of votes in... Biden down about 2K votes total. Wild stuff.
    Whoever comes out ahead... it's looking like the race in Georgia will be within .1%, which is an automatic runoff.

Whoever's ahead at that point... won't get the state called for them until after that recount. Good thing Georgia isn't the final deciding state, or we would have Trump v. Biden and the SCOTUS would have f***ed that chicken for Trump hard and fast like three of them did back in 2000 for Bush.

It's just gonna be gravy when Biden gets Georgia.

BANNED

We do in fact live in interesting times.

That's not who I'm acting hostile toward. And to be fair (to be faaaaaaaaaaair) we were essentially talking about different things. Which is my fault. And I think I addressed that? I'm all for people realizing Republicans suck donkey ass.
    I don't know how Republican voters don't realize that all the policies the country and even they support, the people they elect don't enact them.

We're talking about people who want more Covid-19 stimulus money, and re-elected Mitch McConnell, who could give f*** all if they starve. Hell, he probably touches himself with his purple hands thinking about it.