BANNED

Alright I have just 2 questions.

1.Why do all these comedians get canceled but South Park stays on TV? Trey Parker and Matt Stone must have a magical protection spell.

2.Would this be accurate for the types of jokes that are ok?

Not ok: jokes on all ethnicities except white, all genders except male, trans, yo mama jokes, fat jokes, rightwing humor

Approved: why did the chicken cross the road, knock knock jokes, dad humor, white men, leftwing humor

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post

1.Why do all these comedians get canceled but South Park stays on TV? Trey Parker and Matt Stone must have a magical protection spell.

Not ok: jokes on all ethnicities except white, all genders except male, trans, yo mama jokes, fat jokes, rightwing humor

Approved: why did the chicken cross the road, knock knock jokes, dad humor, white men, leftwing humor
    See...

Your lists are already all jacked up.

Lavell Crawford has done plenty of "Fat..." jokes that no one took issue with. Same for Patrice O'Neal and some of your other "Not Ok..." instances.

There is a reason for that.

Being able to see the big picture enough to get that sort of thing is a good starting point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    See...

Your lists are already all jacked up.

Lavell Crawford has done plenty of "Fat..." jokes that no one took issue with. Same for Patrice O'Neal and some of your other "Not Ok..." instances.

There is a reason for that.

Being able to see the big picture enough to get that sort of thing is a good starting point.
    I have just had the opposite experience with that but still is the rest of it ok or you agree with?

I have just had the opposite experience with that but still is the rest of it ok or you agree with?
    To me?

Looks like the lists of someone that showed up with a slant.

Pretty short on "Real World..."

BANNED

To me?

Looks like the lists of someone that showed up with a slant.

Pretty short on "Real World..."
    Can you make a list like I did so I can learn please?

Matt Stone is married to a Comedy Central executive, has been since 2001. So his wife would be the one to fire him, if he pushed the envelope too far.

They've made $150 million in merch alone over the past two decades, let alone the broadcast rights, syndicated episodes, movies, and soundtracks.

Regrettably, they're Comedy Central's cash cow. They're in a position even more bulletproof than Sean Hannity at Fox News.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Can you make a list like I did so I can learn please?
    Honestly?

Feels like a list ain't gonna help a whole lot?

When you can finally watch Lavell Crawford talking about Paula Deen, and ask yourself "Is this entire bit really about Paula Deen?..."?

Then, you'll be learning.

BANNED

Honestly?

Feels like a list ain't gonna help a whole lot?

When you can finally watch Lavell Crawford talking about Paula Deen, and ask yourself "Is this entire bit really about Paula Deen?..."?

Then, you'll be learning.
    Well I actually wanted to know what you thought and was open to listen. How about this, I won't even give a counter argument to anything. I just want to know what you think.

Well I actually wanted to know what you thought and was open to listen. How about this, I won't even give a counter argument to anything. I just want to know what you think.
    One guy's take...

It is about getting to where you can at least grasp that there is an actual difference between a swipe and something that is part of a comedic bit.

Past that?

The Carlin interview that someone just brought up....

At the very close(actually gets cut off...) he mentions that the "Dice..." in Andrew "Dice" Clay was likely a bit.

While this is seriously gonna date me, here is Clay talking about being a fan of Roberts/Rourke in The Pope Of Greenwich Village.

Once someone gets how much of Paulie/Charlie was in "Dice"?

It is entirely different from what is obviously the actual Dave Chapelle throwing a fit because he can't just take a swipe at trans folks with no consequences.

BANNED

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ill tell that to the next Trans woman I see getting the Hell beat out of her.
    Because if we preach enough minorities will be protected from majority views. To paraphrase here 'if everything is normal than nothing is normal'

The characterization of underdogs always needing protect really does not work in a Capitalist society that is individual against all. It is only in binary Proletariat/Capitalist thinking that it is that simply anyway. Punching down is not bulling but simply holding one's own.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-07-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Even if you take something that is as regularly stupid as South Park...

There are times when the character saying something unacceptable is being mocked themselves.

Obviously, that is not what is behind this fit that Chapelle seems intent on throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Punching down is not bulling but simply holding one's own.
    Which exactly is what a white supremacist would say about it, isn't it?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In general...yes.

American voters have generally rewarded politicians for a strong economy. It's one of the "keys to the white house" talked up by Allan Lichtman.

Trump had a chance of winning if the economy of late 2019 and early 2020 persisted. There were talks of a recession set to come underway but that overlapped with the Pandemic shutdown, and the result is that Trump had nothing to claim or tout as any accomplishment come re-election since he was otherwise a failure and disaster, and the Pandemic which defined his presidency was majorly fubar thanks to him.

I think that's a generalization.
    Yes, a generalization but more real than the one you offer as gross point akin to wrong track right track. Warned of inflation in overstimulating the economy we are seeing inflation and that is showing up in wrong track polls. Is that the hand of Government or not? The Trump economy was considered a success by those that saw Covid as an aberration in the economy not in politics, those that connect Covid to policy and the need for government were those that connection. Was Covid an act of goverment or the reaction to Covid? Half Full/Half empty and we saw that in the election partisanship.

Invincible Member

Because most comedians aren't being cancelled, just like CRT isn't actually being taught in schools. You brought up South Park, I'd add Family Guy, Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and Curb Your Enthusiasm and there's a few others out there that are popular specifically because they lean into "politically incorrect" humor.

The whole idea that you can't do stand up comedy because people are too sensitive is BS. Thing is, that grift has been monetized these days to the point where people literally have careers claiming they can't say certain things as they are on huge platforms saying those things.

They tried to put Lenny Bruce in jail for obscenity multiple times. Being criticized on Twitter while receiving millions of dollars pales in comparison.