Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I saw it, God, WTF?

The guy was armed, but he had no freakin' legs. I'm sure they could have come up with a better solution than 10 bullets
    Anyone with common sense should know that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

3 trained police officers cant take down a guy with no legs. They said the tasers didnt work. What kind of training do police get that 3 of them cant take a legless man with a knife down with out their go to being 10 bullets.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Did anyone else see the video of the shooting of a black man in LA last month? I just saw the story on the World NBC News. He was a double amputee that was shot 10 times by police. He did have a butcher knife.

I dont know the whole details of the story because they didnt say much about it. So I was wondering if anyone had any more info. They said that he stabbed a man but did not say if the man he stabbed was still near him that caused the police to shoot.

Was just looking to see if there was more information on it and the protests that seem to be going on with it.
    I think I heard something about that incident. You mean to tell me cops couldn’t have gassed the guy or used a taser? I mean, it’s not like he was going to escape since he had no legs? Did they have to resort to using lethal force? It makes no sense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think I heard something about that incident. You mean to tell me cops couldn’t have gassed the guy or used a taser? I mean, it’s not like he was going to escape since he had no legs? Did they have to resort to using lethal force? It makes no sense.
    They did use a taser and claimed it didnt work. But as I said in my pos that I posted same time as yours. All their training and they cant take down a legless man holding a knife without putting him full of bullets.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

He was wearing a heavy sweater, so the taser was ineffective.

But beyond that, they should have had pepper spray bean bag rounds or maybe even a broom?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They did use a taser and claimed it didnt work. But as I said in my pos that I posted same time as yours. All their training and they cant take down a legless man holding a knife without putting him full of bullets.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He was wearing a heavy sweater, so the taser was ineffective.

But beyond that, they should have had pepper spray bean bag rounds or maybe even a broom?
    Clearly there wasn’t enough training for a contingency like this. Sure, cops probably never had to deal with a violent man without legs, but they should’ve thought first and shot second.

Ultimate Member

"As a German I’m imagining what it would be like if German schools stop teaching about the Third Reich and the Holocaust because it could make the German students feel bad about their grandparents or their country. Unfortunately that there are people and politicians who would applauding that.

That’s what came to my mind when I heard about these actions against comprehensive education."

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Man, that earthquake in Turkey and Syria looks nasty.

Trump Denies Pentagon’s Claim That China Flew Balloons Over U.S. During His Term

“China had too much respect for ‘TRUMP,’" the former president wrote, calling the Pentagon's claim of "at least three" incidents "fake disinformation." Well, of course Dolt45 denied the claim. The only surprise would've been if he admitted it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The bottom right should have read "the home of the brave".
    Dang it! You're right, that would have been much better.

Trump Denies Pentagon’s Claim That China Flew Balloons Over U.S. During His Term

“China had too much respect for ‘TRUMP,’" the former president wrote, calling the Pentagon's claim of "at least three" incidents "fake disinformation." Well, of course Dolt45 denied the claim. The only surprise would've been if he admitted it was true.
    This is great. He keeps people talking about it longer, and they might come out with evidence that it did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Man, that earthquake in Turkey and Syria looks nasty.
    Make that series of quakes. Another big one (7.5) hit about half an hour ago.

This is great. He keeps people talking about it longer, and they might come out with evidence that it did happen.
    And his lemmings will reject the evidence to follow their pyrite calf.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Make that series of quakes. Another big one (7.5) hit about half an hour ago.
    Word has it deaths are in the hundreds, perhaps a thousand.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Most people don't think of Turkey when they think earth quakes but it's a pretty active spot.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!