Page 740 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24064069073073673773873974074174274374475079084012401740 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 75153
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    George Stephanopoulos said it's the worst debate he's ever seen.
    Jake Tapper was basically this was a disaster inside of a dumpster fire. Pretty much

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I'm giving the debate to Biden, but only because he was the one who answered the questions. I hate myself after tonight.
    Biden I felt was too restrained. Where was the Joe Biden who tore a new a-hole into Paul Ryan in 2012? Granted Paul Ryan was a self-serious no-nonsense type who was easy to move circles around whereas Trump isn't. The part where Biden started laughing at Trump and so on, we need to see more of that.

Still Biden got in a lot of good moments -- the part where he talked about COVID deaths, and attacked Trump on Russia is great. His quick "Yes" accepting the results was excellent. His speech about community police made sense. Trump came in very defensive, angry and basically frowned all throughout the evening whereas Biden was able to smile, laugh, and show other emotions.

That part where Trump openly said Joe wasn't smart and then said he did poorly in school made Trump the incarnation of every rich spoiled kid who bullied me in school. Not good. He came off as especially ugly then.

Chris Wallace was excellent as moderator but man he had a hard time tonight.

The problem with Trump is that unlike Biden who you clearly see is thinking before he's speaking like any politician or debater should, is that Trump brazenly lies all the time and is no filter so that means that Trump comes out non-stop saying many things and that's hard to measure for mods, for Biden and for viewers.

Still I'd say Biden won. His climate plan sounds good and as far as American politics of the last 30 years goes, seeing Climate Change on the Debate table and Trump having to admit in however few words that it happens is a first and step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly Wallace did more damage to Trump than Biden
    Never pick a fight with a referee. When the debate moderator and your opponent start snarking on you you've got trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This debate was verry poorly managed.
    Next one should be with both candidates in booths with mics that can be shut off. Trumps mission was to derail this thing by being an ******* the whole time.
    Yep, the moderator being able to shut off the mics was my thought multiple times!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Trump would not commit to telling his supporters not to take to the streets.
    Controversial opinion here, but I kind of wish Biden had said something like, "If the votes go against me ... I think the voters should do what their belief in patriotism and equality dictates..."

Seriously, I am about peaceful change because the most vulnerable (children, the elderly, etc) are the ones who suffer the most when there's violence.

But, on some level, with his, "I want people to watch the polling places" bullshit? The President is advocating mob rule. If there's armed people standing at polling stations, and the cops there "thank them for their support" or whatever it was with Kenosha? I mean, people should be afraid enough to vote in person due to the pandemic, and the President is saying you need to vote in person, while urging white supremacists to "guard" those very stations.

And saying it's only a "hoax" and a "scam" if he loses, even still!

No really, it's good that Biden was responsible in his response. But, I dunno ...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Just saw it all.

My God that was awful. Trump was a inter net troll that would not show up. Biden was going to take it seriously but got rattled, the moderated tried to sort the chaos.

We the American people lost, it was that bad.

And Joe did mid day things because he has a stuttering problem. Stress makes it pop out ( the Green New Deal misquote)

So really him making legit sense in his arugements, and him showing support for cotes makes him seem so much better a president.

I grew up and was raised a conservative, but the current president has shown to be a god damned mistake. He avoided the question to state white supermacusts cause violence and did not know what peaceful protests were.

He also did the Alex Johns **** and throwing on co Doris you **** about Bidens kid.

Trump should know better. Joe tries to be a damned good dad because oNe son died of brain cancer and had a daughter/first wife due in a car accident. You do not attack family, especially with that kind of history.

And did I mention Biden has a legit disability that he stutters and he made more sense?

Yeah if had to give a legit win, Joe for me.

He did make sense in answering questions, called Trumps bull ****. Trumps only good answer was America’s mental health with shut downs.

Aside that, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Biden I felt was too restrained. Where was the Joe Biden who tore a new a-hole into Paul Ryan in 2012? Granted Paul Ryan was a self-serious no-nonsense type who was easy to move circles around whereas Trump isn't. The part where Biden started laughing at Trump and so on, we need to see more of that.
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If Biden was more aggressive, people would've called him unhinged and unfit to be president (despite Trump exhibiting all of those traits and more). I wish Biden had even dialed back the comments about Trump being a clown and a joke. I long for the days pre-Trump where presidents had at least a sliver of dignity.

Biden clearly won this.

It's not a high bar to clear to "win" when the other guy didn't just fail to condemn white supremacists, but told them to "stand up and stand by", and spread conspiracy theories about postal workers stealing and selling mail-in ballots. He got his ass handed to him on climate change by talking about "forest management". To say nothing about getting called out for lies on Covid-19 that have created a 200K+ body count. Or interrupting your opponent while they're talking about their deceased son's military service to accuse him of accepting money from the Mayor of Moscow (which is the because he's too stupid to get Joe Biden's sons straight).

Donald Trump was playing for a draw by just s***ing all over the debate process. And he didn't even get that. Biden managed to tell him to shut up, called him out for being a racist, called him a clown (which he is, with that face paint) and a liar. But more importantly, Biden would ignore Trump rolling in his own s*** and look right into the camera and speak to the American people when it counted.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

We've reached this point in reality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Still Biden got in a lot of good moments -- the part where he talked about COVID deaths, and attacked Trump on Russia is great. His quick "Yes" accepting the results was excellent. His speech about community police made sense. Trump came in very defensive, angry and basically frowned all throughout the evening whereas Biden was able to smile, laugh, and show other emotions.

That part where Trump openly said Joe wasn't smart and then said he did poorly in school made Trump the incarnation of every rich spoiled kid who bullied me in school. Not good. He came off as especially ugly then.

Chris Wallace was excellent as moderator but man he had a hard time tonight.

The problem with Trump is that unlike Biden who you clearly see is thinking before he's speaking like any politician or debater should, is that Trump brazenly lies all the time and is no filter so that means that Trump comes out non-stop saying many things and that's hard to measure for mods, for Biden and for viewers.

Still I'd say Biden won. His climate plan sounds good and as far as American politics of the last 30 years goes, seeing Climate Change on the Debate table and Trump having to admit in however few words that it happens is a first and step forward.
    I would have settled for the guy who was confident and held his own against Sanders earlier this year. To tell the truth, Biden looked a little tired when he first came out and it's clear that Trump got under his skin early on. I'm sure Biden's plan was to be professional and just talk policy, but Trump's strategy was to go into heel mode. They asked Chris Christie, "You helped prep the President, is this what you went over?" Christie was like, "No!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Soledad O'Brien is saying that Wallace should be ashamed but I don't think Chris is to blame. Trump purposely refused to stop interrupting and over talking Biden. There's really nothing Chris could have done beside wrestle Trump to the ground.

But yeah, next time cut those mics...
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Chris really did his best. He will be looked at like he lost control but I will say he really tried his best. Who can control Trump?
    Easy...

All Wallace had to do was to say "Look, You Just Burned Through Your 'Get Treated Like An Adult..' Tickets. One More Time, And I Start Asking You Questions That You Really Don't Want To Answer..."

Either that, or just give him one more chance and cut the feed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If Biden was more aggressive, people would've called him unhinged and unfit to be president (despite Trump exhibiting all of those traits and more). I wish Biden had even dialed back the comments about Trump being a clown and a joke. I long for the days pre-Trump where presidents had at least a sliver of dignity.
    Hearing Trump called a clown on national television, to his face, with him unable to retort, is what I'm all about.

If there's anything I learned from Batman Beyond, it's that clowns don't like being heckled.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Biden clearly won this.

It's not a high bar to clear to "win" when the other guy didn't just fail to condemn white supremacists, but told them to "stand up and stand by", and spread conspiracy theories about postal workers stealing and selling mail-in ballots. He got his ass handed to him on climate change by talking about "forest management". To say nothing about getting called out for lies on Covid-19 that have created a 200K+ body count. Or interrupting your opponent while they're talking about their deceased son's military service to accuse him of accepting money from the Mayor of Moscow (which is the because he's too stupid to get Joe Biden's sons straight).

Donald Trump was playing for a draw by just s***ing all over the debate process. And he didn't even get that. Biden managed to tell him to shut up, called him out for being a racist, called him a clown (which he is, with that face paint) and a liar. But more importantly, Biden would ignore Trump rolling in his own s*** and look right into the camera and speak to the American people when it counted.
    Playing for a draw is also a not a great strategy for someone eight points down.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Playing for a draw is also a not a great strategy for someone eight points down.
    Yeah...

That's clearly someone who understands strategy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

OMG, I feel like I had to cleanse my senses. Yeah, this is the worst debate I've seen and of course most of that is Trump's fault. But I still have to lay some of the blame on Chris Wallace's feet. I doubt if any moderator will be able to corral him. Who are they BTW? But you just know there are a lot of meatheads out there who looked at Trump as a tough guy and think that automatically makes him a winner.

One point I wish Biden had thought quicker was when Trump said that Biden did poorly in school. Trump has threatened any institution with legal action if they released his academic records. Michael Cohen testified to Congress Biden should have come back with that, show us your transcripts and your tax returns.

I feel when given a chance to speak uninterrupted at least Biden shows he has some plans, etc. Trump was just bluster and still makes the claim he actually has some health plan when he, along with the GOP have made absolutely no attempts on presenting one even with them having the Senate majority.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-29-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

That's clearly someone who understands strategy.
    For once, I'm going to agree with the both of you.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.