Page 742 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24264269273273873974074174274374474574675279284212421742 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Come to think of it...

Just give the moderator a button that plays "Yakety Sax" over whoever will not zip it.
    That's my next video editing project. taking a video clip of the debate and overlying Yakety Sax over Trump's voice.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    OMG, I feel like I had to cleanse my senses. Yeah, this is the worst debate I've seen and of course most of that is Trump's fault. But I still have to lay some of the blame on Chris Wallace's feet. I doubt if any moderator will be able to corral him. Who are they BTW? But you just know there are a lot of meatheads out there who looked at Trump as a tough guy and think that automatically makes him a winner.

One point I wish Biden had thought quicker was when Trump said that Biden did poorly in school. Trump has threatened any institution with legal action if they released his academic records. Michael Cohen testified to Congress Biden should have come back with that, show us your transcripts and your tax returns.

I feel when given a chance to speak uninterrupted at least Biden shows he has some plans, etc. Trump was just bluster and still makes the claim he actually has some health plan when he, along with the GOP have made absolutely no attempts on presenting one even with them having the Senate majority.
    I yelled at the screen, “ask him about Trump Univeristy!”

I’m not gonna play Captain Hindsight but there were a few times I was disappointed with Biden’s lack of attack. Whatever. I think he did what he could against a raving loon.

Trump came out super energized. I wonder if he got into Don Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle‘s stash?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I’m not gonna play Captain Hindsight but there were a few times I was disappointed with Biden’s lack of attack. Whatever. I think he did what he could against a raving loon.

Trump came out super energized. I wonder if he got into Don Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle‘s stash?
    Probably just watched John Goodman in Revenge Of The Nerds.

BANNED

I think he took downers, because he basically strode in like he was p--sed off all the time. Not a good look. Not one smile.

He was weirdly hunched over in his suit.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Trump-Hillary debates were worse. Unlike HRC, Biden managed to get in policy details at least. He did lay out clearly that his climate plan was creating plans and people heard phrases like "v-shaped" and "k-shaped" economic recovery plans. Most importantly, climate change was on the table for the first time in any presidential debate in 20 years. Solid stuff about foreign policy with Biden talking about Bolsonaro's Brazil insanity and how America being in the Paris Peace Accords can put a stop to that. Hillary's debates was about defending her emails, defending herself from Trump's lies, and it basically became about personality. Personality did play a role but Biden constantly pivoted it to the American people to the American voters. Him saying, "I am the democrat party right now" is part of that. Whereas Hillary's campaign never totally pivoted to party the way Biden did.
    Oh yes, the oh so vital e-mails. Trump is very good creating distractions to mute his opponent's message. I do think Hillary was more scrappy than Biden. He looked tired at the beginning, perhaps because he was trying to keep calm and not get sidetracked by Trump's nonsense. BTW, weren't they supposed to be fact checking things while the debate is in progress? Trump was spotting nonsense about ballots being found in the trash, etc were all rated as mostly false exaggerations.

I don't know, Biden's reticence made him come off as sympathetic and Trump the bully. Now people will see any kid who got bullied by senior upperclassmen in Biden, and you get a clear demonstration of Biden's attempt to be Scranton, PA versus Park Avenue.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Trump got a better education than Biden (who didn't go to Ivy League) and he blew it.
    I wonder how they will handle the next one. As others have mentioned here and all over the internet they need to do something to prevent Trump from interrupting constantly and turn off the mike if he overtalks Biden when he was allowed his 2 minutes. They really need to look at the rules and format next time.

One positive is that I saw on Twitter that donations to Biden's campaign were pretty strong tonight. https://mobile.twitter.com/mviser/st...48259407278081

I just donated there myself.

*slaps forehead* Trump University! And he got socked with a $25 million judgement right before the election in 2016... why didn't I think of that! Well, we know why. There is such an avalanche of awfulness associated with Trump one tends to forget. I'm sure there is something that came out last week that has probably slipped my mind.

BANNED

Oh yes, the oh so vital e-mails. Trump is very good creating distractions to mute his opponent's message. I do think Hillary was more scrappy than Biden.
    Oh verbally and in terms of public speaking, Hillary was better than Joe. She's a good orator. But she was never able to get her campaign message in the same way Biden did today. I don't know if that would have changed things but part of the problem with 2016 is that she didn't do a good enough job setting up the stakes clearly to her base. Ultimately it was a very close election and she had a lot of bad luck but again she didn't communicate her agenda and policies the way Biden has.

BANNED

*slaps forehead* Trump University! And he got socked with a $25 million judgement right before the election in 2016... why didn't I think of that! Well, we know why. There is such an avalanche of awfulness associated with Trump one tends to forget. I'm sure there is something that came out last week that has probably slipped my mind.
    Biden focused on the Woodward Confession and the $750 federal taxes.

Listening to Trump blatantly dodge and avoid Wallace directly asking him if the $750 was true or not was genuinely "3rd grade caught in the cookie jar" stuff.

That matters more than Trump University at this point in time.

News headlines from Fox to Vox are ...

Trump Refused To Condemn White Supremacy Movement
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Biden I felt was too restrained. Where was the Joe Biden who tore a new a-hole into Paul Ryan in 2012? Granted Paul Ryan was a self-serious no-nonsense type who was easy to move circles around whereas Trump isn't. The part where Biden started laughing at Trump and so on, we need to see more of that.

Still Biden got in a lot of good moments -- the part where he talked about COVID deaths, and attacked Trump on Russia is great. His quick "Yes" accepting the results was excellent. His speech about community police made sense. Trump came in very defensive, angry and basically frowned all throughout the evening whereas Biden was able to smile, laugh, and show other emotions.

That part where Trump openly said Joe wasn't smart and then said he did poorly in school made Trump the incarnation of every rich spoiled kid who bullied me in school. Not good. He came off as especially ugly then.

Chris Wallace was excellent as moderator but man he had a hard time tonight.

The problem with Trump is that unlike Biden who you clearly see is thinking before he's speaking like any politician or debater should, is that Trump brazenly lies all the time and is no filter so that means that Trump comes out non-stop saying many things and that's hard to measure for mods, for Biden and for viewers.

Still I'd say Biden won. His climate plan sounds good and as far as American politics of the last 30 years goes, seeing Climate Change on the Debate table and Trump having to admit in however few words that it happens is a first and step forward.
    Yeah, I did not think Biden did too well. He left too many opportunities to clap back with substance on the table and unfortunately left it to frustrated name calling at the top. We allowed to talk about policy, there's no doubt who the better candidate is. Trump did nothing to prove that he is anything more than a blow hard who had no ability to grasp complex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Yeah, I did not think Biden did too well. He left too many opportunities to clap back with substance on the table and unfortunately left it to frustrated name calling at the top. We allowed to talk about policy, there's no doubt who the better candidate is. Trump did nothing to prove that he is anything more than a blow hard who had no ability to grasp complex issues.
    I think part of this can be attributed to Biden never having debated someone like Trump before. Yes I am sure he tried to prepare for Trump but whoever he was debating in his mock debates and practices could no way ever be the level of **** show that Trump was. Biden I think will do better at hitting back in the second debate (If there is one and after this side show who can say) I think he will know more about what Trump is going to do and be better prepared. I mean we all thought Trump would take the low road but did we think it would be as bad as it was. I mean even Christie who was on Trumps prep staff was like WTF happened? And I have never seen Fox news so split with half of the people saying Trump did great while the other half is shocked at what happened.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Biden won the debate, he was cool, calm and collective.

Trump started out good but it didn't take long for him to go into emotional melt down mode, he was only effective when he was allowed to continually interrupt Biden.

Chris Wallace helped Trump get more steam at the end by letting him go into a monologue about how the ballots and election is already rigged. That was absolutely disgusting & undemocratic, if I was the host I would have caught him off.

Trump needs to go, I have to spend time in the hospital and I don't want this ahole forcing Trudeau to open the Canadian border if he wins, which we all up her know, he is already trying to do.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    News headlines from Fox to Vox are ...

Trump Refused To Condemn White Supremacy Movement
    As ole Shawn Michaels would say , when I'm right I'm right...lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Oh verbally and in terms of public speaking, Hillary was better than Joe. She's a good orator. But she was never able to get her campaign message in the same way Biden did today. I don't know if that would have changed things but part of the problem with 2016 is that she didn't do a good enough job setting up the stakes clearly to her base. Ultimately it was a very close election and she had a lot of bad luck but again she didn't communicate her agenda and policies the way Biden has.
    The tragedy is that ultimately those emails look very insignificant compared to everything connected to Trump, going back to hearing about Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort and Don Jr eagerly meeting with a Russian official who had proposed giving them some "dirt" on Hillary. Again, there is just so much attached to him that would have destroyed any other normal candidate's chances that I do believe he has a pact with Satan (well, not really but it seems that way ) I really think one of his powers is to derail even someone who has a good idea of what message they want to convey. Probably comes from his childhood as a spoiled brat who always got his way.

Biden focused on the Woodward Confession and the $750 federal taxes.

Listening to Trump blatantly dodge and avoid Wallace directly asking him if the $750 was true or not was genuinely "3rd grade caught in the cookie jar" stuff.

That matters more than Trump University at this point in time.
    I bring that up because I recall reading about this years and years ago as a regular subscriber to Vanity Fair magazine. They had the goods on Trump for a long time. This kind of scandal would have scuttled many a candidate and during 2016. I would constantly bring that up to people I knew who said they would be voting for Trump. It was so blatantly crooked in such a petty way. Thinking back, it also was probably the first clue that he wasn't as rich as he liked people to believe if he would stoop to a swindle like that.

I think Trump even managed to deflect the Woodward stuff and the issue with his taxes somewhat, usually by just dismissing it and not allowing them to press the advantage by moving on to something else.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-29-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Most headlines now are about Trump not condemning white supremacists.

Him saying the “Proud Boys” should “stay back and stand by” isn’t playing well at all.

But again, Trump needs these thugs to cause trouble on election night. It’s stuff we’ve seen a lot in less developed democracies where despots use “milita” to disrupt elections to remain in power.