I love that The GOP is calling for unity. They really ae the party of healing. After years of supporting a mad man, ignoring covid, blocking covid relief, months of lies about a stolen election, and a failed coup they want to bring the country together. Oh as long as no one is held accountable, Trump and his lackeys are not punished because you know that is division, and no investigations because we have to put this behind us and heal.

What a party of heroes. I weep in sheer joy at the common sense and understanding these amazing people are showing. A red tide in 2022 I am saying it now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

That's a county party, a group of local political hacks.
    aka "the place where the future leaders of your party come from"

They're definitely not coastal elites.

My message to my fellow Americans and friends around the world following this week's attack on the Capitol.

A video message from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Worth watching. Found it on YouTube

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This party of heroes. This unity party. They are the same people who held armed Protests in front of the Ky Capital calling for the election to be over turned among other things. They didnt storm the Ky capital building. They never had plans to they claim. but they did bring guns and zip ties because in the words of one interviewed by a local tv station.

"This is not what happened in Washington. But we had to send a message. We brought our arms, which we of course have a legal right to do because after Washington there was a good chance we would be attacked and we wanted to defend ourselves from those trying to silence true patriots. And send the message that we are not going away just because our views are unpopular at the moment."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There isn't a misunderstanding. I fully believe you are disingenuously providing cover for Republican Congress members or their staff by blaming it solely on the Capitol Police.

Because even after these fanatics you keep defending fail at a violent coup... you'd apparently rather find a patsy than accept there's been a problem with your party's extremism for the past several years.

People died. More people, our elected House and Senate members, could have been lynched by people who literally were making nooses out of news cables when they were fended off. And yet...

You're deflecting. And the Arizona GOP took time out to censure Cindy McCain for having the nerve to stand up to Trump for attacking her deceased husband.

Like... there's "have you no decency" doesn't even cover what we're seeing right now.

Calls for "unity" that are on the condition that no one is punished for attempting a coup.

To hell with that.
    That Bobbit woman or whatever the glock her name is live-tweeted Pelosi's location during the attack.

Democratic Control of Senate Creates Path to Repeal Last-Minute Trump Policies

WASHINGTON—Democrats’ control of the Senate will make it easier for them to reverse parts of outgoing President Trump’s agenda, adding to the Biden administration’s toolbox a little-known congressional procedure to erase executive-branch regulations.

Mr. Trump, like his predecessors, ramped up the pace of federal rule-making during his final months in office, in areas from immigration to the environment and financial regulation. The administration put out three to four times its usual volume of rules in recent months, according to estimates by Daniel Pérez, an analyst at George Washington University Regulatory Studies Center.

Such measures, known as midnight regulations, are often vulnerable to rollback by an incoming administration of the opposing party.
    Agency heads appointed by a new president can scrap rules that have been finalized but not yet published in the Federal Register or delay implementation of ones that have been published but haven’t taken effect. And they can decline to defend rules challenged in court.

But control of both chambers of Congress by the president’s party unlocks an additional tool. The Congressional Review Act, or CRA, allows the Senate and House of Representatives to overturn regulations finalized by the executive branch in the previous 60 legislative days using a fast-track process that requires a simple majority vote. Most other legislation requires 60 votes to clear the Senate.

Mr. Pérez estimates the review period goes back to Aug. 21 and covers 1,313 rules published in the Federal Register as of Jan. 6.

Passed in 1996, the CRA was employed only once in its first two decades of existence—by the George W. Bush administration to overturn a Labor Department rule related to workplace ergonomics standards in 2001.

The act was used sparingly before 2017 because of a provision that bars federal agencies from taking future actions that are “substantially similar” to a rule that was repealed through the law.
    edit: The link to a Wall Street Journal article is being censored. I've asked the Admin if it can be fixed. You can search fro the article by the title if you want to read the whole thing until it is fixed.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-10-2021 at 07:43 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There isn't a misunderstanding. I fully believe you are disingenuously providing cover for Republican Congress members or their staff by blaming it solely on the Capitol Police.

Because even after these fanatics you keep defending fail at a violent coup... you'd apparently rather find a patsy than accept there's been a problem with your party's extremism for the past several years.

People died. More people, our elected House and Senate members, could have been lynched by people who literally were making nooses out of news cables when they were fended off. And yet...

You're deflecting. And the Arizona GOP took time out to censure Cindy McCain for having the nerve to stand up to Trump for attacking her deceased husband.

Like... there's "have you no decency" doesn't even cover what we're seeing right now.

Calls for "unity" that are on the condition that no one is punished for attempting a coup.

To hell with that.
    Again, Revolutionary Jack made a post about concerns that the rioters had inside knowledge. In the process, he linked to several articles. The articles were mainly about concerns of law enforcement complicity.

You quoted the portion of his post where he said "Jim Clyburn, Pramilla Jayapal, and other House members have said that they think it was an inside job." with the names of members of Congress.

I pointed out that the articles were about something different, and suggested that other people would have working knowledge of the capitol layout.

You responded with "I never quoted an article about who's taking the fall" before accusing me of gaslighting which was weird for multiple reasons, including that my post didn't say anything about any article on who's taking the fall.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love that The GOP is calling for unity. They really ae the party of healing. After years of supporting a mad man, ignoring covid, blocking covid relief, months of lies about a stolen election, and a failed coup they want to bring the country together. Oh as long as no one is held accountable, Trump and his lackeys are not punished because you know that is division, and no investigations because we have to put this behind us and heal.

What a party of heroes. I weep in sheer joy at the common sense and understanding these amazing people are showing. A red tide in 2022 I am saying it now.
    I say we unify behind convicting and executing Jefferson Doofus.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So Mets, who does speak for the Republican Party? Any Congressperson, Senator or even the President of the United States and leader of the Party? Or are they all just isolated figures who only speak for themselves?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I agree. What else could they be intimidated into doing? Nuking France?
    No, please, I'd rather like my country not to get dragged into this mess if I could, thank you!

Intermediary

we are united

united against Ted Cruz and the other collaborators

Intermediary

This is going to happen again, it may not happen in DC, but its going to happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So Mets, who does speak for the Republican Party? Any Congressperson, Senator or even the President of the United States and leader of the Party? Or are they all just isolated figures who only speak for themselves?
    Which comment was this in reference to?

While Republicans have diverse opinions (as do Democrats, of course) on policy and strategy, Mitch McConnell is the leader in the Senate, Kevin McCarthy is the leader in the House and Ronna McDaniel was re-elected as chair of the RNC. They would currently be the main people to speak for the party.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    This is going to happen again, it may not happen in DC, but its going to happen again
    Yup, this isn't the last violent gasp of Trumpism, this is just the beginning of the next stage, and with the support of traitors like Cruz and Hawley it would be going away any time soon either.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Which comment was this in reference to?

While Republicans have diverse opinions (as do Democrats, of course) on policy and strategy, Mitch McConnell is the leader in the Senate, Kevin McCarthy is the leader in the House and Ronna McDaniel was re-elected as chair of the RNC. They would currently be the main people to speak for the party.
    Kevin McCarthy should be charged with sedition or treason

whichever applies

it was probably someone in his office who gave these terrorists maps to the Capitol building