Page 322 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2222723123183193203213223233243253263323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The trump campaign announced it but he's replacing Kayleigh McEnany. Unless McEnany was also the campaign's press secretary.
    Thanks, who can keep up with that s#*tshow?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are you okay?

I ask because your language and terminology is very different than your normal posting. I've rarely seen you post " US vs. THEM."

Even though I disagree with 75% of what you say, I still care about you.

Just checking in.
    I legitimately appreciate the concern. I'm fine.

I didn't really think it was an US VS THEM post. If you're referring to the Coronavirus numbers by state, that was in response to a point about how Republican states have handled the Coronavirus, so it does seem relevant to point out that Texas and Florida have high populations.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! He NEVER had any answers, and doesn't care to find any. Meanwhile, I understand the Trump Magically Moronic Tour is headed to Arizona, just in time to take part in a recent spike in coronavirus cases. What's happening on that front?

====================

Noose Found In Garage Used By NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace

Wallace is the only Black driver in the sport’s top level and called for the Confederate flag to be banned from races earlier this month.

How We Can Reform Police Unions To Address Systemic Racism

Labor law experts are exploring ways to curtail the power of police unions, but any meaningful changes require political will.

House Judiciary Chairman: Calls For Barr’s Impeachment Are ‘Waste Of Time’

Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler said Senate Republicans were corrupt and wouldn’t remove the attorney general no matter what the evidence shows.

====================

In coronavirus news:

Second Wave Of Coronavirus Cases? Experts Say We’re Still In The First.

“When you have 20,000-plus infections per day, how can you talk about a second wave?” said Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health.

Florida Governor Ripped For Trying To Pin COVID-19 Spike On Hispanic Workers

Farmworker advocates called Ron DeSantis’ comments “shameful” after he said “overwhelmingly Hispanic” laborers were spreading the disease.

The Coronavirus Pandemic Doesn’t Care That We’re All Bored With It

From President Donald Trump on down, a lot of Americans are behaving as though the crisis is over. It isn’t.
    The investigation determined that the alleged noose had nothing to do with Bubba Wallace. It appears to have been a pull rope which had been there since October. Bubba Wallace was not assigned the garage until a few days ago.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...inkId=91636475
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-23-2020 at 11:48 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Damn! I take a nap after work and wake up to discover Baghdad Barbie’s been replaced. To quote the immortal Vince Lombardi:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...I'd watch that
    You've been watching it.
    We've all been watching it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I was about to post about those two! Oh boy.

I also see that Dr. Winnie has deleted that tweet, but don't worry! The Internet remembers!

Reading her page appears she gets her entire education from the school of Dennis Prager. You know, the guy who argues that "good, moral values" are the most important thing in the world and practically all of his and his supporters' articles can be debunked by using the very information they used for research?

Also... A QAnon believer.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 06-23-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You've been watching it.
    We've all been watching it.
    Living it. I only wish we'd been watching it

Noose Found In Garage Used By NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace

Wallace is the only Black driver in the sport’s top level and called for the Confederate flag to be banned from races earlier this month.
    Yeah, about that...

While it was pretty much an "egg on the face" moment for NASCAR and Bubba Wallace to jump the gun (his speech on "The View" particularly isn't going to look well), especially as that thing didn't look like a noose, people are absolutely making sure NASCAR and Wallace are given hell, calling Wallace "Bubba Smollett" and acting like NASCAR intentionally fibbed to fake sympathy. You know, Wallace was trying to pull an OJ Simpson (as in OJ Simpson during his playing career and in the 1980s, not the OJ Simpson everyone now knows... bad analogy, but if you ever saw "Made in America", it made sense) and do everything he could to distance himself from the fact he was African American in NASCAR for years. Now, especially given the Confederate flag has been banned, Wallace is now Public Enemy #1 to disgruntled fans who feel like the sport has been doing more to earn people who previously had no interest than cater to them.

And you can clearly tell assholes are just going to crawl out of the woodwork now that they have a black person to vilify.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Yeah, about that...

While it was pretty much an "egg on the face" moment for NASCAR and Bubba Wallace to jump the gun (his speech on "The View" particularly isn't going to look well), especially as that thing didn't look like a noose, people are absolutely making sure NASCAR and Wallace are given hell, calling Wallace "Bubba Smollett" and acting like NASCAR intentionally fibbed to fake sympathy. You know, Wallace was trying to pull an OJ Simpson (as in OJ Simpson during his playing career and in the 1980s, not the OJ Simpson everyone now knows... bad analogy, but if you ever saw "Made in America", it made sense) and do everything he could to distance himself from the fact he was African American in NASCAR for years. Now, especially given the Confederate flag has been banned, Wallace is now Public Enemy #1 to disgruntled fans who feel like the sport has been doing more to earn people who previously had no interest than cater to them.

And you can clearly tell assholes are just going to crawl out of the woodwork now that they have a black person to vilify.
    Bubba Smollett. OUCH! In the back of my mind, I feared something like this might happen when the story came out.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    To everyone sharing the many, many folks worthy of CSGOPOTD profiles today, thank you. And also, I feel like:

We finally did it. We broke him, folks.

Bubba Smollett. OUCH! In the back of my mind, I feared something like this might happen when the story came out.
    It is important to note that Bubba Wallace wasn't the one who freaked out about it. As noted in theathletic.com

I’ll say this one time: Absolutely NOT a Jussie Smollett situation. Do not blame Bubba Wallace. He never saw it and wasn’t the one to report it. He was TOLD about it by NASCAR and reacted like anyone else would.
    It wasn't based on any decision that Bubba Wallace made, and there's no reason to believe anyone made up anything. It seems to have been an honest mistake.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is important to note that Bubba Wallace wasn't the one who freaked out about it. As noted in theathletic.com

It wasn't based on any decision that Bubba Wallace made, and there's no reason to believe anyone made up anything. It seems to have been an honest mistake.
    Do you think irrational right wingers, Confederacy lovers and garden variety racists will accept that rationale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I'm actually starting to wonder if it wasn't a setup to make Bubba look bad. After all, while he never even saw it and didn't even report it himself, people are already pointing their fingers at him and saying he made it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm actually starting to wonder if it wasn't a setup to make Bubba look bad. After all, while he never even saw it and didn't even report it himself, people are already pointing their fingers at him and saying he made it all up.
    If so, then it's just as bad as if he did see it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Do you think irrational right wingers, Confederacy lovers and garden variety racists will accept that rationale?
    Of course not. There may have been a few things Bubba did erroneously that have immediately aged poorly, like his appearance on "The View" where he said some comments about people who didn't believe the story, but in general, they're not going to look at it and go "Some idiot, by happenstance, saw a rope hanging that's been danging since last fall in a garage that was assigned to Bubba Wallace by pure coincidence, had a freakout, told someone else, and then Bubba got word about it when it blew up, making it worse than what it was, leading to several awkward moments the past few days" and move on. They're going to go "that damn NASCAR is conspiring to make that Bubba Smollett a victim of a fake hate crime so everyone will feel sorry for him and we have to put up with more of that Black Lives Matter crap! He took away our flags, so we're gonna make him pay!"

And it's not like Bubba himself was a saint; he got angry and physical with a few drivers. Though I do need to address for all the people who wanna make fun of him for only have 6 Top 10s, remember the guy who rage quitted over the Confederate Flag not once finishing in the Top 20 in his career in the truck series, let alone Top 10?

A career Justice Department attorney who led the prosecution of Roger Stone says he was “explicitly” told that actions were being taken in Stone’s case out of fear of President Trump.

Aaron Zelinsky, an assistant U.S. attorney who also served on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, made the claim in written testimony posted Tuesday, ahead of his appearance before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday.

Zelinsky’s written testimony focuses on the DOJ’s move to water down the original sentencing recommendation that he and other career prosecutors submitted in the case. Zelensky ultimately withdrew from the case “over the political influence in the case.”

Zelinksy says that he was told that there was “pressure from the highest levels of the Department of Justice to cut Stone a break,” according to the written remarks.
    But what if the Democrats overreach?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/z...pening-remarks