Page 478 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3784284684744754764774784794804814824885285789781478 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump can't pronounce Yosemite.

Ah yes. Like one of my favorite cartoon characters Yo-sem-ite Sam.
    I guess he's never seen Looney Tunes.

Mighty Member

I asked someone I know from Colorado and they had this to say.
    That's how cops are in Colorado. I had a professor whose kids were arrested and made to confess to throwing missiles with intent to harm, for throwing rocks at a brick wall that the police department was on the other side of, unknown to the kids. The only reason they were not charged was the professor's wife was friends with the lady that runs their fundraiser.
    Being white isn't enough to stop them from fxxking with your kids.
    You need to be connected to their main source of funds.
    But I grew up In Colorado Springs, which had an active Klan till the 90s. I am pretty sure that black kids would have gotten it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I heard at least 25 dead.
    New estimate is 50 dead, 3000+ injured

Possible chemical explosion. Secondary explosion may have been caused by Nitrate storage at the site.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Here's some videos of the aftermath.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/04/89896...tering-windows
    Astonishing. The blast must’ve been felt for miles around. Fireworks? Nahhhhh! Not buying that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Astonishing. The blast must’ve been felt for miles around. Fireworks? Nahhhhh! Not buying that!
    There were reports of people in the mountains surrounding the city being knocked off of their feet by the blast.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

The US sent Brazil millions of hydroxychloroquine doses. Months later, they're still in storage

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/04/a...ntl/index.html

It is nice to know Trump is spending taxpayer money to help an ally of the USA

Extraordinary Member

The blast was reportedly felt in Cyprus, which is 275 kilometres away. Now they're saying it was caused by explosive materials which had been seized from a ship some years or months ago and were being stored at the port.

Extraordinary Member

On a less horrific note, it seems Iran has accidentally created a partial blockade of its own main naval port by sinking its mock-up US naval carrier in a place it shouldn't have been sunk.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutto.../#6b9cb1bffe75

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

https://www.businessinsider.com/kare...-praise-2020-8

I wonder if Karen Bass is really good enough to be one heartbeat away from the presidency. At least she's no Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post

I wonder if Karen Bass is really good enough to be one heartbeat away from the presidency. At least she's no Pence.
    Between her Scientology stuff and positive views of Castro she is a disaster because she's either an idiot or a liar.

I personally wish he'd pick Tammy Duckworth but because she's not black she isn't getting serious consideration. Duckworth has the experience and most importantly to me the credibility since no one can ever question her bonafides when it comes to military action given what she went through. Even on things I don't agree with her on I can't help but respect her for her sacrifice and the fact she served unlike draft dodgers like Bill Clinton and Trump. So since it has to be a black female the only one I find acceptable of the names being bandied about is Kamala Harris. She has the experience and credibility to step in as president if necessary and given Biden's seeming dementia and age there is a good chance she might have to. Plus whoever gets nominated is almost certainly the 2024 candidate for president since even if Biden is still alive I'm not sure he's going to mentally fit to run again. Demings and Bottoms are both way too inexperienced to president and Susan Rice, while having good experience, has way too much baggage and might drag the ticket down.

In a press conference just now Trump again praised mail in balloting in Florida because “they have a great Republican Governor” who is on his side. The Democrats need to send a freaking army of poll watchers down to Florida because something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I heard at least 25 dead.
    Yeah, the news changed fast on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In a press conference just now Trump again praised mail in balloting in Florida because “they have a great Republican Governor” who is on his side. The Democrats need to send a freaking army of poll watchers down to Florida because something is up.
    They just cleared their rolls again.

I think it has more to do with that the midwest and Texas are pushing to change to mail-in, too, so he has to save face.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

She also made sure to add a eulogy to Oneil Marion Cannon, former USA Communist Party leader, to the congressional record.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-leader-391455

There's other stuff in their background.

Tablet Magazine last week revealed that Bass belonged to an organization called the Venceremos Brigade, founded in the 1970s by pro-Cuba leftists. She was described as a leader of the group in a 1975 communist publication, but her office denied she had that role. An anti-communist writer in the conservative Epoch Times on Sunday dug into her past — including comments she once made about how “I grew up with a lot of red diaper babies” — and asked in a headline “Karen Bass: Will Joe Biden Choose a Pro-Communist Running Mate?”
    I wonder how much of this is the shortcomings of one notable politician (former leader of a California state legislative body, current chairwoman of a prominent Congressional group) and how much of it is just the lack of scrutiny people get when they're not seen as contenders for national office.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 08-04-2020 at 04:45 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She also made sure to add a eulogy to Oneil Marion Cannon, former USA Communist Party leader, to the congressional record.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-leader-391455

There's other stuff in their background.

I wonder how much of this is the shortcomings of one notable politician (former leader of a California state legislative body, current chairwoman of a prominent Congressional group) and how much of it is just the lack of scrutiny people get when they're not seen as contenders for national office.
    I think it only matters in how much Trump can wield the information against her to garner votes for the Republican Party. To be friends with a Communist doesn't seem to be as damning as to be friends with say a white supremacist.

I am more perturbed by her “comandante en jefe,” comment in 2016. That shows that she hasn't outgrown the radicalism of her 20's when she was a frequent flyer to Cuba. More importantly though, picking a candidate that has pro Cuba sentiments could cost Biden a lot of votes in Florida. She could be a risky choice.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...bass-vp-341931

Was she ever? Every potential VP name that comes up just seems like out of left field speculation to make headlines more exciting.
    Biden is way too boring for that, I'm sure he's going to pick Harris. That's the safe predictable pick, and that's the kind of guy he's pitching himself as.