Page 744 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24464469473474074174274374474574674774875479484412441744 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Didn't watch the whole debate cause it was right in the middle of the night where i live and cause, well, meh, but man, the bits i saw this noon in the news? Priceless.

I said it and i'm going to say it again, you Americans have a natural gift for entertainment.
    Sadly The White House and Senate have devolved into a never ending episode of Saturday Night Live. Just a never ending parody a government.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's bluffing. GOP pollsters are trying to discourage dems from voting so they try and be scary.
    Yeah, agreed. Its the only tactic left to Trump's people now

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I could be reading this all wrong, but I think Biden might have a problem regarding the remaining debates. It's clear Trump has zero intention of being a responsible adult and discussing policy or issues facing the nation, his one and only objective is to bully, to disrupt, to be a loudmouthed *******, and he's not going to change, if anything, he'll only be worse if given a second chance. That said, if Biden were to say "No mas" and pull out of the remaining debates because trying to be civil with an orangutan hellbent on throwing **** against the wall is a waste of time, right wingers, conservatives and the talking heads on Faux News will gleefully jump on that with both feet, calling Biden weak and unable to handle pressure, something that would give voters second thoughts about his ability to lead the nation. While I seriously doubt Biden's weak, from what I've heard and read, he wasn't prepared for Trump's thuggish antics and it got to him, and a second debate would only see more of the same. Unless Trump decides once was enough to get his vulgar message across and quits, I think Biden has no choice but to carry on to the next debate, even if the chances are excellent it'll devolve into another dumpster fire like last night. Again, I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that'll do Biden a lick of good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Didn't watch the whole debate cause it was right in the middle of the night where i live and cause, well, meh, but man, the bits i saw this noon in the news? Priceless.

I said it and i'm going to say it again, you Americans have a natural gift for entertainment.
    Incidentally, what is the immigration policy to your country?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be reading this all wrong, but I think Biden might have a problem regarding the remaining debates. It's clear Trump has zero intention of being a responsible adult and discussing policy or issues facing the nation, his one and only objective is to bully, to disrupt, to be a loudmouthed *******, and he's not going to change, if anything, he'll only be worse if given a second chance. That said, if Biden were to say "No mas" and pull out of the remaining debates because trying to be civil with an orangutan hellbent on throwing **** against the wall is a waste of time, right wingers, conservatives and the talking heads on Faux News will gleefully jump on that with both feet, calling Biden weak and unable to handle pressure, something that would give voters second thoughts about his ability to lead the nation. While I seriously doubt Biden's weak, from what I've heard and read, he wasn't prepared for Trump's thuggish antics and it got to him, and a second debate would only see more of the same. Unless Trump decides once was enough to get his vulgar message across and quits, I think Biden has no choice but to carry on to the next debate, even if the chances are excellent it'll devolve into another dumpster fire like last night. Again, I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that'll do Biden a lick of good.
    Both sides have to negotiate the terms with the Debate Committee and abide by the rules. If not, they have the authority to make decisions regarding what happens.

There is also the VP debates, which should be more civil and far more informative than this one was. I think those disappointed by last night are waiting too see what happens in the VP debates.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Both sides have to negotiate the terms with the Debate Committee and abide by the rules. If not, they have the authority to make decisions regarding what happens.

There is also the VP debates, which should be more civil and far more informative than this one was. I think those disappointed by last night are waiting too see what happens in the VP debates.
    With the VP debates, Harris needs to be careful because Pence walks in with lower expectations than her. I think Pence is lightweight and not a good speaker basically, but he does have lower expectations going in than Harris does.

Astonishing Member

Well the only bright side I heard in terms of more debates is the next one is town hall format.
    I mean if trump comes in with the same I'm not going to even try to abide by any rules approach with actual voter questions it's to his detriment.

I mean what's he gonna do argue with a voter like he did Chris Wallace?

Other than that moderators can only turn the mics off and if that doesn't come up on negotiating the next few they are silly.

Why would you listen to FoxNews' desperate attempt to excuse Trumps **** show. What America saw was an out of control bully and a man who stayed calm and looked into the camera and spoke directly to them about their lives. They say a obnoxious ******* tell his Supremacist followers to "stand by" and a man who talked about being President of everybody.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Man it is hard to watch Trumpers. And I live with a hardcore one so I hear it 24 hours a day.

Trump won the debate, he was well prepared and spoke like a master, His plans for the country are amazing. He would have been more civil and more willing to follow the rules if Wallace and Biden did not start attacking him. Biden was a tired old man who could not make a statement without messing up. Biden would not call out Antifa even though he was asked yes or no if he would.

How can they see something with their own eyes and twist it around like this. It amazes me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The real loser of this debate is Chris Wallace who is taking so much hate for how things went down.

I know people are saying they should have a mic shutoff button for Trump on the next two debates. That will never happen. Trump going nuts like that makes for great ratings. How many people who didnt watch the first debate are going to tune into the next one to see Trump **** over everything?

Hell tv porducers were drooling. How often can you have the compleate break down of a president on live tv. No way they will risk missing that by muting his mic.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I saw part of an appearance Biden made this morning and he appeared tired and was very subdued and lackluster. He needs to avoid that kind of appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I saw part of an appearance Biden made this morning and he appeared tired and was very subdued and lackluster. He needs to avoid that kind of appearance.
    The debate really got to him last night. That was clear during the debate and how he looks and acts today. I know he wanted to get a post debate stop in. But maybe he should have made it in the afternoon or evening so he could have gotten more rest because I very much doubt he got much sleep last night.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The real loser of this debate is Chris Wallace who is taking so much hate for how things went down.
    1000%. As someone who has never found him particularly impressive it was expected. He doesn't have the personality or temperament to conduct this show. Being the least offensive under the guise of most professional head on FOX News isn't an actual qualification imo. Also it's not like he's never interviewed this clown before either, quite recently. My go to is to compare FOX News to the old WWF roster of pomp and circumstance and Chris Wallace is no Gene Okerlund, RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Sadly The White House and Senate have devolved into a never ending episode of Saturday Night Live. Just a never ending parody a government.
    They're funnier than SNL, though.

And not even a good one. It's like the post-Eddie Murphy years of SNL.
    Watching television is not an activity.