A bit of good news I just heard. The family of the German woman who was believed to have been killed has released a statement that she is, in fact alive. She was brought to a hospital in Gaza by a Palestinian, and is said to have severe head trauma, but she is alive.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    A bit of good news I just heard. The family of the German woman who was believed to have been killed has released a statement that she is, in fact alive. She was brought to a hospital in Gaza by a Palestinian, and is said to have severe head trauma, but she is alive.
    Oh, that would be wonderful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No, there's a whole 'left not liberal' thing in that section of politics. They don't consider 'liberals' to be 'left'. 'Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds' type rhetoric. It's all very stupid and self-destructive politically.
    I am on a discord that has two such people. A horror game discord of all things. One is Irish I am not sure about the second. One of their biggest causes is that North Korea is some kind of communist paradise and it only looks bad because of a conspiracy of capitalist countries smearing it's good name. I wish i was making that up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    "US offers hostage rescue support to Israel
    Sky News can confirm the United States has offered hostage rescue support to Israel.

According to a senior defence official, US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin offered the hostage rescue support to his Israeli counterpart, Minister Yoav Gallant, during a weekend phone call.

The offer comes as the Israeli and American governments try to secure the release or rescue of hostages in Gaza - some of whom are believed to be American.

An Israeli government official has said as many as 150 hostages are thought to be inside Gaza."
    Nice thought, not possible. They're dead, I'm afraid. Considering the IDF found about 40 babies Hamas had murdered, beheading some of them, I don't think there's any chance of them being recovered alive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Oh, that would be wonderful.
    I am hopeful, but skeptical. Hopefully hope wins out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If you want to continue to ignore the context of the situation, then be my guest.

Going by your logic, the US "deserved" 9/11 because majority Americans voted for governments that were involved in the rise of Al-Qaeda.

This doesn't make sense does it.
    No one in America voted for the rise of Al-Qaeda, I don't know where you got that. Neither Clinton nor Bush, for all their faults, did anything to establish AQ.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thinks most Germans in WWII were unaware of what the Nazis were doing, and thus bore no responsibility for their actions? It's pretty much the same thing, save only the Hamas doesn't have quite the resources of the Nazis to murder people.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Nice thought, not possible. They're dead, I'm afraid. Considering the IDF found about 40 babies Hamas had murdered, beheading some of them, I don't think there's any chance of them being recovered alive.
    They need 1) Leverage to exchange hostages and 2) Human shields to act as deterrent for attacks on Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I am on a discord that has two such people. A horror game discord of all things. One is Irish I am not sure about the second. One of their biggest causes is that North Korea is some kind of communist paradise and it only looks bad because of a conspiracy of capitalist countries smearing it's good name. I wish i was making that up.
    We had someone here for a long time who unceasingly defended China and downplayed it’s treatment of the Uyghurs like it was their f***ing job.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Research of your opinion? I already know that. You didn't answer because you can't. Hamas are NOT Germans---they ARE the people of Gaza. Even the kids in Gaza have been bombarded since they were born by Hamas propaganda that dehumanizes Jews, women, gays...and sanctions violence against any and all of those groups. They get no other side, so its reasonable to assume that most of them share Hamas values, such as they are. Where exactly do you get this business about Hamas being significantly divergent from the ordinary people of Gaza? Wishful thinking? That won't cut it. You may scoff at polls showing the opposite, but I don't see you showing anything to the contrary. Convince me otherwise if you can by showing counter examples while explaining why they are more relevant than polls.

Look, I wish it were different, but it isn't. That's a reality the Israelis and the rest of the world are eventually going to have to come to grips with.
    I’ve been thinking of the people of Gaza as being more like the Native Americans. Many of the parallels are uncomfortably familiar.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-10-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They need 1) Leverage to exchange hostages and 2) Human shields to act as deterrent for attacks on Gaza
    What leverage could they possibly have against people willing to kill or let die anyone, including their own families, and who likely expect death, followed by a great reward in Heaven? And considering some of the very people Israel "exchanged" last time were the ones who ordered and planned this one, I don't think the Israelis will be in favor of that.

And outright rescue isn't possible, since they are probably hidden all over Gaza in tunnels the Israelis and for that matter the Americans don't know about.

Ultimate Member

No one in America voted for the rise of Al-Qaeda, I don't know where you got that. Neither Clinton nor Bush, for all their faults, did anything to establish AQ.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thinks most Germans in WWII were unaware of what the Nazis were doing, and thus bore no responsibility for their actions? It's pretty much the same thing, save only the Hamas doesn't have quite the resources of the Nazis to murder people.
    No, I am saying that US citizens voted for govts that have sanctioned and waged wars around the world.

The US went in and wrecked Iraq under the guise of lies, does that mean that US citizens deserve reprisals for their government?

Note that people voted for George W.Bush twice. Does this mean that Americans are hateful, warmongers? yes or no?

Extraordinary Member

I have never been so disappointed with my college. They evidently had a pro-Hamas rally where they had posters of the "heroic" terrorists on hang-gliders. One wonder where the posters of the heroic murder of 40 babies, some beheaded, was. Damn, no I have to pretend not to have gone to that place. Sickos.

And will someone please tell George Takei to please shut up? Lecturing Jews...today...on what YOUR community went through in WWII just isn't cool; it makes you seem like a self-centered idiot.

Astonishing Member

I have never been so disappointed with my college. They evidently had a pro-Hamas rally where they had posters of the "heroic" terrorists on hang-gliders. One wonder where the posters of the heroic murder of 40 babies, some beheaded, was. Damn, no I have to pretend not to have gone to that place. Sickos.

And will someone please tell George Takei to please shut up? Lecturing Jews...today...on what YOUR community went through in WWII just isn't cool; it makes you seem like a self-centered idiot.
    Yea, I'm surprised by the amount of people that support Hamas. I'm wondering if they're not aware that there isn't much difference between Hamas and the Israeli government, both are committing terrorism on each other. IMO, the only difference is that Hamas sees all Israelis as terrorists but Israel only sees Hamas as the terrorists but bot hare deliberately targeting civilians.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If you want to continue to ignore the context of the situation, then be my guest.

Going by your logic, the US "deserved" 9/11 because majority Americans voted for governments that were involved in the rise of Al-Qaeda.

This doesn't make sense does it.
    Yea Americans are so stupid for not using their crystal balls before they vote.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    there isn't much difference between Hamas and the Israeli government, both are committing terrorism on each other.
    Just when I think that internet comments on this topic can't get any dumber, I read this. This beats all of them.

From the same author or "marijuana causes psychosis"
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-10-2023 at 12:26 PM.