Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What are the chances that tidbit won't be mentioned, least of all on Faux News which has made a cottage industry out having promoted anti-vaxxing?

Again, just 0.001 percent of fully vaccinated people have died from the virus.
    I heard it discussed briefly on MSNBC, though most of the talk now is about tributes to Powell, which normally is perfectly understandable.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter is all abuzz about fully vaccinated people dying now. This is going to make things much harder.

New Info: Colin Powell also had Cancer. That may have been a contributing factor. That and his age.
    Cancer, as well as cancer treatments, can wreak havoc on one's immune system.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Twitter is all abuzz about fully vaccinated people dying now. This is going to make things much harder.

New Info: Colin Powell also had Cancer. That may have been a contributing factor. That and his age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Cancer, as well as cancer treatments, can wreak havoc on one's immune system.
    I don't have his lab values in front of me, but if he had chemo recently, that can obliterate your white blood cell count during treatments. And if you don't have those... you'll have a slowed immune response, even with vaccination. It can take weeks after a chemo dose to have the bone marrow properly replace white blood cells into the active blood stream.

Anti-vaxxers won't think about those mitigating circumstances, though, and are going to start claiming the vaccine is what killed him like a bunch of f***ing loons.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't have his lab values in front of me, but if he had chemo recently, that can obliterate your white blood cell count during treatments. And if you don't have those... you'll have a slowed immune response, even with vaccination. It can take weeks after a chemo dose to have the bone marrow properly replace white blood cells into the active blood stream.

Anti-vaxxers won't think about those mitigating circumstances, though, and are going to start claiming the vaccine is what killed him like a bunch of f***ing loons.
    You have to [and I hate to do so] his family for giving out a statement that just said that he died of COVID complications, instead fo saying he died of COVID Complications mitigated by his Cancer. Or something like that.

Fox news is being their normal classy self. Yes they did some nice tributes. But they also had a guy they did a phone interview not talk about his accomplishments but rather how Powel hated Trump and backed Biden in 2020 and it is just a shame that the world will now know how he feels about that now. So the sadness isnt that a man died. but that we wont here if he regrets backing Biden. And of course the hosts agreed with that.

They are also going nuts on Biden not wearing a mask at a DC restaurant this weekend despite the mandate.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You have to [and I hate to do so] his family for giving out a statement that just said that he died of COVID complications, instead fo saying he died of COVID Complications mitigated by his Cancer. Or something like that.
    I suppose it's likely the Powell family weren't thinking about that when they issued their statement, that it never occurred to them to mention the cancer complications. In lieu of not having any other information, I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt. I don't want to consider the possibility the family intentionally omitted the cancer diagnosis to make it appear that COVID alone felled Powell, despite his having been vaccinated. That's too damn sinister for words.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox news is being their normal classy self. Yes they did some nice tributes. But they also had a guy they did a phone interview not talk about his accomplishments but rather how Powel hated Trump and backed Biden in 2020 and it is just a shame that the world will now know how he feels about that now. So the sadness isnt that a man died. but that we wont here if he regrets backing Biden. And of course the hosts agreed with that.

They are also going nuts on Biden not wearing a mask at a DC restaurant this weekend despite the mandate.
    To quote Lt. Saavik (Robin Curtis) from Star Trek III: The Search For Spock, it is time for total truth between us, I wasn't wearing a mask while I was in a pizzeria early Saturday afternoon....but that was because I was eating. Perhaps that was the case with Biden too, just a guess.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suppose it's likely the Powell family weren't thinking about that when they issued their statement, that it never occurred to them to mention the cancer complications. In lieu of not having any other information, I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt. I don't want to consider the possibility the family intentionally omitted the cancer diagnosis to make it appear that COVID alone felled Powell, despite his having been vaccinated. That's too damn sinister for words.

To quote Lt. Saavik (Robin Curtis) from Star Trek III: The Search For Spock, it is time for total truth between us, I wasn't wearing a mask while I was in a pizzeria early Saturday afternoon....but that was because I was eating. Perhaps that was the case with Biden too, just a guess.
    I think his family may have just not thought of it. Powel hates Trump and backed Biden. he was also pro vaccine so I doubt they would hurt that by making i4t sound like the vaccine was bad or to take a cheap shot at Biden over Civid or something.

And yep I am sure Biden was just eating. The video they showed was like a 5 second clip of him walking in the restaurant looks like he was leaving. So they are going on about how he does wear a mask with Zoom calls or when talking to reporters, times he knows when the camera is on him but not when he thinks no one is watching. Also the mayor of Chicago was at the WNBA game without a mask. They are running with both.

Now they did say both have had the vaccine and boosters so they shouldnt need the masks but they are going on about how they are violating the mandates they cried for and are in favor of and it is typical" Dem will tell you what to do but I wont do it myself" spin they run with.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

High court sides with police in use-of-force cases

In a pair of unsigned opinions, the Supreme Court overturned the denial of qualified immunity for police officers in excessive force cases out of California and Oklahoma.
    WASHINGTON (CN) — Enforcing qualified immunity rights for police officers, the Supreme Court on Monday summarily reversed two lower court orders that allowed excessive force cases against officers to move forward.

This story is developing…
    Yesh......not good.......

The GOP packed the Court with fascist. They got what they wanted, a court that doesn't believe in Rights of regular citizens.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The GOP packed the Court with fascist. They got what they wanted, a court that doesn't believe in Rights of regular citizens.
    And, least of all, people of color, which was what the GQP intended.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Seeing this quote from Terry Pratchett making the rounds right now that sums up what the problem is with Chapelle's transphobic rant:

Satire should ridicule corrupt power. But it can also be used simply to point out absurdities in society. For instance, I think it's absurd how many rap artists refer to themselves in the third person in their songs. Would it be wrong to do a satirical rap pointing out that bit of absurdity?
    Watching television is not an activity.

I just read on Slate that what Powell had was Myolemia - or in layman's terms: blood Cancer. His immune system was shot whether he had recently had chemo or not.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dana Carvey is one of my favorite people all-time in comedy...

And honestly, there's stuff from twenty years ago doesn't hold up well. There's some ethnic caricatures in Master of Disguise that come to mind, but here's the thing...

When I watch Dana Carvey NOW, he knows better. If someone brought it up, he'd own up to it and apologize. But he saves his impressions to flatter people who deserve it (recently his Anthony Fauci) or to mock people who truly have it coming (the John Bolton he did on Colbert).

Comedy isn't a perfect science. It isn't.

What I'm seeing from Chapelle is a committed campaign of bullying. There's not jokes. It's, "I refuse to acknowledge these people with respect, and f*** THEM for getting angry about it." When that's a running plotline that's gone on for years and you dedicate a half hour of a special to attacking a group that's already marginalized, you're over the line of what you're using that platform for.

With Chappelle I don't think he sees it as bullying , more of his type of what he does on stage . Hell I just saw a spot where in Texas back a few years ago he jokes about possibky walking into KFC and seeing everyone working there wearing KKK hoods etc. He is like... well f-ck this I want that 2 piece bad enough since I love the Colonel. I can take it..

That is the type of aspect he seems to really be at. Well my humor (which people can say isn't humor etc and its their right) is this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yah I'd stop short of calling Chapelle a bully. Mainly because as a minority he has been bullied all his life and his comedy is primarily making fun of the vast majority of white people in the U.S. who do that, blatantly or not, regardless of their sexual identity.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I'd stop short of calling Chapelle a bully. Mainly because as a minority he has been bullied all his life and his comedy is primarily making fun of the vast majority of white people in the U.S. who do that, blatantly or not, regardless of their sexual identity.
    A POC who has been bullied can still be a bully as we see in his special. At least towards Trans. If it was a one off fine i could go the not a bully thing. but he has been doing it for years.