Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Flynn is complete sleeze. Plead guilty for lying to Congress...TWICE. Of course Trump is going to pardon a rat like this. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tries to pardon himself early.

Trump Cult say that it was the FBI that coerced Flynn and made him the victim. So all those indictments, arrests, and even convictions are all bogus and coincidental? Trump never lied nor did anything wrong?
    And this is only the start. Meanwhile, silence from congressional Republicans who continue looking the other way. I never, EVER want them to say they’re about law and order when they clearly don’t give a damn about it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There are a few that committed crimes or were indicted that I would not support. (my brain isn't giving me any names). But usually, Democrats resign or don't run when this happens. Scandals don't seem to upend Republicans.

Oh yeah, Anthony Weiner was one.
    Weiner has almost been out of office for a decade now. Franken for almost four years.

I've profiled a lot of Republicans who are of the "yeah, AND...?" when they're exposed as sexual predators and/or affiliated with hate groups. This reminds me, I have to check on a Missouri state legislator, Rick Roeber, whose three daughters are all begging he not be seated in the state legislature after a Republican leaning district still elected him even though in the weeks prior to the election, they outed him as having molested them. At last check, they're going to seat him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Out of curiosity, what Democrats have crossed a line that you, in a position of actually supporting them, did you turn your back on?

Or, in a hypothetical, what would it take for you to no longer support a Democrat, and how would you go about that? Would you not vote for them? Would you vote for no one, third party, republican? I am genuinely curious.
    It's been a while since this happened, but Elliot Spitzer comes to mind quite readily. The guy made his name prosecuting exactly the same crime he commuted - otherwise I might not have been as angry over it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's been a while since this happened, but Elliot Spitzer comes to mind quite readily. The guy made his name prosecuting exactly the same crime he commuted - otherwise I might not have been as angry over it.
    I was just about to mention Spitzer. And yes, I would have had less of a problem with it if he hadn't spent his entire career as a prosecutor going after prostitution. But even Spitzer had enough class to resign rather than be forced out or voted out of office.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

French lawmakers pass controversial bill that restricts the publication of images of police

"If people cannot film anything in the streets when the police may sometimes have an illegal use of force it's a very worrying message to send," according to Cecile Coudriou, president of Amnesty International France.
    "On one hand, citizens are asked to accept the possibility of being filmed under the pretext that they have nothing to fear if they have done nothing wrong. And at the same time the police refuse to be filmed, which is a right in every democracy in the world."
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Weiner has almost been out of office for a decade now. Franken for almost four years.

I've profiled a lot of Republicans who are of the "yeah, AND...?" when they're exposed as sexual predators and/or affiliated with hate groups. This reminds me, I have to check on a Missouri state legislator, Rick Roeber, whose three daughters are all begging he not be seated in the state legislature after a Republican leaning district still elected him even though in the weeks prior to the election, they outed him as having molested them. At last check, they're going to seat him.
    But hey, both sides are just as bad, right, guys?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And he resigned. But perv Roy Moore runs for Senate and almost gets elected. Jim Jordan helped hide child rape and is re-elected.
    And Purdue and Loeffler are paying no price for their corruption.

And let's not mention the 320 lb orange elephant in the room.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Saw this on NPB tonight.

Only Certain Blue Lives Matter: WA state liquor agents followed and confronted after notifying Tri-Cities bar of COVID violation.

I appreciate that they linked the source publication.

This town in Washington is known as the Birmingham of Washington and is a sundown town as recent as 1986.

Made me really sad.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-25-2020 at 09:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    - Greater role for due process in university Sexual Assault/ Harassment investigations
    A guy with multiple accusers made it harder for accusers. Color me surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Saw this on NPB tonight.

Only Certain Blue Lives Matter: WA state liquor agents followed and confronted after notifying Tri-Cities bar of COVID violation.

I appreciate that the linked the source publication.

This town in Washington is known as the Birmingham of Washington and is a sundown town as recent as 1986.

Made me really sad.
    Kennewick/Richland, man. *shakes head*

I hate Tri Cities, and I don’t love Pasco, but while heavily segregated, it was the only part of Tri Cities black peoples could live in.
    Last edited by Joker; 11-25-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    A guy with multiple accusers made it harder for accusers. Color me surprised!
    And Mets thinks making it harder for victims to come forward is a good thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in a shock to no one , the computer repairman who had the Hunter Biden laptop has closed his shop and left town.

https://news.yahoo.com/computer-repa...l&uh_test=2_04
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This reminds me, I have to check on a Missouri state legislator, Rick Roeber, whose three daughters are all begging he not be seated in the state legislature after a Republican leaning district still elected him even though in the weeks prior to the election, they outed him as having molested them. At last check, they're going to seat him.
    I've been keeping an eye on it and haven't seen anything, but ... what..????

Rick Roeber, also known as Barefoot Rick, is a barefoot runner and politician that uses his barefoot running ministry to help addicts, alcoholics, and the homeless.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

If Hillary was elected president of the United States 4 years ago America would be as advanced as any other European country.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    If Hillary was elected president of the United States 4 years ago America would be as advanced as any other European country.
    Not sure what you mean by “advanced” but I really doubt she would have really transformed American society that much.

If you look at health care systems in many Scandinavian countries and the social welfare systems they have in place...I don’t think there is any realistic chance she would have brought them about..for several reasons.

First..the President alone doesn’t have the powers to do that...the united support of the two houses would be needed.

Second...she didn’t stand on a platform saying she would do something like that.

Third...taxes would need to go up very substantially to pay for it all.

Turning to social attitudes on things like race, abortion, general tolerance...those sectors of society that are bigoted wouldn’t disappear just because Hilary was in charge.