The live cameras in the rotunda are right now showing protestors milling around inside, taking pictures and waving flags. Unbelievable.

Astonishing Member

What about the national security implications? Seriously all of America's leadership is there. This is nuts. And this was encouraged by trump. This isn't even mentioning the Covid-19 breaches now. All the efforts and protections to be as clean as possible now we have randos walking around.

Now I'm firmly behind him being impeached again. Never allowed to hold office again

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ossoff is now within 500 votes of Perdue. I'd say it's over for Perdue.

Edit: Wasserman just called it for Ossoff. Dems sweep the Gerogia senate run offs.
    Yesterday, I would not have believed it.

Stacey Abrams may get to live long enough hear history call her the woman that helped save democracy in the USA.

As delighted as I am, those of us that detest Trumpism cannot afford complacency. This is like Doug Jones' Senate win two years ago in Alabama: Dems won GA because the GOP did everything wrong that they could think of, and the wins were narrow. Not saying this rolls back on '22, Dems have got to be smart for the next 18 months. The good news is they're likely to have an economic rebound on their side.

I can't help wondering if enough Republican Senators will decide that it's time for new leadership. Sure, they're laying a majority of the blame on Trump, but they were bound to be furious at McConnell's handling of the Stimulus Bill.

The funny thing is, technically, the Capital Building is open to the public. Normally you woudl have go through metal detectors and of course enter through the front, but they are allowed inside.

This is like Storming your own house, which is stupid! This whole thing is stupid.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I have always believed in the rule of law and in society. Even when I was in prison I knew that I deserved to be there because I broke the law and that is the response to that. because that is the law. Yes in the last year I have seen police kill innocent people for now reason other then the color of their skin, and getting away with it. i have seen law makers lie and cheat and steal, I have seen the president who is supposed to up hold the law and constitution repeatedly not give a damn and break all the things he took an oath to defend.

I never paid much attention until the last two years. What I have seen has really opened my eyes and has shaken me and my beliefs to the core. And today I see and attempted revolution. I just dont know what to think right now. I am at a loss for words.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You know why, I know why, we ALL know why....BECAUSE THOSE BASTARDS ARE WHITE!
    In all fairness, if today’s forms of protests can burn down a police station with little to no consequence, then simply being an (albeit aggressive, and yes, illegal) waste of space in a public building may as well be the “kiddie end of the pool”, metaphorically speaking.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 01-06-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Entire house floor being evacuated with gas masks because there is pepper spray in the rotunda

Donnie Junior is condemning the actions of the protestors.

2021 is proving to be odd already ...

It should also be noted that due to the stop in the EC counting, Trump has 12 votes to Bidens 0.

You already have people saying since they stopped counting, Trump is POTUS.

It looks like it is going to be a bad day ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Empty is thy hand!

To anyone in Georgia who voted and can see this: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

As far as DC is concerned, the police knew this was coming. They're letting it happen. Another shameful day in Trump's four years of shame.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    In all fairness, if today’s forms of protests can burn down a police station with little to no consequence, then simply being an (albeit aggressive) waste of space in a public building may as well be the “kiddie end of the pool”, metaphorically speaking.
    Sorry, this attempt at establishing some scale that renders what's happening anything less than a criminal, seditious assault on the lawful government of the United States, fostered by its own fucking chief executive, is flat out bullshit.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Capitol under siege by Y'allQueda. Jesus Christ...

EDIT: Now getting reports protestors have breached the building and are outside both chambers of congress.
    ... waving confederate flags.

There will be blood.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have always believed in the rule of law and in society. Even when I was in prison I knew that I deserved to be there because I broke the law and that is the response to that. because that is the law. Yes in the last year I have seen police kill innocent people for now reason other then the color of their skin, and getting away with it. i have seen law makers lie and cheat and steal, I have seen the president who is supposed to up hold the law and constitution repeatedly not give a damn and break all the things he took an oath to defend.

I never paid much attention until the last two years. What I have seen has really opened my eyes and has shaken me and my beliefs to the core. And today I see and attempted revolution. I just dont know what to think right now. I am at a loss for words.
    These people are lashing out because at their core they know what they are...losers. They relate to the confederates, the traitors who lost, the nazis who lost, and now Trump, a one-term president who couldn't even build a wall, who lost. They backed the wrong horse. He made them feel like winners though, and they don't want that feeling to go away. They don't have a plan, storm the capital then what, demand that they make Trump their forever God-emperor? He won't improve their lives, he doesn't want to, but he'll make them feel better than those "other" people who have been taking something away from them. Our culture has turned equality into a zero-sum game. It doesn't have to be this way, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    ... waving confederate flags.

There will be blood.
    Cnn is reporting an armed stand off outside the door of the House.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Republican from Illinois, tweeted calling it a "coup attempt."

Rep. Dan Newhouse, a Republican from Washington, is calling for Articles of Impeachment on the 11 Senators and Trump.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium