Page 918 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 4188188689089149159169179189199209219229289681018 ... LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 17894
  1. #13756
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    As I have commented before, being Jewish does NOT preclude one from ALSO being a Nazi/neo-Nazi.

    In the world of fiction, check out the Ryan Gosling movie, THE BELIEVER, in which he plays a self-loathing Jewish man who joins a neo-Nazi group and gets caught up in a plot to bomb his home synagogue.

    In real life history, check out the likes of Erhard Milch, who was 'Aryanized' by Hitler himself for his service to the Nazi party.

    https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/a...n-nazi-germany

    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...209-story.html

    So...its absolutely fair to look at the policies Miller has shaped and pushed and call him a Nazi/Neo-Nazi, based solely on the facts and the evidence. There is FACTUAL historical precedent for Jewish men joining the ACTUAL Nazi Party (as well as modern day loser neo-Nazi wank circles), and pretending like his Jewishness somehow prevents him from embracing and/or pushing for genocide against 'illegal immigrants' does no one any favors.

    To sum up, 'But he's Jewish!' is not a defense for his awfulness, no matter what his defenders may think. Such a defense generally does more to reveal that the people who work so hard at defending him...by playing on racial/cultural stereotypes of Jewish people instead of evidence...revel in their own ignorance (and casual bigotry disguised as performative 'wokeness') more than anything else.
    Just an aside, but hasn't Miller also been disowned by his family? Seems a firm statement, that

  2. #13757
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No he wasn't. There is some evidence that his grandfather may have been Jewish, but that doesn't mean he was "born Jewish".

    Otherwise I am enjoying your posts.
    Thank you for the correction. But to the Nazi agenda any drop could me Jew. So why I stand with that statement.

    But yeah I myself study things, many things. From physical science to political stuff. Seeing how the stakes really are this fucking high is why I have visited here.

    And being vocal in real life now.

  3. #13758
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Thank you for the correction. But to the Nazi agenda any drop could me Jew. So why I stand with that statement.

    But yeah I myself study things, many things. From physical science to political stuff. Seeing how the stakes really are this fucking high is why I have visited here.

    And being vocal in real life now.
    No problem.
    Yeah, the next 10 days are nerve racking.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  4. #13759
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just an aside, but hasn't Miller also been disowned by his family? Seems a firm statement, that
    Not sure about ‘disowned’, but his family has spoken out against him.

    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ld-me-to-speak

    Also, on the ‘Hitler was born Jewish’ front, unless his mother was Jewish, he would not be considered Jewish, at least by orthodox standards (my personal knowledge of Judaism and how lineages are traced comes from time spent living in an orthodox community and interacting with my neighbors and the family I lived with for a year, so it may be skewed/biased by their particular cultural standards).

    But by Nazi standards, ANY Jewish blood is enough to get you looked at sideways, or sent to a camp if you owned something a ‘pure’ Nazi wanted...So it wouldn’t surprise me if he did what he could to hide it. Bigots are hypocritical assholes, to a one. Miller is no different. I’m sure if he could have erased his Jewishness, he would have.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.

  5. #13760
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    As I have commented before, being Jewish does NOT preclude one from ALSO being a Nazi/neo-Nazi.

    In the world of fiction, check out the Ryan Gosling movie, THE BELIEVER, in which he plays a self-loathing Jewish man who joins a neo-Nazi group and gets caught up in a plot to bomb his home synagogue.

    In real life history, check out the likes of Erhard Milch, who was 'Aryanized' by Hitler himself for his service to the Nazi party.

    https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/a...n-nazi-germany

    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...209-story.html

    So...its absolutely fair to look at the policies Miller has shaped and pushed and call him a Nazi/Neo-Nazi, based solely on the facts and the evidence. There is FACTUAL historical precedent for Jewish men joining the ACTUAL Nazi Party (as well as modern day loser neo-Nazi wank circles), and pretending like his Jewishness somehow prevents him from embracing and/or pushing for genocide against 'illegal immigrants' does no one any favors.

    To sum up, 'But he's Jewish!' is not a defense for his awfulness, no matter what his defenders may think. Such a defense generally does more to reveal that the people who work so hard at defending him...by playing on racial/cultural stereotypes of Jewish people instead of evidence...revel in their own ignorance (and casual bigotry disguised as performative 'wokeness') more than anything else.
    I'm Jewish, and I have no problem calling the little shit a Nazi.

  6. #13761
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    His failing health might improve her chances. But she has been way behind in the polls there.

    https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-polls/kentucky/
    She never really had a chance in Kentucky. I am from Central Kentucky and grew up there. I am just across the boarder from Ky and get their news. Kentucky did vote out the Republican Bevin but he was a lying POS. But for some reason when it come to Mitch despite him being a lying POS the voters go for him every time.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  7. #13762
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You mean the Police shooting in Illinois? Wow. Stay safe.
    Yes the one in Waukegan.

  8. #13763
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    https://youtu.be/3sdoq8IlTq0

    Okay. So unless you treat him with kid gloves, he plans to make where you live Hell?! And he wants a third term?! This guy. Plotting to punish people due to voting is higher on the treason scale than Nixon.
    Nixon was at least good at the job. Trump makes Nixon look like JFK in comparison.

  9. #13764
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Nixon was at least good at the job. Trump makes Nixon look like JFK in comparison.
    There are Nixonion programs still alive today like Senior Companions and Foster Grandparents.

    I don't think the same will be true for Trump.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #13765
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There are Nixonion programs still alive today like Senior Companions and Foster Grandparents.

    I don't think the same will be true for Trump.
    Given Obamacare was salvaged from Nixon's discarded work, you're absolutely right.

    The entire reason Historians don't consider him to be the worst president is that he was so good at the job that it somewhat offset his crimes in the long run.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-23-2020 at 03:02 PM.

  11. #13766
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Given Obamacare was salvaged from Nixon's discarded work, you're absolutely right.

    The entire reason Historians don't consider him to be the worst president is that he was so good at the job that it somewhat offset his crimes in the long run.
    Yeah Trickery Dick was truly something. He tried to play ball in both fields of the spectrum.

  12. #13767
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Given Obamacare was salvaged from Nixon's discarded work, you're absolutely right.

    The entire reason Historians don't consider him to be the worst president is that he was so good at the job that it somewhat offset his crimes in the long run.
    Well, ClintonCare or whatever it was called had more to owe to Nixon's plan.

    ObamaCare had more to owe to RomneyCare. I often call it ObamneyCare to my far-right family.

    But I can see your point and say some of the general skeleton is there from the Nixon plan, but not much!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah Trickery Dick was truly something. He tried to play ball in both fields of the spectrum.
    Yeah ... he had a hand in National Service like Points of Light foundational settings, AmeriCorps ground work, and Peace Corps expansion.

    And to both of your points ...

    I find it really telling that people are more willing to say the good Nixon did over Trump. Trump has none of that to earn him any goodwill. And Nixon was a monster.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #13768
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    https://youtu.be/4aopK42g0aM

    The man who she waged war with, now she is sucking up too.

    It is not just the politicians, it’s everyone who wants to sell out.

  14. #13769
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,979

    Default

    Outside of being a traitor and a war criminal as well as election felonies, enemy lists and a corrupt SOB, he was not that bad? BS, I was alive then, he was totally a piece of shit who screwed the country. Trump's racist strategy and Law and Order crap comes straight from Nixon.
    Just because Trump is worst doesn't redeem Nixon.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #13770
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well, ClintonCare or whatever it was called had more to owe to Nixon's plan.

    ObamaCare had more to owe to RomneyCare. I often call it ObamneyCare to my far-right family.

    But I can see your point and say some of the general skeleton is there from the Nixon plan, but not much!


    Yeah ... he had a hand in National Service like Points of Light foundational settings, AmeriCorps ground work, and Peace Corps expansion.

    And to both of your points ...

    I find it really telling that people are more willing to say the good Nixon did over Trump. Trump has none of that to earn him any goodwill. And Nixon was a monster.
    Which should tell you about Trump then.

    Opened my damn eyes to all of this and got some nutters who wanted a red NY to not go that road.

    I mean really. My parents taught me to always act on the best interest of right and wrong. With I am blue here. Trump is worse than Nixon.

    We in this “enlightened age” have a guy worse than Nixon. This is a story to tell for a long time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •