BANNED

I always viewed police covering for murderers among their ranks as being the same as churches covering for pedophiles among the priests (or athletic programs for their coaches, etc.). Guess it shouldn't be surprising they'd also do this.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Disgusting. Only Qpublicans circle the wagons to protect scumbags in their ranks better than police unions.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I would say he is going to have a tough time in General population when he hits prison. But if his place is like my prison the former cops are placed in protective custody. My prison was one of the only ones in my half of the state with a Protective Custody wing. general Population never saw these inmates. And if the PC inmates needed to go through the common yard to go to the doctor or whatever the whole yard was shut down and we all had to stay in our dorms until they got to the doctors and back from the doctors. A couple hours most of the time. Happened about once a month.

So even after being locked up they protect cops like crazy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This reminds me of an idea I've been thinking about. My idea is redesigning a police officer's handgun in such a way that it uses a mini-magazine that has to be loaded into the handle of the weapon in order to actually shoot anyone or anything.

From an outsider's perspective, it would be hard to tell if the gun was loaded or not.

However, the police would be required to carry their weapons unloaded unless a conscious decision is made to actually shoot someone.

It would be designed to load quickly, but the mini-mag would be kept separately on the police officer from the weapon.

A police officer could still use the weapon as a deterrent since the person it's being pointed at wouldn't know if it was loaded or not.

But it would also require the police officer to think, am I ready to shoot this person? Is it really needed for me to shoot this person?

It might still be a snap judgment, but it might stop or reduce accidents and separate out those police officers who are trigger happy from other police officers who are just trying to save lives.

Of course, there still needs to be addressed the overuse of Pepper Spray and the use of other types of assault like what happened to George Floyd and others.

But still, if we can limit overuse of loaded weapons, maybe more lives can be spared.
    I have a better idea:

Stop teaching police to be twitchy, racist cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    It would be nice for cops to have a multi-purpose weapon that includes both tasers and handguns, like the Judges' weapons in Dredd film
    No. No, it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This reminds me of an idea I've been thinking about. My idea is redesigning a police officer's handgun in such a way that it uses a mini-magazine that has to be loaded into the handle of the weapon in order to actually shoot anyone or anything.

From an outsider's perspective, it would be hard to tell if the gun was loaded or not.

However, the police would be required to carry their weapons unloaded unless a conscious decision is made to actually shoot someone.

It would be designed to load quickly, but the mini-mag would be kept separately on the police officer from the weapon.

A police officer could still use the weapon as a deterrent since the person it's being pointed at wouldn't know if it was loaded or not.

But it would also require the police officer to think, am I ready to shoot this person? Is it really needed for me to shoot this person?

It might still be a snap judgment, but it might stop or reduce accidents and separate out those police officers who are trigger happy from other police officers who are just trying to save lives.

Of course, there still needs to be addressed the overuse of Pepper Spray and the use of other types of assault like what happened to George Floyd and others.

But still, if we can limit overuse of loaded weapons, maybe more lives can be spared.
    To be honest not really a fan of this idea. With the mass shootings we have, and things that can happen at a moments notice I dont like the idea of a cop not being ready right away to handle that.

I say redesign the taser. I am shocked more money hungry companies have not gotten to this. or The GOP passes a bill saying the taser has to look different then buy stock in the company that supplies them to police. Right up the GOP wheel house. So I am shocked this hasnt happened yet.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest not really a fan of this idea. With the mass shootings we have, and things that can happen at a moments notice I dont like the idea of a cop not being ready right away to handle that.
    Siri, show me the last time a cop did jack fuckin' **** to actually stop a mass shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Siri, show me the last time a cop did jack fuckin' **** to actually stop a mass shooting.
    If there is a cop on the scene for any shooting not just a mass shooting which I will give you they havnt stopped at the start but they did shoot many of the shooters. Cant blame the cops for not stopping a mass shooting right off the bat when they are not on scene to start with. But in a life or death spur of the moment situation I dont want a cop fumbling and trying to load his gun which should have been loaded in the first place. just redesign the taser.

Ultimate Member

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/poli...202219877.html

Cops need guns, but they also need to be better trained in rules of engagement and when to escalate. The guy didn't have a serious warrant, they could have just picked him up later.

She needlessly escalated. I believe her when she said that she meant to use her taser, but there was no call for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/poli...202219877.html

Cops need guns, but they also need to be better trained in rules of engagement and when to escalate. The guy didn't have a serious warrant, they could have just picked him up later.

She needlessly escalated. I believe her when she said that she meant to use her taser, but there was no call for that.
    Agreed. It wasn't like Daunte Wright was wanted for murder, the whole situation went horribly out of control for no good reason. As for Kim Potter, she had been a cop for 26 years and yet, she behaved like some green rookie on her first patrol. Totally and absolutely inexcusable.

Astonishing Member

We could always just not give them weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    We could always just not give them weapons.
    Lets have a police force in America with no guns and see how that works. In a country where ten year old kids have NRA cards.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Lets have a police force in America with no guns and see how that works. In a country where ten year old kids have NRA cards.
    Well, at least then they would be deserving of the sainthood that the 'Blue Lives Matter' crowd anoints them if they didn't carry lethal firearms into situations where their lives might be at risk. Maybe they would take their deescalation training a little more seriously if it was their life as well as those they have sworn to protect and server on the line. Lets spend more effort in training our police forces in the use of non-lethal force. If other countries can do it, why can't we? Aren't we supposed to be 'The Greatest Country in the World'?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Daunte Wright’s Father ‘Cannot Accept’ Cop’s Taser Defense For Son’s Killing

Aubrey Wright said that calling the shooting of his son a “mistake” by a 26-year police veteran just “doesn’t sound right.”

Matt Gaetz’s iPhone Is Seized; Associate Talks In Sex Trafficking Probe: Reports

Federal agents seized the Florida Republican’s device when executing a search warrant over the winter, Politico reported. Sounds like Matty Perv could be in a spot of bother. GOOD!

Madison Cawthorn Wants To Protect Trump’s Half-Finished Wall As A Monument

The freshman GOP congressman says he’s “proud” to introduce the “Donument Act”(sigh) to “protect the southern border wall from alteration.” Lord, what fools these Qpublicans are.

Kenosha Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake Returns To Work Without Discipline

Officer Rusten Sheskey came back to active duty on March 31 after shooting and paralyzing the 29-year-old Blake in August. Well, of course he did. Disgusting!

OSHA Fines Company That Wouldn’t Let Employees And Customers Wear Masks

The $136,000 fine is the largest COVID-related penalty to date from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Fined? That company needs to be shut down, especially when the owner of the company says crazy **** like this:

"Masks are a deadly health hazard and should be banned out of this country.”

Despite Book Condemning Trump And GOP, John Boehner Says He Voted For Trump In 2020

“I thought that his policies, by and large, mirrored the policies that I believed in,” the former House speaker said. For anyone wanting to give Boehner a pass because he slammed Trump and the GQP, this should convince you otherwise.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-14-2021 at 01:36 AM.

For obvious reasons, stories that could have turned into mass shootings aren't covered as much as mass shootings.

We won't know if the cops who killed an armed high school student in Knoxville who opened fire at them prevented a mass shooting, or were part of a troubled kid's suicide by cop.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ting-knoxville
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets