Page 147 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The fact that he is still here. Still standing at the weird "mime pretending it's windy" angle.
    Paul, clear your inbox. XD

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So if you were a store owner you would sit back and be okay with protesters looting and burning your store down? You would have to be because they are angry and fighting for social change. Would you sit back and let it happen if they decided to go after homes instead of stores?
    Don, the owner of Central Camera in Chicago has no ill feelings about watching his family business burning down. He says they'll rebuild, but that he's angry about what started it. The death of George Flyod in Minnesota.
    Interview with Don here: https://twitter.com/angelic_no/statu...52961055473670
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Paul, clear your inbox. XD
    Done. The inbox here reminds me of the old days of hotmail.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Don gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I said I supprt non violent protests and that includes his. I just wish he had chosen another way to spread his message.
    I keep staring at the non-euclidian geometry of your pretzel logic and it's threatening to bring an unspeakable madness into the world, like a an argument that was sent from a hypothetical section of spade beyond the known universe, as part of an obscenely bloated discussion about whether or not human beings matter in the grand scheme of the elder gods.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.courthousenews.com/minne...emacist-groups
    What a surprise! Arrested looters coming from white supremacist groups? Is anyone surprised?
    But the greatest Attorney General the Amerikkkan Reich has ever seen told us it was Antifa!!

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    "The riot is the voice of the unheard" Martin Luther King Jr

Although in this case I think they are being heard. The officers involved haven't been charged, but as has been noted in this thread, the bar for prosecuting police officers is incredibly high, even with evidence that would make a case a slam dunk for anyone else. The South Carolina cop who was caught on camera shooting someone, THEN dropping his taser next to the corpse required a second trial to get a conviction.
    "True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice." — Stride Toward Freedom, 1958

And definitely not just enough to hear the unheard and say that they’re lives manner, but also for that language to actively be put into effect with productivity and solutions, surely by someone with enough power and influence to sway the narrative in that favor.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Cop shoves down old man walking with a cane: https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog...08354821206016

GameStop forced its employees to go to work in the middle of the pandemic, didn't they? They claimed they were essential?

Careful what you wish for.
    One other thing I read is that business places are a target of rage because they actually get police protection, whereas the rioters feel they need protection from police.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Founding fathers targeted the British. Not innocent amerians.

If you're going to lash out, at least lash out at the people you're actually in conflict with. Burning down business in your own community, many of which are owned by people of color, is neither a logical, ethical, legal, or even reasonable means of achieving your goals.

Do you seriously imagine a large pecentage of white america are somehow going to be put in their place seeing black people on TV burning down their own freaking neighborhood? I'm skeptical.
    If you’d actually listen to why we’re doing what we’re doing, you’d know that Target was rooted against because it denied protestors who were unfairly maxed water for their eyes. The goods were later distributed to the entire community. They are burning down slave monuments, police precincts, all institutions of violent racism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If you’d actually listen to why we’re doing what we’re doing, you’d know that Target was rooted against because it denied protestors who were unfairly maxed water for their eyes. The goods were later distributed to the entire community. They are burning down slave monuments, police precincts, all institutions of violent racism.
    Target has done bad things, no doubt and they need to be held to account for that but this isn't going to bring Target down - they'll rebuild and get insurance and their employees will end up unemployed or homeless in the fallout. This will likely increase the chances of target, and other businesses, moving out of the region and creating more food deserts and the small businesses will probably go bankrupt.

Target is nothing like those institutions, and it won't be the only business getting the brunt of this. If anyone wants to purchase things from them that's not going to available to them for a while.

Incidents like this also provide opportunities for criminals who aren't in this for the cause, it's cover for their own gain and they'll bring heat on the actual protesters and won't face the consequences. Do you want the protesters to stop them doing this? Because they'll slink into the shadows while the protesters get the blame.

How's this going to affect the local community? The aftermath will stay longer than the riot.

Edit: Forgot one thing, this is occurring during a global pandemic which shut down the entire world. How many people are going die from COVID-19 during all this? There are no cures, and getting it will do a number on your health even if you survive. It's another vector which will impact marginalised groups who will become more vulnerable and will be exploited by the police and bad actors to harm them.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-31-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Edit: Forgot one thing, this is occurring during a global pandemic which shut down the entire world. How many people are going die from COVID-19 during all this? There are no cures, and getting it will do a number on your health even if you survive. It's another vector which will impact marginalised groups who will become more vulnerable and will be exploited by the police and bad actors to harm them.
    A lot of cities, including Philadelphia (currently in curfew until 6 a.m. this morning) where I live were scheduled to emerge from lockdown during the upcoming week. Yesterday's madness could not only set things back, but result in a brand new spike of cases. This is damned maddening.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A lot of cities, including Philadelphia (currently in curfew until 6 a.m. this morning) where I live were scheduled to emerge from lockdown during the upcoming week. Yesterday's madness could not only set things back, but result in a brand new spike of cases. This is damned maddening.
    It's almost like all our social sins are coming back to haunt us, as a nation, at the time we can least afford it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

In addition to all of this a Native American youth center/tech school for radio, was burned down during the riots when a post office was set on fire.
    https://www.indianz.com/News/2020/05...-community.asp

https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/...wkizbyGCkwZ-lg

No one in the news has covered this.

Astonishing Member

There were several protests under the Obama administration but they weren't widespread nor so chaotic as what we've seen these two days. I remember Obama was unifying the nation during those protests. I don't see trump doing that. I see trump doing the opposite. I can't help but wonder if these riots wouldn't be like this if we had a different president.